More suggestions

User suggestions to improve the game

Re: More suggestions

Postby Demongod » Thu Dec 03, 2009 6:45 pm

Visfarix wrote:1)Like I said. Get used to it. If you can't, leave. Not everything is supposed to be useful as soon as you get it.

2) This makes me wonder how long it has been since you've played a card game. Higher rarity cards are certainly more unique then lower rarity ones, but they are also supposed to be more powerful than lower rarity ones too. Have you played MTG recently? Some of the rare cards nowadays are so powerful some people think they are OP or broken. Same thing applies to Alteil, although I think that Alteil makes many of it's rarer cards too balanced, rather than powerful. Also balance in a game is nice to have, but you can't make everything perfectly balanced. Then things get boring and stale, and people stop playing and go for more exciting games.

3)Your right I did misread this one. Oh well. I still support it, but I think instead of increasing the number of cards to flip you should decrease the amount of flips they get.

1) Not supposed to be useful as soon as you get it != useless for MONTHS after you get it because of the game's revive/LP interplay mechanic.
2) I've played MTG. I played back in Odyssey/Onslaught (U/G madness, woot). Played all the way up till Mirrodin. And then they started by banning skullclamp. And then they nuked the entire set by banning the artifact lands, ravager, and disciple of the vault! Since that point, I lost faith in WotC to make a good card game, and from the sounds of it, I was right to have lost faith. Advocating that card power be based on rarity is horrible.

You: "Oh lookit, I got XYZ rare! It's rarer than anything you have! I=TEH WINRAR!"
Opponent: This game sucks. So I'm going to suck unless I spend a zillion bucks pursuing chase rares?! *Ragequit* x 100 players

3) I like your suggestion here.
Nerf Elite Fencer. Change start skill to "target unit of agi 4 or higher gets AGI = 3. Then, this unit gets AGI = 4 for this turn and ATK +10"

For the great justice of the diverse meta.
Demongod

Postby Visfarix » Thu Dec 03, 2009 6:59 pm

1) eh we disagree here and will continue to disagree from what i'm seeing. I believe that you get what crap cards you are dealt and you have to deal with it and go beyond this adversity with patience. Patience being the operative word here. You believe this situation shouldn't even crop up. Oh well agree to disagree here. Let's move on.

2)Skullclamp was banned because it gave you ridiculous amounts card advantage for 1 mana. It was banned because it was broken. Even if it was a rare card it still would've been banned. It's alot like ancestral recall if you think about it. Being able to constantly gain 2 cards for 1 or 2 mana really is broken. Artifact lands, ravager, and disciple of the vault were banned because they make a broken combo. Being able to deal 20 damage and consistently win on turn 1 or 2 is NOT fun. Advocating that kind of power regardless of rarity shows you really don't understand card games or balance at all. Please study more before you make outlandish claims.

3)Cool :D
Visfarix

Postby Demongod » Thu Dec 03, 2009 7:10 pm

Visfarix wrote:Higher rarity cards are certainly more unique then lower rarity ones, but they are also supposed to be more powerful than lower rarity ones too.

Visfarix wrote:Advocating that kind of power regardless of rarity shows you really don't understand card games or balance at all.

So then what do you call EM/EN? The only reason they're so borked is because of ultra-rare five stars.
Nerf Elite Fencer. Change start skill to "target unit of agi 4 or higher gets AGI = 3. Then, this unit gets AGI = 4 for this turn and ATK +10"

Demongod

Postby Visfarix » Thu Dec 03, 2009 7:25 pm

They are an upper tier meta-decks. Nigh impossible for lower level and non-paying Iczers to beat or make, but very good for them to learn from. The subtleties of how the files work and why they are effective, are good opportunities for new iczers to learn from, if they have the patience, and it will eventually lead to an effective counter. Or at least let them know when to give up. Also it makes for interesting games when something out of the ordinary works.

If they can't handle the losing or don't have the patience, then I have the same advice for them as I have for everyone else. If you can't handle it, then stop complaining and quit. A number of higher level Iczers who have similar views as yourself have already done so despite the money they have already spent simply because they have run out of patience and/or are waiting for the game to improve. I'll be sad to see you go, but I'll be relieved I don't have to listen to you complaining anymore.

In the end, my belief is that, the free starter file that Alteil gives you is merely a demo to the game. You won't get to enjoy it fully or see everything Alteil has to offer unless you spend a lot of time and patience on the game and/or pay out some money to get new cards.
Visfarix

Postby Otonashi » Thu Dec 03, 2009 7:33 pm

Actually, Verlaat isn't the main reason EM is strong. It's Weissvogel, and her free SP generation, which is an EX, not 5*. Without Weiss, the only reason to keep Mr. Ultra-Rare around is so that Orfen doesn't get bored when noon rolls around. This makes using EM a matter of how long you've been playing, not how much money you threw at the game.

And EN is powerful enough without Eskatia. Instead of getting that particular 5* card, you can use a 1* card, Succubus, in combination with a 2*, Magic Doll -Melee- (Soul Skill). Set 5 brought us another card, Night Soul (1*), and the Set 5 EX brings us EX Riza. Plenty of options for somebody who is willing to drop $10 or so.
Otonashi

Postby Demongod » Thu Dec 03, 2009 7:36 pm

So the people who buy the current EX cards get otherwise unobtainable cards of overpoweredness?

And that's supposed to make the community grow how?

Demongod

Postby kyokaze » Thu Dec 03, 2009 7:39 pm

Demongod wrote:So the people who buy the current EX cards get otherwise unobtainable cards of overpoweredness?

Unobtainable for the moment. There has been 1 EX lotto that re-released old EX cards for 2 days. There will be a permanent one in the future once we've had enough EX cards, so it's not entirely unobtainable, just for the time being after it leaves and before EX lotto. Also it helps it grow because then people who came after the original EX now have a chance at them as well and can boost themselves up.
We may not be the strongest but we shall fight to the end! Let us spread our wings and soar to VICTORY!
~ Twilight Angels ~
kyokaze

Postby Otonashi » Thu Dec 03, 2009 7:46 pm

It rewards people for sticking around. In other words, creates player retention. Unfortunately, your mentality seems to be "If I can't have X, why bother?" when it should be "If I keep playing, I'll get Y and I'll have an edge over new guys".

And like kyokaze said. You CAN get them eventually anyways.
Otonashi

Postby Visfarix » Thu Dec 03, 2009 7:51 pm

kyokaze wrote:
Demongod wrote:So the people who buy the current EX cards get otherwise unobtainable cards of overpoweredness?

Unobtainable for the moment. There has been 1 EX lotto that re-released old EX cards for 2 days. There will be a permanent one in the future once we've had enough EX cards, so it's not entirely unobtainable, just for the time being after it leaves and before EX lotto. Also it helps it grow because then people who came after the original EX now have a chance at them as well and can boost themselves up.

I guess it gives people a chance to see cool cards and combos so when the EX lotto comes out, it encourages people to spend. I know I was greatly envious of people who had started playing since the beginning, because they had set1 EX cards while I was only capable of getting set2 EX cards (cause that's about the time I joined). It made me wait in great anticipation for the EX lotto, which people kept telling me was coming, and when it finally did arrive I spent a good deal of money on the lotto. Got a lot of neat stuff too. I didn't get any Weissvogels (I wanted Rougeerst but I didn't get any of her either) but I don't really care for EM so not a big loss to me.
Visfarix

Postby Demongod » Thu Dec 03, 2009 10:23 pm

Oh okay. My bad. So they are eventually obtainable. And speaking of the current sets, is it me, or does the Undead King Z have what is effectively 120 HP?

Demongod

PreviousNext

Return to Safiria's Planning Bureau