More suggestions

User suggestions to improve the game

Re: More suggestions

Postby Visfarix » Thu Dec 03, 2009 11:06 pm

Demongod wrote:Oh okay. My bad. So they are eventually obtainable. And speaking of the current sets, is it me, or does the Undead King Z have what is effectively 120 HP?

Yes as long as he is in the 1st row he has effectively 120 hp. However he tends to absorb more damage than that, as damage that goes over his current maxhp does not effect his refresh (regaining hp) skill.
Visfarix

Postby Ginnazoh » Fri Dec 04, 2009 10:44 am

EM and EN although strong do not require specifically tailored decks to defeat. A good gowen rush, merc nation, SK, midlawt, big blue and basically any well constructed deck has a chance of beating EM and EN.

EN = sergis ss absolutely destroys lycans. Flesh recycle does a great job of that too, or even better warning knife a scylla and wail away at it, every hit means 1 lp lost.

EM = from what i've seen, it does not really pose a great threat on its own. I've mostly seen people use it as a SP gen, by it I mean mainly Weiss, and the only time I saw someone use a morning lycan and do something good is by getting ridiculously lucky, and having the SP advantage thanks to Weiss.

Artifact lands, ravager, and disciple of the vault was an OP combo. I started playing magic tournaments during mirrodom (spelling error I think) and I had to make every deck focused on countering artifacts and their affinity. My entire deck was focused solely on defeating artifacts, nothing else, and that was the only way I could consistently beat those darn artifacts with their affinity. With EM and EN, like I said earlier, any well constructed deck can defeat it if you play it properly. It will be a hard fought battle but it will be a fun battle.

As annoying as ex:zuga seem, it ranks nowhere near as annoying as trying to take down 3 guardians (1 star unit) + 1 blessing (in starter) + folrart captain (in starter) with a starter deck that cannot return units.
Ginnazoh

Postby Demongod » Sat Dec 05, 2009 3:26 am

Okay, another suggestion:

4) Make it such that the lottos and treasure battles don't hand you copies of a card you already have 3 copies of, although I'm not sure whether or not you can use the same card more than three times in a deck--three times as a character, and then up to five times as a soul skill. If a GM knows whether or not this is the case, I'd like it clarified.
Nerf Elite Fencer. Change start skill to "target unit of agi 4 or higher gets AGI = 3. Then, this unit gets AGI = 4 for this turn and ATK +10"

For the great justice of the diverse meta.
Demongod

Postby luckysvn777 » Sat Dec 05, 2009 3:34 am

What happens when you have all the 1 and 2*'s then

Actually a while back, such a lotto system was tossed around.. i think its still being considered by the GM's, with that issue being the biggest one.
luckysvn777

Postby Peralisc2 » Sat Dec 05, 2009 3:41 am

Let me teach you something. In games mob drops give various loot, the items can be repetitive, the extras you need to sell in what ways are possible in that game. In alteil you can sell it only to the Shop. Consider the failed attempts to get something new an equal to failing enchanting an armor and make it much better.
It's really completly normal, so don't worry about it. What you should worry about is rather the success rate.
ImageImage
Alteil is pretty much well balanced. Sometimes you loose and sometimes the enemy wins.
Peralisc2

Postby Demongod » Sat Dec 05, 2009 3:51 am

Peralisc, the problem with that analogy is that here, you're not obtaining the loot in some other way. You're paying for it, and then recycling it, so literally, instead of getting something out of the lotto, it simply eats your gran and laughs at you.

Now with physical cards it's slightly different because if you have X amount of playsets of a certain card, you don't need to break one deck to put said playset in another. But since this is online, one playset is all you need.

After that, I think the idea of the lotto just saying "thanks for your gran, come again!" might really put people off. Especially if they PAY for it.

"When you have all the 1s and 2s" is actually a question more conceptual than practical. We're talking 780 cards here. That'll take a very long time to collect, assuming no other set in the meantime, and then if we can actually cross that road when we come to it.
Nerf Elite Fencer. Change start skill to "target unit of agi 4 or higher gets AGI = 3. Then, this unit gets AGI = 4 for this turn and ATK +10"

Demongod

Postby Peralisc2 » Sat Dec 05, 2009 3:59 am

I didn't notice that you talk about paying money to get cards. I understand from your post that you talk about daily MM gran and treasure battles. Really where did you mention payment there? But i see the issue with not getting something new when you actually pay with real cash. They should definitely fix that issue for when you spend. Get something new, you deserve it since you spent, right? One new card at least should be guaranteed, but right now it totally discourages you to add few $ when you got many cards.

We're talking 780 cards here.

1 and 2 stars aren't hard to get all if you really want to. Sure it asks for effort, but we are talking about 780 cards aren't we?
ImageImage
Alteil is pretty much well balanced. Sometimes you loose and sometimes the enemy wins.
Peralisc2

Postby Demongod » Sat Dec 05, 2009 4:02 am

Well the thing is, you don't pay for cards. You pay for gran. It's how the system is, and frankly, the system is fine. But once you get the 1*s and 2*s, you start to work on the 3*s, the 4*s, the 5*s, and finally the EXs. But in all honesty, if we're coming close to that road, then that's a signal that we need more cards in the system anyway, right?

Edit: Peralisc, I just gave this a thought, and...here's the thing...paying is commutative. If you paid for 500 gran at some point to lotto when you didn't have whatever 1 and 2*s, but then you're getting auto-ditch (4th copy and on), you might as well have lost that money there as well.

So, frankly, there you have it. IRL, you at least get additional physical playsets. But here, when you make a new file, you get access to all of your cards again, so IMO, giving you 4th copies and up just seems a bit desperate and sketchy IMO. Considering that there are 780 total 1 and 2*s out there right now, it effectively costs $78.00 just to obtain a playset of all of those and after that, another $30.00 to obtain the rest of the rares.

Now if someone shelled out oh, around $110 in support of Alteil, I think that's far above the average value of player contributions.
Last edited by Demongod on Sat Dec 05, 2009 7:47 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Demongod

Postby Demongod » Sat Dec 05, 2009 7:43 pm

Another one I just thought of:

Replace (or augment) the MM with the NPC arena. The amount of gran you receive from this would be equivalent to the level of the NPC you just whacked.

Not sure if this should be one-time-per-day only, or uncapped, so that you could keep getting up to 30 gran from the level 30 NPC. (Don't think that'd sit well with many of you).

Also, another suggestion: remove the timer from MM. The turn limit already is the massive factor here, but the timer simply doesn't let people collect their thoughts at all.

Demongod

Postby Soiyeruda » Sat Dec 05, 2009 7:49 pm

Demongod wrote:Also, another suggestion: remove the timer from MM. The turn limit already is the massive factor here, but the timer simply doesn't let people collect their thoughts at all.

Oh look. No time limit. *Gets out word text document and writes down the order I opened the cards in (by row)*. Lolol requires no memory. :S

In conclusion, it'd be pretty abusable. I wouldn't minding maybe increasing the time limit by about 5 seconds, but removing it is pushing it.
Soiyeruda

PreviousNext

Return to Safiria's Planning Bureau