Gift system

User suggestions to improve the game

Gift system

Postby animefreak99 » Fri Dec 04, 2009 4:26 pm

how about a gift system to allow players to give other players cards...

limitation being, u can't gift the same card u recived for 1 month or so... other limitations u can only gift those equal or low lvls then u. u can't gift someone that has just gifted u, for X amount of time...

upside to gifting would be XP/FM? XP/FM would vary with the rarity of the card gifted...
animefreak99

Re: Gift system

Postby Artist » Fri Dec 04, 2009 6:55 pm

The thing is that everyone would make like 200 accounts with 199 being accounts that give everything to the one.
Artist

Postby Gota » Fri Dec 04, 2009 10:22 pm

Limit it to gifting only allowed by paying customers. Thats what alot of mmos do.

The account has to have recent online purchase transactions, at least within 2 months, totaling more than 2 transactions in the account lifetime. This prevents random new account gifting.

Just ideas above, but they could manipulate it anyway they like, whether it be total amount of $ spend has to be above 50$ every 2 months, etc. Of course those limitations you pointed out has to be in place too, i.e. can't gift a card you received before within a 3 month period or something along those lines.
Logress wrote:Gota: I just looked at your lottery logs... I officially declare you the most unlucky man on earth.
Gota

Postby Demongod » Fri Dec 04, 2009 10:45 pm

Agree with the gifting system. Absolutely disagree with the "must be paying account and have XYZ stipulations and on and on and on"

Honestly, even if someone did make twenty alts just for gifting, honestly what's the big deal? Consider this:

In order to get your ten gran a day (10 cents), you have to play MM for, say, five minutes. Let's pretend that there was no cap on the number of times you could play MM a day.

Five minutes x 12 = 60 minutes.
10 gran x 12 = 120 gran.
120 gran = 120 cents.
120 cents = $1.20

If someone were to make a bazillion alts, it'd literally be the same thing as an uncapped MM. If someone was really willing to grind for $1.20 an hour playing boring MM instead of simply getting some sort of job and then doing something else with that time if the cards were that important to them, well, what can I say? All the more power to them.
Nerf Elite Fencer. Change start skill to "target unit of agi 4 or higher gets AGI = 3. Then, this unit gets AGI = 4 for this turn and ATK +10"

For the great justice of the diverse meta.
Demongod

Postby luckysvn777 » Fri Dec 04, 2009 10:48 pm

Play to level 20, gift 6 3*'s, a bunch of 2*'s and a few 1*'s repeat. G's gotten that far with his alts in like 1-2 days. Not that hard.

Could theoretically get most of the 1-3*'s without paying a cent that way.. which I know some people think is the right answer, but it isn't.
luckysvn777

Postby Gota » Fri Dec 04, 2009 10:54 pm

Demongod wrote:Agree with the gifting system. Absolutely disagree with the "must be paying account and have XYZ stipulations and on and on and on"

Honestly, even if someone did make twenty alts just for gifting, honestly what's the big deal? Consider this:

In order to get your ten gran a day (10 cents), you have to play MM for, say, five minutes. Let's pretend that there was no cap on the number of times you could play MM a day.

Five minutes x 12 = 60 minutes.
10 gran x 12 = 120 gran.
120 gran = 120 cents.
120 cents = $1.20

If someone were to make a bazillion alts, it'd literally be the same thing as an uncapped MM. If someone was really willing to grind for $1.20 an hour playing boring MM instead of simply getting some sort of job and then doing something else with that time if the cards were that important to them, well, what can I say? All the more power to them.

Be realistic, you, me, and everyone's mother know that it will be little chance of gifting be implemented at all, you gotta compromise, flat out saying no to such things that benefits Alteil's side is like asking for 50$ without collateral, it just doesn't happen. When you are demand something, you gotta give up something. Any way to abuse a system of a game would always be looked down upon, having such a way that the game can be abused will be immediately turned down.
Last edited by Gota on Fri Dec 04, 2009 10:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Logress wrote:Gota: I just looked at your lottery logs... I officially declare you the most unlucky man on earth.
Gota

Postby Demongod » Fri Dec 04, 2009 10:54 pm

1-2 days? How many hours per day, exactly? And correct me if I'm wrong, but a box that costs 3 hours of work (2100 gran = $21.00) would probably be a faster way to collect cards, even if you were paid minimum wage. I don't think anyone could get to level 20 within 3 hours at the rate of current matchmaking. Each game alone lasts maybe seven and a half minutes between all of the animations and whatnot, and let's just say for the sake of argument it takes 2 and a half minutes to find a game.

A game every ten minutes. 18 games in three hours, assuming you win each and every one.

You don't even have 20 games, let alone 20 levels.

Once again, if you're going to grind and grind and grind, you should be allowed to do that. No matter which way you spin it, grinding in Alteil gets you less than working for minimum wage.

Edit: Gota, whether or not this will be implemented or not is a moot point. I'm just running pure back of the envelope calculations here, and all roads lead to the same conclusion: if someone wants to grind for less than minimum wage in Alteil, that should be their prerogative. Anyone with a full-time job, if getting more cards quickly in Alteil, would realize that their time is more valuable and simply pay up.
Nerf Elite Fencer. Change start skill to "target unit of agi 4 or higher gets AGI = 3. Then, this unit gets AGI = 4 for this turn and ATK +10"

Demongod

Postby luckysvn777 » Fri Dec 04, 2009 11:09 pm

Of course, if you play in Folrart, you can get a ton more exp.. enough to possibly get 1 level every 3-4 matches easy.

Its still abusable, so it won't happen. Fact.
luckysvn777

Postby Demongod » Fri Dec 04, 2009 11:39 pm

1 level every 3-4 matches = 1 level every 3.5 matches => 20 levels in 70 matches.

70 matches * 10 minutes a match = 700 minutes/60 minutes = 11.666667 hours * $7.15 = $83.42 ~= 8500 Gran = 4 boxes + 10 lotto spins >>> 6 3-stars and some ones and twos.

Whether or not this is abusable isn't something I'm debating. I'm just giving you numbers on any situation you might think up to prove that no matter which way you go about it, the only way this is abusable would be is if you had nothing better to do with your leisure time than to grind for Alteil cards.

Demongod

Postby luckysvn777 » Fri Dec 04, 2009 11:49 pm

Except I don't care about your numbers.. and I really don't anyone does. Because logic and math just completely dodge the point, the point being that this creates a loophole of sorts that could cost the company, and thus it won't happen. Your silly calculations don't change that one bit. All you're doing is assuming everyone is perfectly logical and that they have all options open to them, which is an illogical assumption to make in the first place.
luckysvn777

Next

Return to Safiria's Planning Bureau