Gift system

User suggestions to improve the game

Re: Gift system

Postby Otonashi » Sun Dec 06, 2009 8:25 pm

Uh. I don't know why you launched into a rant about how low level players can't get cards. I'll try to pick out the bits that I think are relevant.

I think it's common knowledge among dedicated players that you have to get to at least level 10 to transfer over anything of real value. Anything before then is a bunch of * and **s. ***s are decent, yes, but when you think about it, I think you get more in Folrart at the every 5 level-up awards.

The lottery can be very generous at times. And as far as I know, the prizes aren't based on how many times you try it. You could just as well get a 5* on your very first pull of your very first day of playing. And you know, some people would kill for some additional 2* (I know I would). Characters might be the focus of some files, but you shouldn't underestimate the selection of 2*'s we have floating around. Even some 1* are very good considering their rarity.

Tell me, what are you thinking the abuse with low-level accounts will be? Create a low level account, level it to 10, get a 3-star, transfer over? You know that there are 40 individual 3-stars, correct? So, we're talking an expectation of 120 accounts (though quite possibly many, many more), just to collect all the 3-stars? And then get level 10 on them each time?

Sounds like quite a bit of work, don't you think?

Yeah, that's very possible. It doesn't take too long to get to 10, really. You could probably do it in a day or two if you're really good at the game. Or at least, better than the newbies joining you in Crest. But you know, each account can also do Mirage Master daily too. If you have, say, 10 accounts, and get them each to level 10, you're getting 100 gran for lotto every day in addition to 100 new cards (Even if only 10 of them are 3*). In fact, you might not even need to bother with leveling up. The sheer amount of gran you get from MM over many accounts will probably let you farm rares like nuts.

And yes, it does sound like a bit of work. But hey, time is money. So if you don't want to spend money, be prepared to spend time.

Some people do have an excess of free time. Some people don't, but are willing to spend what little free time they have doing things like this anyways. Maybe some people are really good at it, so they can do it in a short amount of time. It doesn't matter why, really. The point is, some people can do it, and very likely, those people will do it. And it's going to ruin the game for everybody else; or at least, for people like you, who can't seem to comprehend some people getting an advantage over others. You're the one always jumping around on the forums complaining that there's too big of a gap between paying players and free players, aren't you? Well why haven't you started arguing about people with spare time and people without spare time?
Otonashi

Postby Demongod » Sun Dec 06, 2009 9:19 pm

Look...tell you what...why not just set a stringent level requirement on gifting? Say...level 50, just for argument's sake. That way, even if you create a gazillion accounts, you still have to actually use those gazillion accounts rather than just do the same quick go-through-the motions junk.

And anyway, I doubt this system would be implemented, mainly because of "what about abusers with too much spare time?" regardless of any quantitative counterarguments to be made.
Nerf Elite Fencer. Change start skill to "target unit of agi 4 or higher gets AGI = 3. Then, this unit gets AGI = 4 for this turn and ATK +10"

For the great justice of the diverse meta.
Demongod

Postby animefreak99 » Sun Dec 06, 2009 9:34 pm

i doubt anything we suggest will be implmented...I only suggested this cause i'm pretty sure everyone has cards that they have no use for and know that another player could use.
animefreak99

Postby luckysvn777 » Sun Dec 06, 2009 11:53 pm

That would be because any quantitative calculations made so far are based off an ideal world that one cannot assume reality accurately follows..
luckysvn777

Postby Zanador » Mon Dec 07, 2009 4:27 am

Well, No.1 rule of gamers is that playing whatever is more important than the time spent on nearly anything else (this is the base of any mmorpg, tho they are trying out some other concepts too).
Anyway, if you remember the legal issue of trading: Players could place bets on matches, and since they can buy gran and therefore cards with real money, its basically gambling completly within the game. If there is a way to do the same with gifts, then gifts cant be implemented either, end of the story (correct me if my logic has any flaws). So for any new system, even for the sake of suggestions, you would have to make it unabusable and make it fit the laws too.
Something must be wrong with me. I'm giving advices to someone i should kill.
Zanador

Postby luckysvn777 » Mon Dec 07, 2009 4:32 am

Actually, that's a pretty valid point Zanador. I wouldn't expect the newer players to get it, since those GM posts about trading were from a bit back, but that's another reason why it won't happen.
luckysvn777

Postby 091888 » Mon Dec 07, 2009 9:25 pm

ppl worry about gifting ........ what the waste of time , you abuse = waste of time come on waste a few hours per day trying to get the card you want ...

Postby 091816 » Tue Dec 08, 2009 9:23 am

091888 wrote:ppl worry about gifting ........ what the waste of time , you abuse = waste of time come on waste a few hours per day trying to get the card you want ...

... i am lv 1 = no abuse of the system ?

Re: Free Players vs Paying Players debate

Postby Demongod » Sat Dec 26, 2009 11:42 am

Then once again, a gifting system. So that people can gift their extras. Or some other way to exchange cards between accounts. If someone has enough money to pay for gold boxes, then for them to be MMing/leveling up 5 different accs to farm a bunch of stuff would be working for less than minimum wage.
Nerf Elite Fencer. Change start skill to "target unit of agi 4 or higher gets AGI = 3. Then, this unit gets AGI = 4 for this turn and ATK +10"

For the great justice of the diverse meta.
Demongod

Re: Free Players vs Paying Players debate

Postby Kitsune9 » Sat Dec 26, 2009 12:20 pm

What in your vision would be the effective difference between a trading system and a gifting system, other than being able to trade for nothing with a gifting system?
Kitsune9

PreviousNext

Return to Safiria's Planning Bureau