Suggestion for Treasure Battles

User suggestions to improve the game

Suggestion for Treasure Battles

Postby garcia1000 » Sat Dec 05, 2009 12:30 pm

I got an idea guys!!

The worst feeling is when u play a treasure battle but you are a newbie and don't have much chance of winning, then you see its a really nice card for your deck and it sucks that you can't get it

what i propose is a way that more people will play in folrart, and also happier: Both people get the treasure card from a treasure battle, whether win or lose!

If u say "wat is the incentive to win then?" then lol what about non-treasure battles?

so in conclusion this is a suggested suggestion from me i hope u consider it
"Pixies are all level 2, right? So why not try to drop cyclone on them?"
garcia1000

Re: Suggestion for Treasure Battles

Postby DanTheTimid » Sat Dec 05, 2009 12:47 pm

As much as I've never been a fan of how treasure battles adhere to the "help the rich get richer" style so prevalent in alteil, I kind of don't like this suggestion. The thing is, treasure battles would lose part of what makes them so intense and unique if the prize wasn't on the line. When I see a treasure battle occur its like the feeling you get when you've been sitting on the bench all game and the coach just called you in to hit with the bases loaded and the game on the line. Sure your heart starts beating a mile a minute, sure you feel stressed, tense, maybe even nauseous, and sure your going to feel like crap if you strike out, but if you do get that big hit, its one of the greatest sensations a person can experience. Treasure battles, for all their faults, are just one of the most exciting, intense, and unique experiences in alteil or any game out there, and they'd lose that with out the card on the line.

I have always liked a suggestion made a long time ago that the loser still get some sort of "thanks for playing, heres a copy of our home game" consolation prize, such as the recycle value of the card that was up for grabs, but I do believe that to implement any significant changes to how treasure battles work would be a fairly significant under taking, and one they aren't likely going to want to do, especially if they need the Japanese team to do it for them since I believe the English team has very little access to the source code or something like that.
The bunnies of Lavato have special abilities, like 'Action Skill: Make Carrot Disappear.'
DanTheTimid

Postby Demongod » Sat Dec 05, 2009 1:02 pm

Why not just have two cards of equal rarity? Winner gets to pick.
Nerf Elite Fencer. Change start skill to "target unit of agi 4 or higher gets AGI = 3. Then, this unit gets AGI = 4 for this turn and ATK +10"

For the great justice of the diverse meta.
Demongod

Postby Peralisc2 » Sat Dec 05, 2009 1:25 pm

what i propose is a way that more people will play in folrart, and also happier: Both people get the treasure card from a treasure battle, whether win or lose!

There could be a way to do that while keeping the initiative to win. What if you get like 1/5 or 1/3 of the treasure card ... so if you lose 3 or 5 times at a 5 star then you get that 5 star.
The system might be complicated. For example you get a shade treasure battle and lose it, so you get a shade with a 1/5 on it in your card collection (let's just call it a "1/5 shade card"), when you lose another shade treasure battle you get another "1/5 shade card".
There could even be various % of gaining, so at times you maybe gain 11/100 of a card and other times 33/50. So when you get more than 100% of a card or just 100%, then you can cash in those pieces for the full card!

Example:
You can exchange "1/100 Animus card" + "57/100 Animus card" + "2/5 Animus card" for a full Animus card.

Or they go with the old and trust-worthy point card system and give 1/10 point cards of the cards worth! But the system above looks fancier and more interesting, it gives a better feeling over all, so i would suggest that one. ^^
ImageImage
Alteil is pretty much well balanced. Sometimes you loose and sometimes the enemy wins.
Peralisc2

Postby Otonashi » Sat Dec 05, 2009 1:31 pm

I like the point cards better. >.> Because if the treasure battle is for Elena, if I lose I can use the prize to chase Animus.
Otonashi

Postby Visfarix » Sat Dec 05, 2009 1:45 pm

I was going to suggest giving a point card to the loser but the above suggestions seem way better. So why not combine them!

Demongod's suggestion of having 2 cards and letting the winner get first pick is a very good one. Letting both players receive a card makes the whole experience a little more fulfilling, and if the players don't mind, they can always bargain/talk with each other for the card they want. You could always add the option to take point cards at 1/5 or 1/10 the value of the TB card too. Heck you can even make one of the 2 cards a point card or multiple point cards depending on the rarity of the other card.

My only worry is that such a nice arrangement for TB will make the TBs much rarer or significantly decrease the possible rarity level of the TB cards to only 1 and 2 star cards.
Visfarix

Postby Demongod » Sat Dec 05, 2009 2:13 pm

I like the point card suggestion. How about this:

You either choose the card you want, or let your opponent have the choice, but receive 5 point cards.

Winner gets to choose between the two options.
Nerf Elite Fencer. Change start skill to "target unit of agi 4 or higher gets AGI = 3. Then, this unit gets AGI = 4 for this turn and ATK +10"

Demongod

Postby Ginnazoh » Sat Dec 05, 2009 3:05 pm

I like the idea of picking between point card or award card for winner, but I am not sure if I agree on the number of 5 point cards.

On one hand, the current Point Card to Card exchange rate is pretty horrible so 5 point cards arent that much, you'd need 12 TB to get a 5* and often you might end up picking the TB card.

But, 5 point card is also 12500 FM...quite a large amount.

I'd have to say we need a word from the GM about how frequent TBs are before we can decide on an amount.

But I like this idea.
Ginnazoh

Postby Demongod » Sat Dec 05, 2009 4:21 pm

I think everyone is in agreement that pt. cards are absurdly overcosted.

Demongod

Postby Otonashi » Sat Dec 05, 2009 4:28 pm

Not really. Point cards only seem expensive in relation to the amount it takes to get a 1*, or at least to me. I think the FM price for point cards is fair in terms of how much it takes to get a 5*. (Since when do six 1* = one 5*? lol). If 1* cards only costed 2 or 3 points, I think suddenly nobody would have a problem with the FM price of them. Especially with all of the giveaways like the 5 of 7 events.
Otonashi

Next

Return to Safiria's Planning Bureau