Suggestion for Treasure Battles

User suggestions to improve the game

Re: Suggestion for Treasure Battles

Postby Demongod » Sat Dec 05, 2009 4:30 pm

The events would be giveaways if they actually gave it away not made it only for the winner and a few runners up.
Nerf Elite Fencer. Change start skill to "target unit of agi 4 or higher gets AGI = 3. Then, this unit gets AGI = 4 for this turn and ATK +10"

For the great justice of the diverse meta.
Demongod

Postby Otonashi » Sat Dec 05, 2009 4:33 pm

Uh. If I recall correctly, the last 5 of 7 event gave 3 points card to all participants (Didn't they also get a free exploding spore? Or was that to all users regardless?). The grand prize was any 3* card of the winner's choice. I imagine the same thing is happening with this one.

Were you even around for the last event?

Edit: See this announcement in the news: http://alteil.com/forum/index.php?f=12& ... =viewtopic
Last edited by Otonashi on Sat Dec 05, 2009 4:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Otonashi

Postby Ginnazoh » Sat Dec 05, 2009 4:34 pm

you are correct otonashi it was for all users who met the requirement of 5 of 7, and I don't think demongod was around back then, at least he wasn't based on the registration date of his forum alias.
Ginnazoh

Postby Demongod » Sat Dec 05, 2009 5:54 pm

Nope. Was not. Sorry.
Nerf Elite Fencer. Change start skill to "target unit of agi 4 or higher gets AGI = 3. Then, this unit gets AGI = 4 for this turn and ATK +10"

Demongod

Postby Soiyeruda » Sat Dec 05, 2009 7:24 pm

@garcia: Seems pointless to give both of them the winner. That'd take the fun out of battling for it. >.>

The idea for two cards showing up is nice, but instead of rarity being the same, maybe just make them both random as well. But if one of the players decides to quit, then the remaining player will get both of the cards.

Then again, I'm not necessarily complaining about the treasure card rates, so meh. (Just got Allind from a treasure battle yesterday, infact. :S)
Soiyeruda

Postby Demongod » Sat Dec 05, 2009 7:29 pm

Allind?! Wow...lucky rat ****.

Anyhow, I don't think it'd be nice to make them of random rarities. I mean how crappy would you feel if the cards were between say, Allind and a haste soldier and you lost that one?

That'd really ruin your day, doncha think? However, if both of them were 5-star rarities, then both players would leave feeling contented.

Demongod

Postby Soiyeruda » Sat Dec 05, 2009 7:39 pm

Demongod wrote:Allind?! Wow...lucky rat ****.

Anyhow, I don't think it'd be nice to make them of random rarities. I mean how crappy would you feel if the cards were between say, Allind and a haste soldier and you lost that one?

That'd really ruin your day, doncha think? However, if both of them were 5-star rarities, then both players would leave feeling contented.

And that's the fun of it. You lost, so why should you be awarded with a 5-star card? Take your haste soldier like a man and move on! >:o

I've lost against several 3* treasure battles, which yes, is depressing, but it shows that I need to improve my skill. And in doing so, I'll increase my chances of winning more treasure battles. :S
Soiyeruda

Postby luckysvn777 » Sat Dec 05, 2009 7:47 pm

T_T

I have yet to ever get a 5* treasure battle.

Did get a 4* tb battle once for Wasseir (which i want sooo badly) but i lost it :(
luckysvn777

Postby Visfarix » Sat Dec 05, 2009 7:48 pm

Soiyeruda wrote:Then again, I'm not necessarily complaining about the treasure card rates, so meh. (Just got Allind from a treasure battle yesterday, infact. :S)

I'm sooo jealous of you

Demongod wrote:Anyhow, I don't think it'd be nice to make them of random rarities. I mean how crappy would you feel if the cards were between say, Allind and a haste soldier and you lost that one?

While I agree that 2 cards of such disparaging rarities is a very bad idea, I don't think putting up 2 cards of such high rarity in a TB isn't exactly.....good. Maybe random cards that are within 1 star rarity of each other, but not of the same rarity. After all the winner should get SOMETHING better than the loser.
Visfarix

Postby Demongod » Sat Dec 05, 2009 7:50 pm

As I suggested, the winner gets to choose between these two options:

1) Choosing a card
2) Letting his opponent choose the card, but collecting 5 point cards as well.

So if the winner chooses, his opponent gets the other card and 5 point cards. But if he lets his opponent choose because he is indifferent, then he gets 5 point cards as well.

Now I'm not sure about the 5 point card number (it could always be adjusted), but that's my idea. The "better" part would come in the fact that the winner gets the option of picking what would be the better of the two options for him.

Demongod

PreviousNext

Return to Safiria's Planning Bureau