Suggestion for Treasure Battles

User suggestions to improve the game

Re: Suggestion for Treasure Battles

Postby Peralisc2 » Sat Dec 05, 2009 8:12 pm

You are to desperate to make them add free stuff. Why don't you relax instead, take a deep breath and think a bit about how you might start to sound more convincing so your ideas will be implemented.
ImageImage
Alteil is pretty much well balanced. Sometimes you loose and sometimes the enemy wins.
Peralisc2

Postby luckysvn777 » Sat Dec 05, 2009 8:14 pm

Way too much free stuff. 5 point cards per TB? Yea.. i'd have made like 40 point cards yesterday. Way way way too much.

Eh, TB is fine, if only because I can't think of a solution that's better.. i don't like any of the ones here right now.
luckysvn777

Postby garcia1000 » Sat Dec 05, 2009 9:17 pm

why u hate the idea that both players get the card?
it is still fun to play a match
"Pixies are all level 2, right? So why not try to drop cyclone on them?"
garcia1000

Postby luckysvn777 » Sat Dec 05, 2009 9:51 pm

Cuz then its not as fun? Heated battles for cards make fun memories, win or lose.

Although some compensation would be nice, there should be a difference between winning and losing
luckysvn777

Postby Soiyeruda » Sat Dec 05, 2009 9:54 pm

garcia1000 wrote:why u hate the idea that both players get the card?

In all honesty, the suggestion itself just seems more like a "I Didn't get this rare card I coulda won from a treasure battle, so I have to complain about it." Suggestion.

They're called Treasure Battles because you battle for the card. Both players getting the card defeats the purpose, and one player may as well just forfeit so that they both get the card instantly. On the off chance that forfeiting will also forfeit the card for yourself, then one player can just do nothing while the other iczer attacks them.

It's the nature of competition. The winner should receive some kind of reward, while the loser either receives a lesser award or nothing. It's like saying gladiators from back then, that if the loser is killed, he should be brought back to life and be given the same reputation increase that the winner got. It just doesn't work. >.>
Soiyeruda

Postby garcia1000 » Sat Dec 05, 2009 11:35 pm

luckysvn777 wrote:Cuz then its not as fun? Heated battles for cards make fun memories, win or lose.

Although some compensation would be nice, there should be a difference between winning and losing

Its not fun if card battle is mage knight of regus and your crappy falkow deck runs into a shrine knight deck :dalos: :dalos: :dalos: :dalos:
garcia1000

Postby garcia1000 » Sat Dec 05, 2009 11:36 pm

Soiyeruda wrote:
garcia1000 wrote:why u hate the idea that both players get the card?

In all honesty, the suggestion itself just seems more like a "I Didn't get this rare card I coulda won from a treasure battle, so I have to complain about it." Suggestion.

They're called Treasure Battles because you battle for the card. Both players getting the card defeats the purpose, and one player may as well just forfeit so that they both get the card instantly. On the off chance that forfeiting will also forfeit the card for yourself, then one player can just do nothing while the other iczer attacks them.

It's the nature of competition. The winner should receive some kind of reward, while the loser either receives a lesser award or nothing. It's like saying gladiators from back then, that if the loser is killed, he should be brought back to life and be given the same reputation increase that the winner got. It just doesn't work. >.>

Then do u forfeit non-treasure battle 1st turn? If not then why not?
garcia1000

Postby Soiyeruda » Sun Dec 06, 2009 12:44 am

garcia1000 wrote:Then do u forfeit non-treasure battle 1st turn? If not then why not?

No, but that doesn't really have anything to do with treasure battles, does it? >.>

Treasure battles are uncommon. If you run into one and it's a card you like or a really care card, your first thought is probably "I have to get this card no matter what". By allowing both players to get the card, it just destroys the feel of a treasure battle. When you win a card from a TB, it feel great. With your proposal, I'd be a bit more pessimistic, thinking "what's the point", and just play nothing until I lost. But I'd be thinking "who cares? I got another card. :S"
Soiyeruda

Postby garcia1000 » Sun Dec 06, 2009 1:22 am

Soiyeruda wrote:
garcia1000 wrote:Then do u forfeit non-treasure battle 1st turn? If not then why not?

No, but that doesn't really have anything to do with treasure battles, does it? >.>

pls explain? I thought treasure battle is the same as normal battle except u can get a card?
And you are saying "if both people get it then there is no incentive to play, just forfeit"

what you mean is that the incentive to play a game is to get a card, right?? So why even play if there's no treasure?

sorry i think your logic is poor you can try learn logic class online
garcia1000

Postby Demongod » Sun Dec 06, 2009 1:23 am

This is why I say we have choices. Winner can opt to pick one of the two cards, or defer the choice and let his opponent pick but gain 5 point cards.

This way there's something in it for everyone.
Nerf Elite Fencer. Change start skill to "target unit of agi 4 or higher gets AGI = 3. Then, this unit gets AGI = 4 for this turn and ATK +10"

For the great justice of the diverse meta.
Demongod

PreviousNext

Return to Safiria's Planning Bureau