Let's Talk DanDan

User suggestions to improve the game

Let's Talk DanDan

Postby Pancakes » Sun Dec 06, 2009 4:18 pm

NOTE: I'm interested if Logress has any opinion on my opinion =) Also please forgive the formatting I tried to organize it but it is really hard this forum is glitched and it keeps jumping all over the place when I make edits.

Problem
DanDan costs too much and does too little. His Auto Skill Violent Pounding is a joke vs everything. Refess will be too meaty and defensive. Gowen is too
fast and powerful to wait on this auto skill to activate. Lawtia's level 5 units laugh in his face not to mention Hellsmoke. Somewhere Atsushi Kawasaki is crying because everyone neglects his awesome character he drew for us. :(

Solution
Reduce Level from 5 to level 4. Change Attack to 0.
Erase Violent Pounding. Add this trait.
[Trait] "Hot Blood Hurricane" - Whenever this unit executes an Attack action. Subtract [MaxHP - CurrentHP] directly from the HP of 2 random enemy units
in between levels 2-4.
[Trait#2] "Off the Chain" - This unit's Agi cannot be altered in any way.
[Autoskill] "Second Wind" - this unit receives HP + 15
[CloseSkill] "The Valiant Path" - This unit receives Max HP + 15. The effect is persistent.

Explaination Under my proposed alterations DanDan will be a tricky card to play. On the one hand he can attack any unit from anywhere on the
field due to his attack trait Hot Blood Hurricane. However, the trait will do no damage unless he has taken hits by tanking himself in some manner. Add
to that his ability to healhimself and you have a card that can be devestating if paired with exploding spores, ressurection grims, and various counter
skill cards, all the while requiring finess in order to play properly. He never actually uses his attack power to damage anyone but he uses the difference between his own max and current HP. The more blood he sheds the hotter he gets while rampaging. His second Trait Off the Chain forces both players deal with his unruly disobedient fighting style that listens to noone and refuses to be redirected in any shape form or fashion. His CloseSkill The Valiant Path rewards players who use DanDan as more than transition character and instead choose to revive him again and again and continue his rampage over time. Snaf is a good counter to Dan Dan.

Now there may be those who choose to manipulate his Max HP into the stratisphere. Well what prevents this from becoming overpowered is that his attack trait prevents him from damaging anything below level 2 and anything above level 4. If you find yourself in hotwater vs DanDan, use miracle fruit, EX: Prim, or normal Prim. Or simply summon a high level unit.
I can only use Bringer, BKR Jack, and returns cuz I'm a free player. It's my best shot at winning!
Pancakes

Re: Let's Talk DanDan

Postby NoFish » Sun Dec 06, 2009 5:42 pm

While I do like your idea, I think it may be better to keep to the KISS principle. Increase his attack to 30 and make his auto skill do damage: atk (heck, even just the second change would be enough!). Suddenly DanDan changes from a weak level 5, to a weak level 5 who can be buffed into being a powerhouse.
NoFish

Postby Otonashi » Sun Dec 06, 2009 6:24 pm

I think a slightly lower level would be good as well, just to differentiate him some more from Earth Dragon. Or maybe it's enough that he can enjoy Diosaur's buff?
Otonashi

Postby garcia1000 » Sun Dec 06, 2009 9:41 pm

Wow this guy looks like he sucks!! Level 5? Even at level 4 it looks weak
"Pixies are all level 2, right? So why not try to drop cyclone on them?"
garcia1000

Postby NoFish » Tue Dec 08, 2009 3:49 am

garcia1000 wrote:Wow this guy looks like he sucks!! Level 5? Even at level 4 it looks weak

True, but if I could buff his auto skill damage with EX Yuni I'd use him in an instant.
NoFish

Postby Ginnazoh » Tue Dec 22, 2009 4:32 pm

reviving this topic but i'm curious why is it that dandan's soul skill hit even ur own unit.

Riza, Arius and Addition...the equivalent soulskill to dandan all says "to two random disengaged enemy units"...whereas dandan says "to two random disengaged units"

was it meant to be like this? or is this something thats been overlooked?
Ginnazoh

Postby crimsonshade » Tue Dec 22, 2009 9:50 pm

Ginnazoh wrote:reviving this topic but i'm curious why is it that dandan's soul skill hit even ur own unit.

Riza, Arius and Addition...the equivalent soulskill to dandan all says "to two random disengaged enemy units"...whereas dandan says "to two random disengaged units"

was it meant to be like this? or is this something thats been overlooked?

No doubt this is a mistake. Another proof that Dandan sucks too much to be paid attention to. But then again, I don't think these SS are that great.

I think maybe post this at Fellana's Lab
crimsonshade

Postby Romdeau » Tue Dec 22, 2009 9:58 pm

Probably one of the worst cards in the game, right here.
Romdeau

Return to Safiria's Planning Bureau