Different method of obtaining Gran

User suggestions to improve the game

Different method of obtaining Gran

Postby Demongod » Sun Dec 06, 2009 10:56 pm

I think everyone in here agrees that MM is a chore. It's frustrating to play so long for 10 or 15 cents. And you're not even improving your skills in the meantime.

So I'm making an official thread for this:

Change the way you obtain Gran by fighting the NPCs in single player, where the amount of Gran you obtain will be equivalent to the level of the NPC you defeated. Whether this should be only once per day for the whole arena, once per day for one NPC (so you could beat each NPC once), or whichever scheme sits best with everyone, this would allow more people to play-test decks, would allow more people to gain experience and have fun.

I think this would be a massive improvement over the frustration that is MM.
Nerf Elite Fencer. Change start skill to "target unit of agi 4 or higher gets AGI = 3. Then, this unit gets AGI = 4 for this turn and ATK +10"

For the great justice of the diverse meta.
Demongod

Re: Different method of obtaining Gran

Postby garcia1000 » Sun Dec 06, 2009 11:02 pm

how about another idea u can gain 5 gran each battle you fight in folrart or crest, but only up to 4 matches per day?
encourage more player to play!!
"Pixies are all level 2, right? So why not try to drop cyclone on them?"
garcia1000

Postby Demongod » Sun Dec 06, 2009 11:03 pm

That's called weekly rankings.
Nerf Elite Fencer. Change start skill to "target unit of agi 4 or higher gets AGI = 3. Then, this unit gets AGI = 4 for this turn and ATK +10"

Demongod

Postby fargone » Mon Dec 07, 2009 2:26 am

No, it's not called weekly rankings. Weekly rankings are determined by a win/loss ratio, simply playing games is not.
GonFreeces31 wrote:
fargone wrote:I realise this is completely off topic, but Icy deserves the limelight more than others. Some of whom dominate the forums with their endless posts.

What, I make legit points too...
fargone

Postby Soiyeruda » Mon Dec 07, 2009 4:48 am

garcia1000 wrote:how about another idea u can gain 5 gran each battle you fight in folrart or crest, but only up to 4 matches per day?
encourage more player to play!!

Lol. Potentially 140 gran a week. >.>

The current system is fine, imo. The equation is ( (Wins*2 + Draws) - (Losses) ) within a week. If the number is lower than 10, then you get 10.

I believe later, they'll have a second game to collect gran on (don't expect anytime soon) so in the meantime, you'll just have to rely on a decent memory to remember about 6-8 cards. The main strategy is the associate the cards with short 1-2 syllable names, and going by rows or columns, effectively making them easier to remember. Even 3* Intermediate would go faster than Beginner 4* if you can remember at least 6 cards at a time.
Soiyeruda

Postby Demongod » Mon Dec 07, 2009 10:40 am

Okay, back on topic.

Gran from NPCs. Gran=level of dead NPC. Discuss.

I have to stop calling Gran gold.

Demongod

Postby DDrgn » Mon Dec 07, 2009 11:22 am

Too easy. I have a LOL Folrart Guardian file, that beat the level 30 one the first time the new NPC's came out. 30 Gran everyday whoohoo!

Yeah, from what I understand, the other minigame "Lavato Heroes," is in the works(the green button saying "Coming Soon" I think). MM really isn't that bad you know. It's still better than nothing, and much easier than people might think once you've got a pattern down on memorizing the cards.
( ゚ ヮ゚)b
DDrgn

Postby Demongod » Mon Dec 07, 2009 3:55 pm

Okay, so it's easy? Big deal? Would you rather prefer that we made the only reasonable way of obtaining gran through playing an extremely frustrating memory game, rather than the game itself?

What do you have against free players?

I also like Garcia's idea the more I think about it. It encourages more people, especially the free players, to actually play the game and thereby give others more of a chance to find matches. I see nothing wrong here.

Demongod

Postby luckysvn777 » Mon Dec 07, 2009 3:59 pm

I do think the weekly gran system should be changed to at the very least 2 per win, 1 per loss, as opposed to -1 per loss. That way even losses can be profitable.

Hmmm, for the NPC's, 20 gran maybe would be enough.
luckysvn777

Postby Demongod » Mon Dec 07, 2009 4:40 pm

luckysvn777 wrote:I do think the weekly gran system should be changed to at the very least 2 per win, 1 per loss, as opposed to -1 per loss. That way even losses can be profitable.

Hmmm, for the NPC's, 20 gran maybe would be enough.

So cap it at 20? That sounds good.

Also, I like the 1 per loss idea. Because honestly, if I got 1 per loss, I'd happily play more in Folrart. However, since I'm coming off of many Crest wins, I'm actually discouraged to play in Folrart.

Demongod

Next

Return to Safiria's Planning Bureau