Different method of obtaining Gran

User suggestions to improve the game

Re: Different method of obtaining Gran

Postby Demongod » Mon Dec 21, 2009 5:18 pm

Does this now hold with the fact that Crest Spy can LULZ PWN you in 3 turns through Iczer attacking?
Nerf Elite Fencer. Change start skill to "target unit of agi 4 or higher gets AGI = 3. Then, this unit gets AGI = 4 for this turn and ATK +10"

For the great justice of the diverse meta.
Demongod

Postby Otonashi » Mon Dec 21, 2009 5:33 pm

Are you going to just sit there and not play any units for those 3 turns while Crest Spy slashes away at you?
Otonashi

Postby ANIMEniac » Mon Dec 21, 2009 5:39 pm

Otonashi wrote:Are you going to just sit there and not play any units for those 3 turns while Crest Spy slashes away at you?

Quote for truth

Only problem is the big files that love open field. This is why it has been mentioned that lots of starts are going to need rework.
ANIMEniac

Postby Demongod » Mon Dec 21, 2009 6:06 pm

Annarose. Skeleton Warrior. Rats. Crest spy. Rats. Rats.

SS: Vanilla fierte.

Rush down, clear board, iczer like a madman.
Nerf Elite Fencer. Change start skill to "target unit of agi 4 or higher gets AGI = 3. Then, this unit gets AGI = 4 for this turn and ATK +10"

Demongod

Postby DanTheTimid » Mon Dec 21, 2009 6:39 pm

ANIMEniac wrote:
Otonashi wrote:Are you going to just sit there and not play any units for those 3 turns while Crest Spy slashes away at you?

Quote for truth

Only problem is the big files that love open field. This is why it has been mentioned that lots of starts are going to need rework.

Quoting a quote of a quote for extreme truth. Crest Spy is likely going to have an impact on the meta, I know its a card my old refess dragons file will have to take into account whenever I update it, but its hardly an unstoppable force that guarentees quick wins/losses. Further, if your going to lose anyway, at least trying to out last Crest Spy is a new "mini-game" you get to play, with 1 sp as a prize. I just think this idea would be a really cool way for over matched players to have a minor victory to strive for rather then the current system where if they play it out all they get is the sinking feeling of "I tryed my best but in the end it didn't really matter, why am I even still trying at all..."
The bunnies of Lavato have special abilities, like 'Action Skill: Make Carrot Disappear.'
DanTheTimid

Postby ANIMEniac » Mon Dec 21, 2009 7:01 pm

Crest Spy isn't even that rare. I don't think you really need rares to try to utilize it (you could try to use Soulblade over Anna). It takes quite the plan and set-up to use it. It is a hit or miss card.
ANIMEniac

Postby garcia1000 » Mon Dec 21, 2009 10:19 pm

DanTheTimid wrote:Further, if your going to lose anyway, at least trying to out last Crest Spy is a new "mini-game" you get to play, with 1 sp as a prize. I just think this idea would be a really cool way for over matched players to have a minor victory to strive for rather then the current system where if they play it out all they get is the sinking feeling of "I tryed my best but in the end it didn't really matter, why am I even still trying at all..."

Hah, it must suck to work difficult on Set 6 and then the main discussion on forums is still about how the business model needs changing! But I guess that's what you get when the business model is bad.

For it to work you'd have to have a large base of obsessive people! That's why this model works in Japan, where if people like something they REALLY like it..
"Pixies are all level 2, right? So why not try to drop cyclone on them?"
garcia1000

Postby Demongod » Mon Dec 21, 2009 10:53 pm

garcia1000 wrote:
DanTheTimid wrote:Further, if your going to lose anyway, at least trying to out last Crest Spy is a new "mini-game" you get to play, with 1 sp as a prize. I just think this idea would be a really cool way for over matched players to have a minor victory to strive for rather then the current system where if they play it out all they get is the sinking feeling of "I tryed my best but in the end it didn't really matter, why am I even still trying at all..."

Hah, it must suck to work difficult on Set 6 and then the main discussion on forums is still about how the business model needs changing! But I guess that's what you get when the business model is bad.

For it to work you'd have to have a large base of obsessive people! That's why this model works in Japan, where if people like something they REALLY like it..

Well so long as the business model stays the same, the topics on the forums will stay the same! What use is all the new content when so many of the players can't access it, aside from getting beaten down by it? I'm already dreading facing the new undead decks. 3 SP for a 40 HP 4 agi 30 dmg undead that gives agi (Revenant)? And I thought hell smoke was bad...wow.

Demongod

Postby icewolf33 » Tue Dec 22, 2009 3:01 am

Demongod, seems like if you are a free player you should be happy about powerful effects at common!

Personally I feel that Crest Spy will discourage people from playing Primclone and other super-rare decks, so that is good and not bad!

By the way, I am really curious to know if there is someone on US Alteil team thinking about the differences between US and Japan consumer market, like garcia points out.
I really want to recommend this game to friends. I would feel much better about doing that if things were less expensive, like tens of dollars to get most of a set, instead of hundreds!
icewolf33

Postby Demongod » Tue Dec 22, 2009 3:27 am

Who says I'm unhappy about Crest spy? He gave me quite a fit of laughter and I get a chuckle every time I think about him.

Demongod

Previous

Return to Safiria's Planning Bureau