A place to gamble your earned FM

User suggestions to improve the game

A place to gamble your earned FM

Postby Peralisc2 » Mon Dec 07, 2009 5:49 am

I would really like to see a mini game or some way (or many more ways) that allows you to gamble FM.

You can win FM after every battle, so there isn't a really big issue about gaining it so you can gamble all day just for fun. But there is no way to risk it and try to earn more!

Just gives us some mini game or some possibility to do so. I don't mean to copy a mini gamble game from somewhere, you can add anything gamblerish, but i really think every MMO where you can grind or have to grind (this is a card game MMO afterall) should offer at least 1 minor luck game where you can lose or earn something.

(Rohan has one too! :P )

This is damn often described by the GMs as a gamble game and they even say the person who had the original idea is a big fan of gamble (or at least was). There's just so much gamble to this game you have to wonder why something like this ain't there yet. Now i have to demand this to be added! Hurry up and release it yesterday! You hear?
ImageImage
Alteil is pretty much well balanced. Sometimes you loose and sometimes the enemy wins.
Peralisc2

Re: A place to gamble your earned FM

Postby luckysvn777 » Mon Dec 07, 2009 6:12 am

Doesn't matter what, but something worthwhile needs to be gotten via FM. Right now its pointless.. but its also the grindable part of Alteil, which is likely one of the main turn-offs to free players. Something useful needs to be gettable with it.

Ideas:

-Cheaper point cards. 2500 FM. Ridiculous. Nuff said

-Cards of some sort. FM lotto is a start (if its only starter cards.., otherwise it would be even better). FM packs would be cool, but me and other players like Multi have certainly discussed them a bit and they'd be tricky to implement right. Maybe beginner packs available for FM? (Heck, a beginner pack should just be given out at level 15, boost the free players before Folrart.. with that and FM lotto, they could have 4-5 decently valid files to use in Folrart. They'd survive!)

-Potions? Who uses gran for them anyway?
luckysvn777

Postby Ginnazoh » Tue Dec 08, 2009 12:09 am

if they do give out free beginner pack for level 15, I hope they do it for players who reached level 15 in the past just to be fair...
Its not much of a gran boost, 225 gran if you recycle the whole thing and i'm sure there are others like me who's spent money on this game but still missing some of those level 1s..(only 2 succubus still :() and would appreciate getting it.
Ginnazoh

Postby Peralisc2 » Tue Dec 08, 2009 4:36 am

I wasn't talking about FM lotto with low rares, ginnazoh. I suggest something like maybe an alteil-poker mini game, where the bets are FM!
ImageImage
Alteil is pretty much well balanced. Sometimes you loose and sometimes the enemy wins.
Peralisc2

Postby Ginnazoh » Tue Dec 08, 2009 9:58 am

lol yes i know pera =)

I was simply making some things that lucky said.

I really like the idea you have. maybe we could even expand it to like monthly alteil poker tournaments where you need X amount of FM to win and First place gets Y FM, 2nd place gets Z Fm, and third place gets A Fm.

The only concern I can see is that if FM lotto happens and you can recycle those cards for gran, wont this gambling become a problem?

otherwise, i'm down...a good texas hold'em game is awesome :D
Ginnazoh

Postby Peralisc2 » Tue Dec 08, 2009 2:42 pm

FM lotto gives only starter cards, so there is no problem with getting gran from FM lotto.

Just think of this as a chance to get faster point cards or faster FM cards. But there's also the chance you might gamble it away and you get nothing, except the memories of that big chunck of FM ... Q_Q
ImageImage
Peralisc2

Postby icewolf34 » Thu Dec 10, 2009 3:39 am

I came here to suggest that we should be able to buy starter decks (non-recyclable) with FM, but a starter lottery sounds good as well.
icewolf34

Postby Ginnazoh » Thu Dec 10, 2009 7:12 pm

icewolf how about just my suggestion that we give everyone all the starter cards when they start?

financially it is the same for alteil because allowing them to buy with FM = no profit, giving them all at the creation = no profit.
Ginnazoh

Postby Demongod » Thu Dec 10, 2009 11:18 pm

Just reduce point card costs to the point that you would be able to obtain your choice of a playset of 1*s within a week, playing, oh, say, five duels a day.

The problem right now is that with EX packs here, free players cannot really play the lottos or else they won't be able to afford 3 EX playsets, and considering how excellent they are, it'd be a sin for freebies to play a negative expectation lotto to roll a bunch of probably useless one-stars instead of saving for some excellent EX cards.
Nerf Elite Fencer. Change start skill to "target unit of agi 4 or higher gets AGI = 3. Then, this unit gets AGI = 4 for this turn and ATK +10"

For the great justice of the diverse meta.
Demongod

Postby Peralisc2 » Fri Dec 11, 2009 4:04 am

Ah wait you want to ask for an EX lotto that requires FM?

Even if they add that, issue is, you can't get FM too fast, so give a chance at gambling. Whatever you are saving for your FM, there is this lack of the chance, to earn or lose more, that just dosn't seem right to be there. Not for this game.
ImageImage
Peralisc2

Next

Return to Safiria's Planning Bureau