About them Partners...

User suggestions to improve the game

About them Partners...

Postby luckysvn777 » Mon Dec 07, 2009 6:14 am

Why are they not permanent? Seriously. Why?

Can I please get a GM's (or anyone elses for that matter) logic on that that?

They don't do anything... so they are essentially almost like an extension to your avi.. why not make it as such and make it permanent. It would be pretty cool I think..

Also, a side note, I remember talking to I believe DWild, and the idea was tossed out about GM Partners, potentially as temporary partners that are spoils for beating that GM in a battle (along with a card). It doesn't really do much to change the game, but i think it would be cool. Anyone think so too?
luckysvn777

Re: About them Partners...

Postby Peralisc2 » Mon Dec 07, 2009 6:27 am

Yup, an avatar extension it is.

You could consider them pets, but sure they need something else then spamming comments!! They could make it so that you gain certain card if you have X partners vs a GM. Example: A GM gives riza treasure battle, but you have magic doll as partner, so if you beat the GM you get belfyna instead.

And every partner changes the GM treasure battle to something else! Just a thought.
ImageImage
Alteil is pretty much well balanced. Sometimes you loose and sometimes the enemy wins.
Peralisc2

Postby DDrgn » Mon Dec 07, 2009 11:25 am

I still have the default Lapierre one! xD

Considering how they aren't permanent, I didn't bother. They should have a better use than just being an avatar extension.
( ゚ ヮ゚)b
DDrgn

Postby Romdeau » Mon Dec 07, 2009 5:19 pm

Not to mention that they are quite useless, and a little annoying (for me). It's just laughable that someone expects me to pay any form of currency for it.
Romdeau

Postby Demongod » Tue Dec 08, 2009 1:55 pm

Well if you want to support the game without stomping on free players, they're just one more way that you can glitz up the content without affecting the game.

IMO they're like alternate art. However, they should be unlimited.
Nerf Elite Fencer. Change start skill to "target unit of agi 4 or higher gets AGI = 3. Then, this unit gets AGI = 4 for this turn and ATK +10"

For the great justice of the diverse meta.
Demongod

Postby luckysvn777 » Tue Dec 08, 2009 2:09 pm

Hmmm, people don't really spend to support the game, or at least I don't (as good as the game is).. I spend because I want more content...spending for partners would be silly, especially if they aren't permanent
luckysvn777

Postby Zanador » Tue Dec 08, 2009 2:27 pm

If you want to spend money to support the game and make people happy, you buy treasure battle potion. Thats good for you, for your opponents, and its all perfect...

But the partners.. yeah, maybe for FM if they would be permanent, i would buy one too, since the art is cool as usual, but i dont need game tips, i dont feel lonely, and in general i dont like limited/timed things (i'd buy one just for the art if they were permanent).

Maybe if you could use the partners as a sort of reminder for yourself? Like writing notes for its speach, and it could tell you them during the battle.. I'd be glad if the Partner reminded me to use Petrification before my Song Sorc SS activates, or if it kept short notes on strategies playing orders, because i tend to make lots of small mistakes during matches.
Something must be wrong with me. I'm giving advices to someone i should kill.
Zanador

Postby Ginnazoh » Tue Dec 08, 2009 2:43 pm

I think partners would be cool if they actually kept track of notes.

Imagine if you could kept track of a certain players ss and open with a certain deck, then when your playing that player, you can use ur partner as a note book to pull up the info about that persons deck (the info you recorded urself previously)
Ginnazoh

Postby Peralisc2 » Tue Dec 08, 2009 2:48 pm

I find selling those annoying partners to be the wrong way to ask (indirectly) for game supporters ... selling plushies and such makes more sense.
ImageImage
Alteil is pretty much well balanced. Sometimes you loose and sometimes the enemy wins.
Peralisc2

Postby Demongod » Wed Dec 09, 2009 12:16 am

luckysvn777 wrote:Hmmm, people don't really spend to support the game, or at least I don't (as good as the game is).. I spend because I want more content...spending for partners would be silly, especially if they aren't permanent

Content, such as alternate art?

If by content you mean "stuff to wreck newer players with", well...I think we've been down this road quite a few times in the last two weeks.
Nerf Elite Fencer. Change start skill to "target unit of agi 4 or higher gets AGI = 3. Then, this unit gets AGI = 4 for this turn and ATK +10"

For the great justice of the diverse meta.
Demongod

Next

Return to Safiria's Planning Bureau