Access to key cards...

User suggestions to improve the game

Access to key cards...

Postby crimsonshade » Wed Dec 09, 2009 8:27 am

Again, another issue for free players I guess... but one problem is the lack of cards which form the crux of the most common folrart files. I am a low paying (EX packs!) player for about 2 months, with the usual daily 15 gran MM grind, weekly rankings, etc. But not once have I gotten the crucial assassin SS... and many possibilities of play are shut because of this (mainly small unit rush). I find it quite ridiculous being a lvl 35 with no counter to big files... can just imagine going on like this forever due to the miniscule chance of getting assassin from lotto. It's doable of course, but it sucks up half the fun from the game.

I know lotto is all about luck, but maybe they could set up a more expensive system which offers fixed card returns? (eg assassin -complete with tiny yellow/green shield on the corner- for 30 gran in shops, along with other cards.). At least for the "core" cards anyway (can't really think of anything core other than assassin... so maybe just assassin :P). I think it will greatly lessen the pain when crest players hit the wall that is folrart... at least the starter files will have some backbone in it.

Actually I think there might've been a similar system back when I first joined (the beginner's pack I believe), but I'm not too sure if they did offer the key cards as I mentioned... Would be great to see this in some form or another
crimsonshade

Re: Access to key cards...

Postby luckysvn777 » Wed Dec 09, 2009 8:29 am

I want to say wait until Christmas and the "State of Alteil" announcement the GM's were talking about... they may very well announce an FM lotto (it'll come here for sure sometime.. i think with all the complaining lately, that's the least they will be doing). While the game needs more change and the starters need more variety than just what that can give, there are going to be a very nice cards in there to get... such as Assassin or Slyph.

That should hopefully solve that problem for you ^^
luckysvn777

Postby crimsonshade » Wed Dec 09, 2009 8:55 am

I'm looking forward to the day I get assassin :D I will be on the lookout for that State of Alteil announcement

But I don't see how FM lotto would help me get assassin though (apart from giving me the chance to grind more in MM). Unless the card pool obtainable from FM lotto is limited? As above, I have been doing lotto for 2 months with terrible luck in getting the elusive assasin. I might very well end up on the same road of bad luck. I mean, I get Alphonce, but not Assassin? (sure it's a better card ultimately, but not for starters)

I really think there should be a fixed place to get these key cards 100% chance for more balance, even if prices are ridiculously jacked up
crimsonshade

Postby Peralisc2 » Wed Dec 09, 2009 10:05 am

They sure take their time with deciding on special packs offers.
ImageImage
Alteil is pretty much well balanced. Sometimes you loose and sometimes the enemy wins.
Peralisc2

Postby luckysvn777 » Wed Dec 09, 2009 10:31 am

If FM lotto is like the version from JP, its only cards that are from the starter decks. So, that means Assassin is in there and its also a greatly lower pool to work with.

Of course, this is if it works the same for us here..
luckysvn777

Postby Demongod » Wed Dec 09, 2009 11:10 am

I'd rather all the players get all the starter packs retroactively that have ever ever been handed out, as Ginnazoh suggested, along with all four beginners packs retroactively if they are level 15+.

The problem with access to key cards is that us freebies have to tough it out for the next few months if we hope to get a playset of EX5s.
Nerf Elite Fencer. Change start skill to "target unit of agi 4 or higher gets AGI = 3. Then, this unit gets AGI = 4 for this turn and ATK +10"

For the great justice of the diverse meta.
Demongod

Postby luckysvn777 » Wed Dec 09, 2009 11:58 am

FM lotto wouldn't conflict with EX cards, and i think that's just a good a solution as getting all the starters.. its not like FM has a better use yet anyway.

Also, one beginner pack is enough, as it gave quite a good number of cards.. i think that would enable more than enough variety for free players to be quite happy ^^
luckysvn777

Postby Ginnazoh » Wed Dec 09, 2009 1:16 pm

there is only 1 type of beginner pack.

They have a pool of cards and you get 45 cards from it. It is structured and random as they had a form where you get like X number grim, X number level 1 unit or something. You'll have to check out the old post about it to find out the exact structure.

Therefore having 4 of them is quite meaningless since with 4 you are practically guaranteed to get more than 3 of every card in that pack...and 4 would be giving away (2000 gran if you buy it or 900 gran when you recycle) quite an overkill
Ginnazoh

Postby crimsonshade » Wed Dec 09, 2009 3:35 pm

luckysvn777 wrote:If FM lotto is like the version from JP, its only cards that are from the starter decks. So, that means Assassin is in there and its also a greatly lower pool to work with.

Of course, this is if it works the same for us here..

Perfect ^^ much better than the 2500 FM point cards. I sure hope this gets implemented.

On the note of lottos, an EX lotto would be great as well XD 1000 gran per pull anyone?

Demongod wrote:I'd rather all the players get all the starter packs retroactively that have ever ever been handed out, as Ginnazoh suggested, along with all four beginners packs retroactively if they are level 15+.

The problem with access to key cards is that us freebies have to tough it out for the next few months if we hope to get a playset of EX5s.

Access to those key cards might just be the thing you need to stand a chance against a good percentage of files in folrart and get you more gran from weekly rankings towards EX5 grinding. Even if they sold assassin for 30 gran say it's certainly a good investment. Not that it guarantees wins but it certainly prevents curb stomping by the very EX cards that you want (Undead with EX Zuggy is rush overkill), not to mention the classics like guardian and star dragon.

Or if you're playing mid to big you would want ball of flame or cyclone. Cards like these are certainly worth grinding for IMO, unlike the lotto which could spit out any one of the useless cards in the other sphere, or a shiny cool new 5* which you will never use in your lifetime (I suppose recycling is an option, but the cycle continues). With key cards in shops free players have something to work towards which are immediately playable. Unlike the EX cards which cost mountains but ultimately fail without proper support. Extreme case: I saw EX Yuni on Gowen rush once. It just removed any agi advantage the rush units had one by one, ultimate fail. I actually wanted Yuni alive so I can kill other units easier.
crimsonshade

Postby Demongod » Wed Dec 09, 2009 3:45 pm

Ginnazoh wrote:there is only 1 type of beginner pack.

They have a pool of cards and you get 45 cards from it. It is structured and random as they had a form where you get like X number grim, X number level 1 unit or something. You'll have to check out the old post about it to find out the exact structure.

Therefore having 4 of them is quite meaningless since with 4 you are practically guaranteed to get more than 3 of every card in that pack...and 4 would be giving away (2000 gran if you buy it or 900 gran when you recycle) quite an overkill

Wasn't the beginner pack your idea? Or was it Lucky's? Either way, the point is to be able to get a playset of the cards you need to adapt to Folrart. For instance, EX Fierte with Merc + Yuni = WALL.
Nerf Elite Fencer. Change start skill to "target unit of agi 4 or higher gets AGI = 3. Then, this unit gets AGI = 4 for this turn and ATK +10"

For the great justice of the diverse meta.
Demongod

Next

Return to Safiria's Planning Bureau