Conquered Land Contest!

User suggestions to improve the game

Conquered Land Contest!

Postby Leodin » Thu Dec 10, 2009 11:58 pm

Sometimes while I play the game, I like to pretend I'm the general of the units I'm commanding battling the opposing forces of the neightboring kingdoms. What if we could take this a step further? My suggestion would be to set up a link in the front page that shows the whole world of Lavato, nothing fancy needed, just like a giant colored grid with all the four kingdoms named on each end and then everytime a Iczer duels someone of an opposing faction, the faction that loses gets a "square" in their land of the winning Iczers color. It could lead to a neat side event where at the end of each week the winning faction (the one with the most land) gets to have its color as the background of the mainpage, or even crazier events like all out wars where the first faction to obliterate all others gets a prize! Every week the conquered lands would be reset to give everyone a new slate and try to lead their favorite color to victory ;th2 .

Now, I understand there are some things to consider about this suggestion like that there are some colors used way more than others and that people might try to exploit this by switching to the winning color during an event but I have yet to think of a way to override this like make up a ratio of how much a win with X color means compared to a win by Y color or only award players who contributed to at least 2-3% of total land acquired. I dunno, I guess this would need to be worked on further.

I also dont know what the limitations to implement this would be in a Flash Player environment, I admit I'm not very knowleageble of this software so dunno how it would keep track of who wins or loses to update the map (I would suggest by color of cards in a deck, this way people who multisphere will usually have more of a color then another in it).

So that is about the gist of my suggestion, feel free to add improvements if you like it or constructive criticism as well (or you can just say it's horrible I won't take it too hard :lol: ).

Cheers!
I did it for the lulz.
Leodin

Re: Conquered Land Contest!

Postby Zigra » Fri Dec 11, 2009 10:35 am

I really like your idea , but it might be hard to be realized .
What about people who use several decks , what color do they belong to?
Same for multisphering.

The teams should be guilds , or maybe random teams changing each week or something.
Winners should get like 10 or 5 gran , or a random 1-star card of the winning color or faction .

Like : Begin of the week : You are assigned to Mercenary Nation team .
Your team wins !
You get Heirrat Mage ! Or get to choose between few 1-stars of the Mercanary Nation

Maybe , if you did the most you can get a 3-star maybe ?
(Maybe also add Factionless 'Insert Color Here' nation or something.)
(Nation with alot of high rarity cards (Abyssal Forces) Should get only a few members , but if they win they get a high rarity)
All just ideas aswell :)
Zigra

Postby Leodin » Sun Dec 13, 2009 9:43 pm

Phew, man, been away for a while with work and ended up missing the rarity up lotto. On with the topic:

I agree it might be hard to implement, it would be cool though, and would give a new depth of fun to the game.
I was thinking in the game tracking what is the most common color in a deck that is dueling and assigning the land victory to that color but I also like your idea of at the beginning of a week Iczers being assigned to any given faction and they could be joined together in a system similar to that seen in FPS games, like all factions get assigned players of similar ranks for each end of the spectrum.

Now, I would only wish more people would comment on this since it doesn't sound so interesting if it doesn't have people talking about it >.>.

Anyway, thanks for commenting and since it's the season, Happy Holydays guys!!

Cheers.
I did it for the lulz.
Leodin

Postby Soiyeruda » Mon Dec 14, 2009 2:32 am

Call it deja vu or crazy, but I think this has actually been suggested before.

The idea is cool, but for now, it's pretty unrealistic, which is probably known to most of the people here (at least on the forums).
Soiyeruda

Postby kyokaze » Mon Dec 14, 2009 4:33 am

Technically this is /somewhat/ similiar to an event Kitsunekit did long long ago. It was a tournament, weekly or every other week/few weeks. You choose 1 of the 4 spheres and can only play that sphere against your opponents in the tournament. Teams were balanced to an extent, limits put on teams if there were too many. It wasn't a 1 day tournament however. There was no meet at training. It was just a if you run into the person , you start the fight by saying your name and sphere and they'd reply the same. Then it's official you two have started a battle for that event. The winner got 2 pts the loser got 1 i think. At the end of the week, or time period i forget, there were 2 winners, by points in different manners, I forget how exactly. The thread should still be somewhere in the forums, I'll try and find it to link to you. A map was supposed to be made for the event, as the winning sphere would come that much closer to conquering a island that all 4 spheres were fighting over. The thing I found most interesting about it was the use of a story intertwined into the event itself.

Here's the link to the last one that was done, you can probably search using the name of the event to maybe find the other threads if they are still there.

http://www.alteil.com/forum/index.php?f=27&t=988&rb_v=viewtopic
We may not be the strongest but we shall fight to the end! Let us spread our wings and soar to VICTORY!
~ Twilight Angels ~
kyokaze

Postby Leodin » Tue Dec 15, 2009 6:54 pm

Wow, that past event seemed pretty cool,thanks for posting it up kyo.
I guess the game is still in a early stage to have something like this implemented but I'm glad some people have already brought it up.

Cheers!!
I did it for the lulz.
Leodin

Return to Safiria's Planning Bureau