Another suggestion to the matchmaking system

User suggestions to improve the game

Re: Another suggestion to the matchmaking system

Postby Ginnazoh » Sun Dec 13, 2009 1:39 am

i'm tempted to check out that series during my winter break...it looks quite interesting
Ginnazoh

Postby Peralisc2 » Sun Dec 13, 2009 4:48 am

They should just add the RP arena ... it's not like they can't change the RP limit over and over again until they reach the right value. It should be fine if they change it once / week.
ImageImage
Alteil is pretty much well balanced. Sometimes you loose and sometimes the enemy wins.
Peralisc2

Postby garcia1000 » Sun Dec 13, 2009 9:54 am

How about promotions which bring in a short-term boost of spending but don't help in the long term!? We can have lots of those!

(I kid, I kid)
"Pixies are all level 2, right? So why not try to drop cyclone on them?"
garcia1000

Postby NoFish » Mon Dec 14, 2009 2:51 pm

garcia1000 wrote:How about promotions which bring in a short-term boost of spending but don't help in the long term!? We can have lots of those!

(I kid, I kid)

If you have a lot of them then they become a long term thing :P
NoFish

Postby Eladin » Mon Dec 14, 2009 10:42 pm

Ginnazoh wrote:I propose we implement the Earthbound/Mother series battle system.

You know if you have an encounter with an enemy weaker than you, it auto wins the fight for you. I think we should have this in this game, where we use a formula of the differences in RP and level to calculate some value..then if that value is less than a set X the higher level player auto wins and the lower level player auto losses!

This was one of the best parts of the Mother series, rapid pace grinding :D

i hope that's a joke. because otherwise you just used an awesome game reference on a horrible suggestion.
and also a situation that absolutely can't work in a game where TWO HUMAN BEINGS are playing anyways. worked for that because you're only playing the computational machine anyways.

Demongod wrote:X counters Y counters Z counters X. Right now, if a Gowen Rush player KNOWS his opponent is playing guardian, he can't play <<GUARDIANPWNER>> and say "HA! YOU'RE F'D!" the same way a guardian player can play guardian and say "Ha! Your gowen deck is now hosed!"

lol, what's great is, as a gowen player, i already know this is wrong. i haven't lost every duel against someone who played guardian, so...really it's not the game that's broken, but your idea of the formula.

as far as the matchmaking goes, sometimes i do think the ability to at least see and decide on who you're being matched up with would be nifty...but i guess that stems from my idea that nobody should be so pathetic to sit there and hit the button then cancel until they come up to their alt, or friend, or whatever just to get exp, and that if people keep losing to others they think are more "their level" then maybe they'll just shut up and get over the fact that losses happen. some decks more naturally mold to counter certain other ones, but in the end it all depends on who plays what when, with a little dash of the ol' random to sorta equalize.
and yes, that is what randomness exists for. :P
Tactics is knowing what to do when there is something to do. Strategy is knowing what to do when there is nothing to do.
- Savielly Tartakover
Eladin

Previous

Return to Safiria's Planning Bureau