Pt card redemption values equal to recycle cost

User suggestions to improve the game

Pt card redemption values equal to recycle cost

Postby Demongod » Sun Dec 13, 2009 3:02 pm

Thanks to luckysvn777 for this idea:

In addition to cheaper point cards, I believe we need a new redemption scale. His suggestion was to have it equivalent to the cards' recycle rates.

*: 1 pt card
**: 2
***: 6
****: 30
*****: 60
Nerf Elite Fencer. Change start skill to "target unit of agi 4 or higher gets AGI = 3. Then, this unit gets AGI = 4 for this turn and ATK +10"

For the great justice of the diverse meta.
Demongod

Re: Pt card redemption values equal to recycle cost

Postby luckysvn777 » Sun Dec 13, 2009 3:05 pm

Hmm, the topic got double posted somehow o.o

I'm certainly not the one to come up with the idea, its been a long asked for discussion. I'm not the first to come up with it
luckysvn777

Postby Peralisc2 » Sun Dec 13, 2009 3:07 pm

I was repeating for a while that i want those costs too. But then ...there was a more fun suggestion by gota, second copy costs 25% less and 3rd copy 50% less.
ImageImage
Alteil is pretty much well balanced. Sometimes you loose and sometimes the enemy wins.
Peralisc2

Postby luckysvn777 » Sun Dec 13, 2009 3:18 pm

Why not implement both?

Or, with that price scheme and cheaper point cards, we don't really need that.

Actually if we take the three:

1. The 1/2/6/30/60 scheme
2. The cheaper 2nd, cheaper 3rd
3. Cheaper point cards

Any two of the three implemented should make the point card system a lot more effective.
luckysvn777

Postby Ginnazoh » Sun Dec 13, 2009 3:41 pm

I agree ...and I think we should even make all 3 implemented...albeit with the reducing point card only applying for 4 and 5 stars since the 1 2 3*s are already cheap enough at 1 2 and 6 point cards respectively.

I also realized something bizarre...my first reaction to 6 point card for 3*s was "wow so cheap...could this be too cheap?" then i realized that during events you get 5 point card from a week, and thats not even 1 3*. And it just emphasized how expensive 3*s are...and also how hard it is to get 3*s in alteil (way too hard in my opinion because I find it that 3*s are essential to making any INTERESTING decks)
Ginnazoh

Postby Multi » Sun Dec 13, 2009 4:25 pm

Peralisc2 wrote:I was repeating for a while that i want those costs too. But then ...there was a more fun suggestion by gota, second copy costs 25% less and 3rd copy 50% less.

It was my idea, gota came up with a different exchange rate, one that appealed to the GMs more that included discounts for having more than 1 copy of the card you were exchanging for.
Image Sometimes, it's like this.
Multi

Postby Peralisc2 » Sun Dec 13, 2009 4:39 pm

Oh ok fine, multi's idea. Dosn't really matter.

Besides i can say the 1st one belongs to me since i was first to argue that recycled point cards cost their gran value and that value dosn't always correspond with the recycle value of the card you can get with the same amount of point cards ...

Anyways, remember when once upon a time when pigs could fly, the GMs promised they would add point cards to treasure battles and lotto and in other interesting places?
ImageImage
Alteil is pretty much well balanced. Sometimes you loose and sometimes the enemy wins.
Peralisc2

Postby Romdeau » Sun Dec 13, 2009 4:53 pm

I think the values are a little off scale...I think all the values need to be reduced, but I'm not quite sure by how much.
Romdeau

Postby Multi » Sun Dec 13, 2009 5:18 pm

i misread what i quoted. Either way, this is an oooooooooold idea, i'd say learn to use the search function, but to be perfectly honest, our search engine sucks balls. advanced search doesn't work anymore either.
Image Sometimes, it's like this.
Multi

Postby DDrgn » Sun Dec 13, 2009 6:38 pm

For reference to Multi's idea/Gota's thread(I looked through this but never posted xD): http://www.alteil.com/forum/index.php?f ... =viewtopic

I'm all for any improvements to the Point Card System. I'd finally get the elusive third copies of many of my 1* cards, no matter which change is implemented. :)
( ゚ ヮ゚)b
DDrgn

Next

Return to Safiria's Planning Bureau