Suggestion for when Set 6 is released..

User suggestions to improve the game

Suggestion for when Set 6 is released..

Postby luckysvn777 » Mon Dec 14, 2009 6:50 am

Make. New. Starters.

Seriously, 3 sets in this type of game is far too long to go, and based on all the complaining you guys have really dropped the ball on that.

Update the starters with lots of very nice cards from set 1-6 (yes even the new one) that would give all starters a valid chance in Folrart... It might be a good idea to bring out some sort of cheap reinforcement or beginner type packs containing those essentials (sin SS, Merc, Guardian, etc) and other strong 1-2* for the free players.

And make them retroactive as well... make them free for a week perhaps?

I'd really like to see set 6 be a turnabout for Alteil.. with a nice balance of happy paying and happy free players, and new starters / beginner packs are really the way to go... I've gotten rather tired of all the complaining.

Just thought i'd make a topic about it so that the GM's get another healthy reminder about it and we can get some more community opinions as to what they should be, whether there should be one, etc.

EDIT: In retrospect, this probably should have gone to Safiria's. Feel free to move mods if you agree.
luckysvn777

Re: Suggestion for when Set 6 is released..

Postby Peralisc2 » Mon Dec 14, 2009 9:13 am

There should be some sort of new starter give away (1 damn starter) for all players or at least add FM lotto. Unless you intend to not care about free players and make them start over.
ImageImage
Alteil is pretty much well balanced. Sometimes you loose and sometimes the enemy wins.
Peralisc2

Postby luckysvn777 » Mon Dec 14, 2009 12:11 pm

Agreed.. why not have every player get another "choose your starter screen" and have that added to their library? Its not like it would affect gameplay much anyway, since the rising generation of players would have those starters anyway.
luckysvn777

Postby Logress » Mon Dec 14, 2009 2:03 pm

Yes, yes. there will be new starters.
"Scissors are overpowered. Rock is fine." -Paper
Logress

Postby luckysvn777 » Mon Dec 14, 2009 2:21 pm

Thanks for the confirmation on that Logress, I'm glad to hear it.

Any chance you could let us know what you plan to do with releasing them? I don't really care personally, but it would be great if you could make it available for free or very very low cost to the current free players, as i know a lot of them are desperately saving up for EX, and they really do need their starters updated ^^

Good to hear that we're heading in the right direction already ^^
luckysvn777

Postby Demongod » Mon Dec 14, 2009 2:53 pm

IMO all starters should be given to all players retroactively. There's nothing broken in any of them, and so long as they have the cards shielded, it's not like they can just endlessly recycle them, either.
Nerf Elite Fencer. Change start skill to "target unit of agi 4 or higher gets AGI = 3. Then, this unit gets AGI = 4 for this turn and ATK +10"

For the great justice of the diverse meta.
Demongod

Postby ANIMEniac » Mon Dec 14, 2009 4:59 pm

I like the retro idea. It would give every player a nice sample of the new set (READ: more hooks!).
ANIMEniac

Postby DDrgn » Mon Dec 14, 2009 6:08 pm

Lol, I made an alternate account 2 days ago and then I find out new starters are coming. xD

Well, I didn't pick a starter file on that account yet, and I guess I'll wait until the new ones arrive. Retro idea is good! Even if they cost a little FM, make them available to existing players too! ;th2
( ゚ ヮ゚)b
DDrgn

Postby Pancakes » Mon Dec 14, 2009 6:53 pm

Let everyone choose a new starter that would be AWESOME!!!! Wheee
I can only use Bringer, BKR Jack, and returns cuz I'm a free player. It's my best shot at winning!
Pancakes

Postby Ginnazoh » Mon Dec 14, 2009 9:45 pm

gonna advertise my own idea again but why not give all the starter/shielded cards to everyone =)

more cards, more options, more variety, more fun

also you get to make use of those "useless" lotto pulls of other colors...not to mention no more need to make a gazillion alt for new players just to test all the decks.

but again, this idea largely hinges on the sales of the starter deck and whether they alteil team can do this...although they dont have to take the starter off sales, they will be even more worthless than they already are right now..
Ginnazoh

Next

Return to Safiria's Planning Bureau