Suggestion for when Set 6 is released..

User suggestions to improve the game

Re: Suggestion for when Set 6 is released..

Postby Demongod » Tue Dec 15, 2009 3:30 pm

What kind of players buy starter sets and beginners packs anyway? Come on, that's just insulting :(.

Anyhow, it'd really be nice to be able to retroactively receive all starters, and a beginner's pack at level 15.
Nerf Elite Fencer. Change start skill to "target unit of agi 4 or higher gets AGI = 3. Then, this unit gets AGI = 4 for this turn and ATK +10"

For the great justice of the diverse meta.
Demongod

Postby Peralisc2 » Tue Dec 15, 2009 4:11 pm

I see no issue with releasing the FM lotto and making people work for the extra starter cards. :o
ImageImage
Alteil is pretty much well balanced. Sometimes you loose and sometimes the enemy wins.
Peralisc2

Postby Multi » Tue Dec 15, 2009 4:12 pm

all starters yes, free beginners pack no. People probably don't buy the starter packs for $10, they just make another account, so those are pretty pointless imo, but only the staff knows how much money they milk off of them. Beginner packs are different however, they're only 5 dollars for more cards, they contain good cards, and they're all 1*'s that you can probably get out of the lotto. $5 dollars on lotto will probably get you a similar spread, more cards, and probably a rare or two, but that's the price you pay to have your pool narrowed down a bit more. $5 dollars isn't asking much to get a head start on a game you're enjoying, but $10 for something you get for free by making another account is.

Though personally, FM lotto would make this argument somewhat pointless, and if FM lotto were implemented, then I'd be against making starter files free.
Image Sometimes, it's like this.
Multi

Postby Demongod » Tue Dec 15, 2009 4:16 pm

Personally I abhor the idea of an FM lotto for starter cards, because I'd rather they make point cards cheaper so you could actually buy them with FM to exchange them for cards of your choice. I say we shoot down the idea of FM lotto and just make point cards cheaper, and then hand out starters retroactively. Furthermore, I forget whose idea this was, but the idea of a beginner's pack at level 15 retroactively is a very good one.
Nerf Elite Fencer. Change start skill to "target unit of agi 4 or higher gets AGI = 3. Then, this unit gets AGI = 4 for this turn and ATK +10"

Demongod

Postby Peralisc2 » Tue Dec 15, 2009 4:53 pm

Making people grind for FM so they can buy starter cards means more activity in the arenas. ;)
ImageImage
Alteil is pretty much well balanced. Sometimes you loose and sometimes the enemy wins.
Peralisc2

Postby Multi » Tue Dec 15, 2009 4:58 pm

making point cards cheaper has been a topic done over 10 times probably. I know i've made 1 topic at least specifically for it and made posts in 4 or 5 other threads on it too, and multiply that by the 10 or so people who have done what I've done and you'll see that it's just not gonna happen. The staff has read it, they've gotten ideas, they've commented. It's not happening, or not happening anytime soon because it's suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuper low on their priorities. I guess because it's not a necessity. Afterall, there was enough effort put forth for ex cards, for new sets, for 5 of 7 events that required special code to be able to do the checking for them, a bunch of contests, custom avatars, judging, etc. All of these things taking at least as much effort or more as rebalancing FM point card prices, or point card exchange rates.

So, basically, I'm letting you know, it's better to just get over it and move onto other suggestions :V

On another note, bob000, never spent a single FM, level 106 or something, 111k FM, you need 125k FM for a 4*. ggs alteil, hard earned FM is still worthless, but at least we have bandaid events for easy point cards. Honestly I love the easy point cards, but like i've said many times before, giving away point cards so easily just makes FM point cards that much more worthless, and it also makes it harder and harder to change the FM point card prices, and point card exchange rates in the future. but zzz, I should take my own advice and give up on repeating what you guys already know.

So for now, FM lotto seems like a good idea, since new starters are coming out and we are up to set 6 now. When did japan impelement FM lotto and ex lotto? Aren't they at like set 12? We're at the halfway point then soon, and not only that, I might have misread but it seemed to me they have 90gran ex lotto separated by sphere, yet our's is 100gran and not separated at all. I hope ex girl merc doesn't get put into ex lotto, or if she is, she's at the same rate, I can't imagine the backlash that would occur if people got 5 of her or something instead of other ex cards.
Image Sometimes, it's like this.
Multi

Postby Demongod » Tue Dec 15, 2009 5:28 pm

Except making point cards cheaper takes all of 1 minute of coding to fix.

int pointCardCost=2500 FM;

Change to

int pointCardCost=250 FM;

Win.

Demongod

Postby fargone » Tue Dec 15, 2009 5:35 pm

Always asking for a hand out, lol. If point cards cost 250fm, I would no longer need any 5 star cards.
GonFreeces31 wrote:
fargone wrote:I realise this is completely off topic, but Icy deserves the limelight more than others. Some of whom dominate the forums with their endless posts.

What, I make legit points too...
fargone

Postby luckysvn777 » Tue Dec 15, 2009 6:41 pm

250 * 60 = 15000 FM?

You've really gotten that much FM Fargone? I know in the 10 months i've been playing, i'd probably have gotten enough for at most 6-7 5* that way.. after 10 months. I really doubt you've gotten so much more FM than me that you could make a claim like that... frankly a couple playsets of 5* after 10 months of playing isn't that much of a handout...

Just saying, if you're going to disapprove of a suggestion, you don't need to do it like that.. especially if you'll make silly exaggerations like that.. let's be friendly here.

However, it is still a bit much... but rates like maybe 500-1000 FM per point card seem feasible to me. That would be about a playset for me at that point.

That being said, I think the scheme for point cards is the better spot to improve upon. After all, the point of this is that under the current scheme, there is really no good point card price.. they'd either be laughably cheap or laughably expensive.
luckysvn777

Postby garcia1000 » Tue Dec 15, 2009 10:13 pm

Haha, this reminds me of this programmer who had a nice program for playing MtG online, but with loads of bugs and a horrible interface

He managed to make a sizable amount of his userbase ragequit, when he waited a few weeks and then announced a BIG UPDATE! Was it an urgently needed bugfix or user interface improvement? Or... a new mechanism that would let you play a .wav sound file on your opponent's computer by typing in a command?

I think it's entertaining when people have their priorities wrong!
"Pixies are all level 2, right? So why not try to drop cyclone on them?"
garcia1000

PreviousNext

Return to Safiria's Planning Bureau