Fix for PointCard System

User suggestions to improve the game

Re: Fix for PointCard System

Postby Tenkai » Mon Jan 04, 2010 2:49 pm

So can an alteil staff member give us a proper response to the topic? Or should we wait another half a year...
Tenkai

Postby luckysvn777 » Mon Jan 04, 2010 10:02 pm

Maybe they don't want to give a response because when they do, all the negative Alteil haters will jump on it and turn it against the game.. like they seem to do with everything else lately

^^
luckysvn777

Postby LoneKnight » Mon Jan 04, 2010 10:57 pm

That is assuming a negative response... which makes your post extra ironic (as you are calling people expecting a positive response negative...). Not that it needs it much to begin with.

DAMN THOSE PESKY NEGATIVE ALTEIL HATERS ALWAYS SUGGESTING STUFF AND DEFENDING THEIR IDEAS! HOW DARE THEY!

Putting this whole haters vs... defenders(?) nonsense aside, this seems to have quite a bit of community support behind it, so I'm sure it is given consideration. I wouldn't be surprised if they were working on hammering out the details or something. That said, some kind of comment, even just "we are considering it" or "we have to talk it over with the japanese staff before modifying prices" would be nice. The fact that it was not outright denied in the State of Alteil topic (like lavato heroes, for example) gives me hope.

Or maybe the fact that they didn't even mention it should make me desperate or something? Dunno lol.
LoneKnight

Postby luckysvn777 » Tue Jan 05, 2010 1:15 am

a.) I was joking.

b.) I was also implying that there are some people on here who have taken most positive improvements i've seen and turned them into negative things. You know, the kinds of people that would never be satisfied. And who would no doubt take any sort of annoucement and make it into something bad anyway.

c.) I'm not against the idea at all. In fact, i hope they are still considering it. I was just giving a joke reason (which may actually be right anyway) why they haven't responded.

So, uh, yea. Wasn't sure why the crazy all caps was needed. sheesh.

Forums need to lighten up
luckysvn777

Postby Porky » Tue Jan 05, 2010 6:57 am

But right now it just isn't worth using the point card system. I'm desperately missing a few 2 stars but no way am I going to put 20 pt cards for 1 copy, I'd rather just buy a pack a week and hope to hit it (unlikely as that is). Furthermore there is the possibility of them improving pt card conversion rates in the future which further hinders people from spending their pt cards.
"Talking to you is like having a period." -Toradora.
Porky

Postby Otonashi » Tue Jan 05, 2010 4:13 pm

Porky wrote:Furthermore there is the possibility of them improving pt card conversion rates in the future which further hinders people from spending their pt cards.

Yeah, that's partially what's stopping me from using mine up too. Right now, after cashing in FM, I'd have 128 points; Now, I COULD get two 5*s, and that would be very nice, but if they were to change the rates to, let's say for example the 1/2/6/30/60 model, I'd much rather have 21 3*'s than two 5*s. But right now, it's more like four 3*'s instead of two 5*'s. That's kind of silly.
Otonashi

Postby Multi » Wed Jan 06, 2010 3:47 pm

Neeeeever gonna happen. Though I say that with the intention of hoping that someday the staff can go "says who?", instead of a bunch of us going "i told you so."
Image Sometimes, it's like this.
Multi

Postby garcia1000 » Wed Jan 06, 2010 9:27 pm

Hey there staff!

Would it be possible to get some kind of comment, even if it was a "Haha, no way we will have cheaper FM/point card ratios or cheaper point card/cards! lol @ you guys!"
"Pixies are all level 2, right? So why not try to drop cyclone on them?"
garcia1000

Postby angelspawn » Thu Jan 07, 2010 1:15 am

Like others have said, it's a matter of balance. I think we should aim for easier access to 1~2* rares, slight increase for the 3* rares, and no easier access to 4 or 5* rares. (only a guaranteed way thru duplicating)
Just a way for newbies to complete 1~2* sets and save up for that 3* rare.

I tried to balance this concept out in the opening post. Perhaps a decrease from 2000FM to 1500FM for a pointcard would've been better, but i rather stayed on the high side... not feeling to happy seeing an overall sudden increase of overpowering units other then in beginnerdecks (that get FM bonusses in Crest).

A distribution of 1/2/6/30/60 is waaay to low imo. 1/5/20/40/60pt. for 1500FM ea. is perhaps better with the FM earning 'Napoleon' mini game coming soon +More FM rewards, like in achievements.
angelspawn

Postby luckysvn777 » Thu Jan 07, 2010 1:30 am

20 for a 3* is still a bit much. 1/5/10/30 (or 40)/60 seems better.

However, the important thing that needs to have is 1 point card for a 1*. There needs to be a way for free players to grind to fill in necessary gaps. Just that one change could increase retention greatly while not impacting sales much at all..

Well obviously that's a theory
luckysvn777

PreviousNext

Return to Safiria's Planning Bureau