Why do starters have off-color non SS cards?

User suggestions to improve the game

Postby Demongod » Fri Dec 18, 2009 9:19 pm

EG in Gowen:

Sorceror guard, eagle scout, crest regenerator knight...

I hope that in the new starters, we're not going to have such chaff cards that we can't even get rid of for some gran.
Nerf Elite Fencer. Change start skill to "target unit of agi 4 or higher gets AGI = 3. Then, this unit gets AGI = 4 for this turn and ATK +10"

For the great justice of the diverse meta.
Demongod

Re: Why do starters have off-color non SS cards?

Postby Zanador » Fri Dec 18, 2009 9:21 pm

You see, there are 2 kind of new players: one hates offcolor cards, and recycles all of them at once (well, not the starter ones, the lottery ones), and the other kind starts building multisphere deck at the moment he finds where he can edit the files.
If you dont need the off-color cards, just dont use them. Personally i hope for more, and that the new offcolor cards will be better suited for multisphereing.
Something must be wrong with me. I'm giving advices to someone i should kill.
Zanador

Postby Eji1700 » Fri Dec 18, 2009 11:56 pm

Now that we can swtich starters they might go away, but honestly they make building other color decks at least somewhat possible in a reasonable timeframe.
Eji1700

Postby ANIMEniac » Sat Dec 19, 2009 1:22 am

Allows for possible multi-sphere or used for the SS.

For example, in the first starter I had Lawtia with dolls. The 30 to row was a good effect, that happens to be on doll and Combat Monk. If i only had one color, I would lose out the chance to use the SS.
ANIMEniac

Postby Demongod » Sat Dec 19, 2009 1:43 pm

Anime, did you even read the title?

Crest regenerator knight has no SS. Nor does sorcerer guard or eagle soldier. Nor does Folrart Acolyte.

I'd throw out the regenerator knights for assassins any day, and the eagle soldiers for rapidly flying apprentices or other such useful SSs.
Nerf Elite Fencer. Change start skill to "target unit of agi 4 or higher gets AGI = 3. Then, this unit gets AGI = 4 for this turn and ATK +10"

Demongod

Postby Romdeau » Sat Dec 19, 2009 1:51 pm

My guess is to give you a glimpse at the other spheres and feel like you have a library to look at besides your starter cards when you access File.
Romdeau

Postby Demongod » Sat Dec 19, 2009 2:03 pm

And they couldn't instead have given you said glimpse with cards that have SSs?

Fail.

Demongod

Postby TLHM » Sat Dec 19, 2009 2:19 pm

to start on a deck of a different sphere. Crest regen is a pretty solid unit. once you accumulate cards, he'd be great in a lawtia deck, perhaps.

Obviously he isn't something you can use right awway, but its a great step towards a deck in another sphere, or a multisphere. perhaps you don't appreciate that, but that's why they're there.
TLHM

Postby Artist » Sat Dec 19, 2009 2:32 pm

Crest regen knight, moonlight warrior, blessed acolyte, carbuncle, combat monk, haste soldier, magic doll, these are some of the foundation units of their spheres. I think they pretty much gave out the foundation parts of the puzzle so you can expand on the other spheres much easier like zanador said. When it comes to alteil, I don't think anyone plays one sphere only because 25 card files really limit what you can use. Everyone who plays this game has more than 1 color at least. At first I went through the state of "keeping only gowen units" too, but then I got punishment hole in a treasure duel, so I thought "maybe I should try adding some lawtia multisphere. Then the amazing thing was I got proxy of soul from a treasure duel, and that officially dragged me into something else other than gowen. From there I started collecting other spheres and built my 2nd deck which was a lycan rush. Then I was interested in refess because of the buffing, and I built a guardian deck, and snaf, femiel, dub rido leviathan, all those awesome cards gave me the urge to step into falkow as well.

Without these extra cards, I never would've thought to build a multisphere lawtia/gowen deck because I'd lack the solid lawtia units, but having moonlight warrior, crest regen knight and magic doll, I was able to combine the solid defense of lawtia lvl 3s and the gowen speed and power together with punishment hole and proxy I got, and made a decent file with it all.
Artist

Postby ANIMEniac » Sat Dec 19, 2009 5:31 pm

On my old Gowen Starter account, I ended up getting lots of Lawtia type cards...
What's worse is that it got lucky with 2 Anna Rose from lotto (why isn't my main that lucky? ><)

So in a way I appreciated having those off color units that allowed me to go Lawtia if i ever felt like it or collected enough for another deck type.
ANIMEniac

Next

Return to Safiria's Planning Bureau