Why do starters have off-color non SS cards?

User suggestions to improve the game

Re: Why do starters have off-color non SS cards?

Postby Demongod » Sat Dec 19, 2009 7:26 pm

But in all honesty, why can't they be off-color SOUL SKILL cards? You know, like ASSASSIN?
Nerf Elite Fencer. Change start skill to "target unit of agi 4 or higher gets AGI = 3. Then, this unit gets AGI = 4 for this turn and ATK +10"

For the great justice of the diverse meta.
Demongod

Postby kyokaze » Sat Dec 19, 2009 7:31 pm

While its not a complete defense, if you notice all the off sphere cards are 1 stars. Assassin is a 2 star isn't? So that wouldn't work at all.
We may not be the strongest but we shall fight to the end! Let us spread our wings and soar to VICTORY!
~ Twilight Angels ~
kyokaze

Postby Romdeau » Sat Dec 19, 2009 7:36 pm

In a way, this is a suggestion I think the GMs should take a look at. As such, I have moved it to the appropriate forum. Hopefully, the updated starters will no longer continue this habit of (near) useless additional cards that come with your starter file.
Romdeau

Postby bloodsong » Sat Dec 19, 2009 10:45 pm

oh lord, don't take sorceror guard out!!!

that's my favorite newbie starter card. i was so miffed it WASNT in the falkow starter deck!!!

play kurina and sorceror guard and you got a front line with +10 defense and +10 offense. what's not to like?
bloodsong

Postby Artist » Sat Dec 19, 2009 11:49 pm

Demongod wrote:But in all honesty, why can't they be off-color SOUL SKILL cards? You know, like ASSASSIN?

Magic Doll, combat monk, moonlight warrior, carbuncle.
Artist

Postby Otonashi » Sun Dec 20, 2009 12:10 am

Artist wrote:
Demongod wrote:But in all honesty, why can't they be off-color SOUL SKILL cards? You know, like ASSASSIN?

I think he's just sore over not having Assassin.

That said, I don't know what's so bad about extra cards. It won't take as long to complete a playset of them if you start with a few already, and they aren't bad units at all either. Perhaps it encourages trying to use more than one sphere in a file once a new player feels confident in their Alteil skills to attempt a more complex file, or maybe the extra cards will fill in those last few spaces when Mr. Gowen Starter gets a few copies of Mage Knight of Regus and wants to give Falkow a whirl after seeing the same card being used against him to some success.
Otonashi

Postby Demongod » Sun Dec 20, 2009 12:47 am

Otonashi wrote:
Artist wrote:

I think he's just sore over not having Assassin.

That said, I don't know what's so bad about extra cards. It won't take as long to complete a playset of them if you start with a few already, and they aren't bad units at all either. Perhaps it encourages trying to use more than one sphere in a file once a new player feels confident in their Alteil skills to attempt a more complex file, or maybe the extra cards will fill in those last few spaces when Mr. Gowen Starter gets a few copies of Mage Knight of Regus and wants to give Falkow a whirl after seeing the same card being used against him to some success.

Ever seen crest regen. knight being used in any lawtia decks in Folrart that aren't starters? Me neither. What about eagle soldier? Very rarely. Moonlight warrior? Laff.

Come on, people.
Nerf Elite Fencer. Change start skill to "target unit of agi 4 or higher gets AGI = 3. Then, this unit gets AGI = 4 for this turn and ATK +10"

For the great justice of the diverse meta.
Demongod

Postby Otonashi » Sun Dec 20, 2009 12:54 am

Well hey, if you don't want them, go ahead and recycle them. >.>
Otonashi

Postby Zanador » Sun Dec 20, 2009 6:54 am

Demongod wrote:Ever seen crest regen. knight being used in any lawtia decks in Folrart that aren't starters? Me neither. What about eagle soldier? Very rarely. Moonlight warrior? Laff.

Come on, people.

Well, Eagle soldier is among my favorite cards. I used to include him in every falkow deck i made from set1 to set4, and only left him in set5 because i really needed the 10 def of seahunter for my SP flow. 30 range ignoring targeted damage for 1 SP.. you must have met cards like Verlaat, Lavende, Eskatia, Aegis, Song sorceress, Magic musician, and their friends.
And i have also seen a quite nice lawtia deck with EX Riza and Moonlight warrior.
I still believe that the problem with these cards is that they are really not special enough to make splashing them into another sphere'd deck worth the effort. Other spheres cant turn the time to night for Moonlight warrior, and 3 SP in a sphere to summon Eagle soldier is much harder to pull out than simply casting a firearrow, pure terror or magic bolt.
Something must be wrong with me. I'm giving advices to someone i should kill.
Zanador

Postby Peralisc2 » Sun Dec 20, 2009 7:21 am

Considering the fact that they add new starters very soon and probably also an FM lotto, this complaint shouldn't even be there.
ImageImage
Alteil is pretty much well balanced. Sometimes you loose and sometimes the enemy wins.
Peralisc2

PreviousNext

Return to Safiria's Planning Bureau