Search by artist?

User suggestions to improve the game

Search by artist?

Postby DDrgn » Mon Dec 21, 2009 6:34 pm

So yeah, I was wondering why something like this isn't there for searching through the card database. I mean, it's not like having "X cards by Y artist" are going to help you win any battles, but I thought it would be nice if there was the option to look for cards solely designed by a single artist. Like if you really enjoy one artist's card art style. :)

Yes, I could just manually go clicking through the entire cardlist, but in the long run, I don't want to do that when there are like 10 sets out, lol.

EDIT: Errr, I guess the correct term would be illustrator.
( ゚ ヮ゚)b
DDrgn

Re: Search by artist?

Postby Artist » Tue Dec 22, 2009 12:16 am

lol for a second I thought you were looking for me or something.

w/e carry on.
Artist

Postby Visfarix » Thu Jan 07, 2010 2:21 am

The threads a bit old but hasn't received much attention but...

I agree with DDrgn wholeheartedly. Someone recently made a claim that one artist seems to only draw lolis and I wanted to confirm it, but then I realized I can't search through the card list for cards drawn by particular artists/illustrators.

Even though it doesn't add much to the game, I know I would love to be able to search through the card list for cards made by a particular artist and even make files only with cards illustrated by my favorite artists just for giggles. Lord knows I frequently do this in MTG and use the MTG gatherer to find cards made by certain artists *coughRebeccaGuaycough*.
Visfarix

Postby DDrgn » Thu Jan 07, 2010 2:45 pm

Thanks Visfarix!
Hooray! At least one person out there besides me likes this idea! xD

Well, right now I suppose you could just google "alteil [illustrator's name]," but that still doesn't give you every card drawn by that one person. I know since I saw more cards by [illustrator] when I spectated some matches.

Yeah, not a "gamebreaking" idea in any way, but having another search option wouldn't be too bad, right?
( ゚ ヮ゚)b
DDrgn

Postby Romdeau » Thu Jan 07, 2010 2:56 pm

I think it'd be pretty cool to compare the art of the same artists of Alteil.
Romdeau

Postby Artist » Thu Jan 07, 2010 3:31 pm

It sounds more like a forum project than a real search engine. All people want to do is look at art by the same artist right? Why not just make a thread and post all of them there?
Artist

Postby DWildstar » Thu Jan 07, 2010 3:50 pm

Good time to mention that Lupos finally got back the easy linking for the card list, it's the [ card = ] [ / card ] tag. Just enter the number of the card and put the link text in the middle.

Like so: Bunny!
DWildstar

Postby Visfarix » Thu Jan 07, 2010 4:07 pm

Artist wrote:It sounds more like a forum project than a real search engine. All people want to do is look at art by the same artist right? Why not just make a thread and post all of them there?

But looking through the card list for each and every card by each artist just seems soooo tedious. Make the computer do it for us!
Visfarix

Postby Otonashi » Thu Jan 07, 2010 4:40 pm

I could probably whip up a .exe version of the card list on the website, but include things like search for artist. I can't be assed to add all of the individual cards and their stats though, and I don't think I'd be able to use pictures of the cards without breaking some rules somewhere.
Otonashi

Postby Peralisc2 » Thu Jan 07, 2010 8:56 pm

I also want this function (Search by artist) implemented.
ImageImage
Alteil is pretty much well balanced. Sometimes you loose and sometimes the enemy wins.
Peralisc2

Return to Safiria's Planning Bureau