Bronze, Silver, and Gold Boxes

User suggestions to improve the game

Bronze, Silver, and Gold Boxes

Postby DanTheTimid » Tue Dec 22, 2009 10:52 am

I posted about this in another topic but felt it deserved its own topic. The introduction of the Gold Box got me to thinking, the Gold box seems like a nice addition for big spenders, but it doesn't really help out the middle or low spenders, so what would help them with out giving out more gran per dollar spent (my preferred option). Some thought in the matter came to an idea, why not have 3 types of boxes instead of just the normal and the gold and make them a permanent change to the game.

Gold Box - Same as it is now, costing more then a normal box but giving much better rates on high rarity cards. Really only helps out big spenders but is a great boon for big spenders looking to complete sets of the obnoxiously hard to get high rarity cards.

Silver Box - The current normal box.

Bronze Box - Costing only 1200 gran this box is cheaper then the normal box and has drastically reduced rates for 4* and 5* cards (maybe something like one 5* and two 4*s for every 5 boxes?) . In exchange this box gives 12 packs worth of cards for the price of 8 and increased rates of both 2*s and 3*s.

The goal of the suggestion is that you still have the old boxes if you like those, you've got the gold boxes if collecting all the high rarities is a priority to you, and you've got a new bronze box if you'd rather only spend a little but be able to get complete sets of all the 1-3*s. In theory, if you spend 30 dollars for 3600 gran and buy 3 Bronze boxes, you should, most of the time, come away with a complete 3 card play set of every 1-3* card, but probably no 5*s and maybe one 4*. With even one bronze purchase you should still come away with a decent number of play sets of 1 and 2*s, maybe even a couple 3*s if your lucky, making it a nice, some what cheap, option for low spenders to go after as well.
The bunnies of Lavato have special abilities, like 'Action Skill: Make Carrot Disappear.'
DanTheTimid

Re: Bronze, Silver, and Gold Boxes

Postby Demongod » Tue Dec 22, 2009 11:10 am

1200 for 12 packs = 1200 for 60 cards, and all of low rarity.

That's 20 gran a card. Twice as much as the lotto.

Furthermore, this would only increase the gap between paid and free players.
Nerf Elite Fencer. Change start skill to "target unit of agi 4 or higher gets AGI = 3. Then, this unit gets AGI = 4 for this turn and ATK +10"

For the great justice of the diverse meta.
Demongod

Postby garcia1000 » Tue Dec 22, 2009 11:18 am

I like the concept behind this idea!
"Pixies are all level 2, right? So why not try to drop cyclone on them?"
garcia1000

Postby InigoMontoya » Tue Dec 22, 2009 11:26 am

I support this concept! ;th2
InigoMontoya

Postby DanTheTimid » Tue Dec 22, 2009 11:42 am

First off, thanks for the support Garcia and Inigo ^_^

Demongod wrote:1200 for 12 packs = 1200 for 60 cards, and all of low rarity.

That's 20 gran a card. Twice as much as the lotto.

Furthermore, this would only increase the gap between paid and free players.

I actually did that on purpose, in theory this bronze pack is giving you much better 2* and 3* rarity then the lotto (10 gran a card) but much worse 4* and 5* then a pack (30 gran a card). Thus I aimed for a sort of middle ground, 20 gran a card. If you want pure surplus of cards lotto is still a better deal, but your mostly getting 1*s, the bronze pack not only gives you much better odds of 2* and 3*s, but lets you to narrow down the pool of cards your drawing from to a single set, thus why the cost per card is a little more expensive. The bronze box doesn't obselete lotto, but then the lotto is more for free and maybe new players, where as the bronze box is aimed more for low to mid spender players.

Should the number of cards the bronze box gives be larger, I don't know, maybe, my ultimate goal is such that your getting a decent number of 1* and 2* playsets with a single bronze box, and a full playset of 1-3*s with 3 bronze boxes, so the number of cards given might need to be altered to facilitate those sort of returns. But the exact numbers aren't important right now, its the idea thats important, if the idea is accepted then the exact ideal numbers can be worked out later.

Also, would this increase the gab between paid and free players? I don't know, maybe, though 1200 gran isn't exactly impossible to get for free players, free players get that much to complete 3 card sets of EX cards all the time only in this case instead of saving all that time to get 2-5 new usable cards, they'll hopefully be getting a much larger number of playable new cards for their investment. In the end I think it could actually be a boon to free players since the lotto draws from such a huge pool of cards that getting playsets can be rather difficult and free players really should never be going after 4* or 5*s anyway.
The bunnies of Lavato have special abilities, like 'Action Skill: Make Carrot Disappear.'
DanTheTimid

Postby Demongod » Tue Dec 22, 2009 12:06 pm

And you think that there's no problem whatsoever with 4s and 5s being off limits to free players?

Is there a 1-3 star counterpart of Shin or Bringer? Of the proxies? Of Eskatia (there actually is a 1-star counterpart to Verlaat in Set 6 called Folrart standard bearer, but one dragon breath deals with him as opposed to verlaat)?
Nerf Elite Fencer. Change start skill to "target unit of agi 4 or higher gets AGI = 3. Then, this unit gets AGI = 4 for this turn and ATK +10"

For the great justice of the diverse meta.
Demongod

Postby Ginnazoh » Tue Dec 22, 2009 12:21 pm

i like this idea. you still have lotto to get ur 4 and 5*s, you still have regular packs to get 4 and 5*s...I can honestly say that I've gotten all my 5*s except 3 (those 3 were from lotto up) from packs.

I think this is an awesome idea as 1, 2 and 3*s are in my opinion more essential to build decks than those 4 and 5*s. You have 3 proxy...what can you do if you dont have the 1 and 2*s of the two required spheres to use it? You have 3 miffyre...whats the use if you dont have refess cards? Sure bringer is one of the few standalones that is really powerful but what can you do if you dont have enough cards for a gowen deck?

What dan has suggested is an easier way to get 1 2 and 3*s...and a higher cost but guaranteed way of getting a couple of rares. Granted I would love to see the comparison numbers between 3000 gran worth of packs vs Gold boxes.

My only concern is what are the purpose of the silver box? I would much rather sacrifice the slim chance of a 4 and 5* in regular pack for the higher chance of getting 3*s in bronze box or save up and go for the gold one with the guaranteed 4 and 5*.
Ginnazoh

Postby DanTheTimid » Tue Dec 22, 2009 12:47 pm

Demongod wrote:And you think that there's no problem whatsoever with 4s and 5s being off limits to free players?

Is there a 1-3 star counterpart of Shin or Bringer? Of the proxies? Of Eskatia (there actually is a 1-star counterpart to Verlaat in Set 6 called Folrart standard bearer, but one dragon breath deals with him as opposed to verlaat)?

Let me be clear, my "ideal" situation is one in which the average consumer could get everything for a reasonable price, its something I've argued for for some time, even started a strike over at one time. I've also never been opposed to other methods of revenue generation such as through ad banners so that all players, even free players, might be able to get access to a solid number of new playable cards much more quickly and easily. These ideas are already out there and have been out there for a long time, and should they ever actually get enacted, you better believe I'll be tickled pink with excitement about it.

But again, they have been out there for a LONG time, it seems very VERY likely that those sort of changes just aren't going to happen. I could keep bringing the subjects up or complaining incessantly, but that would solve nothing, they already know of the suggestions and how passionate I am about them. Instead I choose to look for alternate solutions, ones that aren't ideal, that make concessions (in this case giving up 4*s and 5*s), but that might still give me, and players like me, enough in return for making those concessions to make us happier with things then we are at present. That's what this idea is all about. Will it suck to be handicapped by not having 4*s and 5*s like the big spenders do, sure, but right now I'm handicapped by having none of the new set cards of ANY rarity because you have to spend ridiculously large amounts of money to even get playsets of low rarity cards. Thats what this suggestion hopes to fix, to let some one who is free player and saves for a bit, or some one who spends but only in amounts one would expect to spend on a game or expansion, get access to MOST of the cards in a set.

Ginnazoh wrote:i like this idea.

My only concern is what are the purpose of the silver box? I would much rather sacrifice the slim chance of a 4 and 5* in regular pack for the higher chance of getting 3*s in bronze box or save up and go for the gold one with the guaranteed 4 and 5*.

I admit I can't see myself spending on the silver box... but then I can't see myself spending on normal boxes right now either, and that's what the silver box is. But some people are spending on the normal boxes, so obviously some people do like the value the silver box provides. It also exists for those that are resistant to change, who like things as they are now. By its existence if there are people who aren't interested in the gold box or bronze box then the addition of those boxes doesn't hurt them at all, it assures that everyone is happy, or at least that no one is upset that they're preferred box disappeared.

Anyway glad to hear you like the idea overall though :D
DanTheTimid

Postby Galandros » Tue Dec 22, 2009 1:02 pm

I like the concept of the idea, having a box that focuses on the 2 and 3* rarities for the light-mid level spenders. The issue that I will point out is that with the Gold Boxes for the big spenders and the Bronze for the light-mid spenders, who exactly would buy the original "Silver" box? It essentially would be squeezed out. It would likely need to be tweaked. A bronze box would also probably be in the 9 pack range (given the 15 pack silver and 24 pack gold).
All-teal!!!!!!
Galandros

Postby Zanador » Tue Dec 22, 2009 1:21 pm

Thinking about it.. the Bronze box would be on the edge of my reach. Not exactly, hm, "friendly" option. Let me explain:
I'm a free player, and quite a rare kind of that, because i have a big enough cardpool to be able to play without getting new ones constantly. A Bronze box for 1200 gran would be quite tempting, since it could give me an all around access for a new set. However 1200/15=80, so it would take me about 80 days (well, lets say 70 with weekly allowance) to buy one.
The good thing is: since new sets arrive in every 3-4 month, if i was to prepare gran all through a set, i could start playing the new set right from the release, and i'd still have some leftover gran too.
The bad thing is: For 80 days i'd get no new card supply (except of course the occasional TB, but thats a different story), and i'd have to turn my back on the older sets too (fortunately that leftover gran could be used on packs to get some older cards too).

So i like this plan, and technically this could be also used by free players too, once they have a stable cardpool, but overall, its not a confortable option. True enough, boxes now are completly out of question for me, so i wouldnt lose anything, i'd just like to have piece of the cake too. :)
Something must be wrong with me. I'm giving advices to someone i should kill.
Zanador

Next

Return to Safiria's Planning Bureau