Bronze, Silver, and Gold Boxes

User suggestions to improve the game

Re: Bronze, Silver, and Gold Boxes

Postby Demongod » Tue Dec 22, 2009 1:25 pm

Zanador wrote:Thinking about it.. the Bronze box would be on the edge of my reach. Not exactly, hm, "friendly" option. Let me explain:
I'm a free player, and quite a rare kind of that, because i have a big enough cardpool to be able to play without getting new ones constantly. A Bronze box for 1200 gran would be quite tempting, since it could give me an all around access for a new set. However 1200/15=80, so it would take me about 80 days (well, lets say 70 with weekly allowance) to buy one.
The good thing is: since new sets arrive in every 3-4 month, if i was to prepare gran all through a set, i could start playing the new set right from the release, and i'd still have some leftover gran too.
The bad thing is: For 80 days i'd get no new card supply (except of course the occasional TB, but thats a different story), and i'd have to turn my back on the older sets too (fortunately that leftover gran could be used on packs to get some older cards too).

So i like this plan, and technically this could be also used by free players too, once they have a stable cardpool, but overall, its not a confortable option. True enough, boxes now are completly out of question for me, so i wouldnt lose anything, i'd just like to have piece of the cake too. :)

Going to QFT here.

I think the key issue isn't how to better coax money out of people who have little. Those with disposable income such as luckysvn and Inigo are here to stay and will keep spending like crazy on every new set. In the meantime, the big issue is crossing the penny gap. Most players will not spend money on a game pitched to them as free. And usually these free players are very quick to pick up on any sort of tendrils reaching for their wallet, one way or another, and then wrench it away, and then complain, or leave.

The result is never good.

For a box of 1-stars, 2-stars, and 3-stars, IMO the cost should be perhaps 20 gran greater than the total sum of the recycle value of the cards, with a guaranteed amount of 1-stars, 2-stars, and 3-stars, no more, and no less.
Nerf Elite Fencer. Change start skill to "target unit of agi 4 or higher gets AGI = 3. Then, this unit gets AGI = 4 for this turn and ATK +10"

For the great justice of the diverse meta.
Demongod

Postby Xovian » Tue Dec 22, 2009 1:42 pm

InigoMontoya wrote:I support this concept! ;th2

Ditto.
Great idea, and i hope it's one the community and the US based Alteil staff would support.
I'm Chromatic, I embody all Spheres.
Xovian

Postby Peralisc2 » Tue Dec 22, 2009 1:51 pm

Guys, check out Zanador's post before agreeing with anything.
ImageImage
Alteil is pretty much well balanced. Sometimes you loose and sometimes the enemy wins.
Peralisc2

Postby DanTheTimid » Tue Dec 22, 2009 2:04 pm

Peralisc2 wrote:Guys, check out Zanador's post before agreeing with anything.

:?: I don't quite understand, he made a good post but I don't see how it would prevent people from agreeing, in fact overall he said he liked the idea himself. The suggestion isn't aimed to help out free players, but to help out mid to low spending players. It doesn't hurt free players, in fact, as Zanador mentioned, its possible it could help them out if they patiently collect free gran. But I completely understand why, as a free player, he'd find it to not be a comfortable option cause even with the reduced price of bronze boxes it'll still take free players a heck of a long time to earned bronze boxes. But wouldn't you rather have some option then no option, cause as things stand if a free player wants to buy a box he's gotta save for at least the normal/silver box which will take about twice as long as the bronze box to save for, yet will probably give about the same amount of playsets of 1-3*s, maybe even a little less in the 3* department, and all he'll get is some extra 4*s and a 5* that he can't use for all that extra time.
The bunnies of Lavato have special abilities, like 'Action Skill: Make Carrot Disappear.'
DanTheTimid

Postby ANIMEniac » Tue Dec 22, 2009 4:16 pm

Most of the time, I see myself chasing the 3* well over the 4* or 5*. Those are more of the luxury type items. Many of the 3* I would love to build around or implement in the decks I already play. I would enjoy being able to aim for a lower rarity at a higher chance rate.

@Demongod
Please stop going to every thread and going off about your free crusade. You have your own threads for that. This thread was clearly to address new possible PAYING solutions to improve CpC. Sorry, but I just don't want to have to read or argue over your posts in every thread about your complaints on how things won't help you.

ADD EDIT:
You complain about not being able to get sets of cards that you want. Dan put forth an idea that is cost much less gran than other boxes (b/c boxes are best way to get sets of units) for better chances to earn the sets people want. Everything is going to cost some kind of Gran. You will either save up or pay out. The trick is making it practical enough free players can save for it and afford it (minus all the worries about how to save or get Gran, that is a different topic). Now what do you do? OMG IT COST MORE THAN LOTTO!?! What do you expect form pack buying compared to complete utter random with high low rarity rates? And worst, when the idea of having more sets of cards it intro'd at the cost of lower high rarity, you complain about not getting the high rarity?!
ANIMEniac

Postby NoFish » Tue Dec 22, 2009 4:57 pm

Demongod wrote:
Zanador wrote:Thinking about it.. the Bronze box would be on the edge of my reach. Not exactly, hm, "friendly" option. Let me explain:
I'm a free player, and quite a rare kind of that, because i have a big enough cardpool to be able to play without getting new ones constantly. A Bronze box for 1200 gran would be quite tempting, since it could give me an all around access for a new set. However 1200/15=80, so it would take me about 80 days (well, lets say 70 with weekly allowance) to buy one.
The good thing is: since new sets arrive in every 3-4 month, if i was to prepare gran all through a set, i could start playing the new set right from the release, and i'd still have some leftover gran too.
The bad thing is: For 80 days i'd get no new card supply (except of course the occasional TB, but thats a different story), and i'd have to turn my back on the older sets too (fortunately that leftover gran could be used on packs to get some older cards too).

So i like this plan, and technically this could be also used by free players too, once they have a stable cardpool, but overall, its not a confortable option. True enough, boxes now are completly out of question for me, so i wouldnt lose anything, i'd just like to have piece of the cake too. :)

Going to QFT here.

I think the key issue isn't how to better coax money out of people who have little. Those with disposable income such as luckysvn and Inigo are here to stay and will keep spending like crazy on every new set. In the meantime, the big issue is crossing the penny gap. Most players will not spend money on a game pitched to them as free. And usually these free players are very quick to pick up on any sort of tendrils reaching for their wallet, one way or another, and then wrench it away, and then complain, or leave.

The result is never good.

For a box of 1-stars, 2-stars, and 3-stars, IMO the cost should be perhaps 20 gran greater than the total sum of the recycle value of the cards, with a guaranteed amount of 1-stars, 2-stars, and 3-stars, no more, and no less.

No, the key issue really is how to encourage people who don't spend much or at all to spend a little more, and I think this is a great way to encourage that.
NoFish

Postby crimsonshade » Tue Dec 22, 2009 10:13 pm

Yea, creating these boxes is a good idea. Something that troubles me though is that it's a bit too cheap that Lotto will have lost all purpose. I suppose this will go away once they partition lotto into sets.

@NoFish: I'm not sure how this encourages spending. Overall, I think this is more aimed at benefiting free-low payers to be able to AVOID paying more, because of the higher benefits. Right now, lotto is not an option since card pool is huge, so they are forced to buy packs. This proposal tackles this issue, which is what DemonGod wants (so I'm not sure why he's complaining), to allow free-low payers to form playsets more easily.
crimsonshade

Postby ANIMEniac » Wed Dec 23, 2009 12:08 am

He complains b/c it's not free.
ANIMEniac

Postby Multi » Wed Dec 23, 2009 2:20 am

he complains because he openly admitted he truly believes it to be justice to steal anything and everything that can be pretty much be distributed digitally.
Image Sometimes, it's like this.
Multi

Postby DanTheTimid » Wed Dec 23, 2009 10:20 am

joshisawesum wrote:Yea, creating these boxes is a good idea. Something that troubles me though is that it's a bit too cheap that Lotto will have lost all purpose. I suppose this will go away once they partition lotto into sets.

@NoFish: I'm not sure how this encourages spending. Overall, I think this is more aimed at benefiting free-low payers to be able to AVOID paying more, because of the higher benefits. Right now, lotto is not an option since card pool is huge, so they are forced to buy packs. This proposal tackles this issue, which is what DemonGod wants (so I'm not sure why he's complaining), to allow free-low payers to form playsets more easily.

Funny, some people complaining its too cheap, some that its still too expensive, just proof you can never please everyone. The thing is, 1200 gran is a pretty significant amount of gran for a free player to put together. Its not impossible to get it, but it will probably take a couple months of saving and playing MM daily with out fail. So yeah, free players CAN take advantage of this suggestion, but its not really ideal or aimed at them (As Zanador mentioned previously).

Currently theres no way to spend a little or mid amount of money that gives you value for your money, you end up with either nothing usable at all if you spend a little, or maybe a couple playsets of 1*s, maybe a playset or two of 2*s and no playsets of 3*s or higher if you spend at mid somes of money. Regardless the result is the spender feeling like they wasted you money. Its these spenders that the bronze box targets. With the bronze box they can spend 12-30 dollars and come away with a significant number of usable cards for their investment (at least in theory). That encourages not only these people to spend to buy bronze boxs the first time, but potentially encourages them to continue to spend in the future if they're happy with the results. As a mid spender myself I can say matter of factually I was absolutely NOT happy with my past results and its why I don't spend anymore so for players like me having a spending option like this could be a tremendous boon to sales for alteil. At least that was my hope and goal when crafting this idea.
The bunnies of Lavato have special abilities, like 'Action Skill: Make Carrot Disappear.'
DanTheTimid

PreviousNext

Return to Safiria's Planning Bureau