Bronze, Silver, and Gold Boxes

User suggestions to improve the game

Re: Bronze, Silver, and Gold Boxes

Postby crimsonshade » Wed Dec 23, 2009 7:10 pm

DanTheTimid wrote:Funny, some people complaining its too cheap, some that its still too expensive, just proof you can never please everyone. The thing is, 1200 gran is a pretty significant amount of gran for a free player to put together. Its not impossible to get it, but it will probably take a couple months of saving and playing MM daily with out fail. So yeah, free players CAN take advantage of this suggestion, but its not really ideal or aimed at them (As Zanador mentioned previously).

Currently theres no way to spend a little or mid amount of money that gives you value for your money, you end up with either nothing usable at all if you spend a little, or maybe a couple playsets of 1*s, maybe a playset or two of 2*s and no playsets of 3*s or higher if you spend at mid somes of money. Regardless the result is the spender feeling like they wasted you money. Its these spenders that the bronze box targets. With the bronze box they can spend 12-30 dollars and come away with a significant number of usable cards for their investment (at least in theory). That encourages not only these people to spend to buy bronze boxs the first time, but potentially encourages them to continue to spend in the future if they're happy with the results. As a mid spender myself I can say matter of factually I was absolutely NOT happy with my past results and its why I don't spend anymore so for players like me having a spending option like this could be a tremendous boon to sales for alteil. At least that was my hope and goal when crafting this idea.

I think I got your goal all mixed up. I was looking at it from free perspective, and seeing that its no longer impossible to get playsets (unlike lotto). It actually makes being a completely free player possible, and I like it that way. I for one will try to take advantage of this possibility and not pay for gran.

And I'm not complaining at the cheapness (in fact i'm all for it XD). But it's weird that lotto will be made utterly useless. I just think they should fix up the lotto alongside implementing this idea (something like your lotto rarity up idea on the other thread). Otherwise the card lottery button is just for decoration.
crimsonshade

Postby icewolf34 » Fri Dec 25, 2009 11:58 pm

Agreed, this is a great idea!

Status quo:
Free player prays for playsets of anything.
10-20$/mo player gets sets of 1*s, prays for playsets of 2*s.

With suggestion:
Free player gets playsets of 1-2*s for every other set.
10-20$/mo player gets sets of 1-2*s for every set.

Note: 10-20$/mo is considered standard for every other paid game on the market.

True that it obsoletes lottery, but current lottery is basically only good for 1)free players who are 2)content to play with unmodded starter for 2 months until they get their first usable playset. That is a pretty small population! Everyone else should currently save for boosters or EX packs, imo, because who has the patience to do a lotto for months until you finish a set of things you can play with?
icewolf34

Postby Demongod » Sat Dec 26, 2009 12:26 am

icewolf34 wrote:Agreed, this is a great idea!

Status quo:
Free player prays for playsets of anything.
10-20$/mo player gets sets of 1*s, prays for playsets of 2*s.

With suggestion:
Free player gets playsets of 1-2*s for every other set.
10-20$/mo player gets sets of 1-2*s for every set.

Note: 10-20$/mo is considered standard for every other paid game on the market.

True that it obsoletes lottery, but current lottery is basically only good for 1)free players who are 2)content to play with unmodded starter for 2 months until they get their first usable playset. That is a pretty small population! Everyone else should currently save for boosters or EX packs, imo, because who has the patience to do a lotto for months until you finish a set of things you can play with?

This is why we need the 1/2/6/30/60 point card conversion rate and cheaper point cards and more events.
Nerf Elite Fencer. Change start skill to "target unit of agi 4 or higher gets AGI = 3. Then, this unit gets AGI = 4 for this turn and ATK +10"

For the great justice of the diverse meta.
Demongod

Postby Harion » Mon Jan 11, 2010 4:54 pm

likes this (lol, too much Facebook)
My goal is not to win, but to have fun.
But since winning is fun, I can't help but to make winning my goal.
--
Bear killing axe-man was meant to be what it's name suggests - a killer unit. Sadly, there were no bears to kill in Alteil.
Harion

Postby Eldena » Mon Jan 11, 2010 5:20 pm

I also support this great idea. I believe the this way the profit would be more and coming from those who wont be willing to spent a little after seeing posts in this forum from people claiming that they waste money on 2 regular boxes and didnt even complete a playset of ***. Free players might consider buying a small amount of gran which they would never do other wise.
Leader of: ~Kingdom Hearts~

Kingdom Hearts (lvl 3 guild) is recruiting, just pm me :D
Eldena

Previous

Return to Safiria's Planning Bureau