isnt it about time we got some guild benefits?!

User suggestions to improve the game

Re: isnt it about time we got some guild benefits?!

Postby luckysvn777 » Wed Dec 23, 2009 3:38 am

Believe it or not, I've seen just about every type of meta file lose to a modded starter or almost every kind. I've seen Refess, Gowen, and Falkow starters beat EM. Gowen and Falkow Starters beat SK and Primclone. Heck, i've even seen an unmodded (not even SS changed) Gowen Starter go toe-to-toe with an EN and lose only because of a lot of bad luck at the end. So once again, I give those examples to you and explain how they fit into your scheme.

And I'm sure that will be even more true with the new starters.

It really does come down to skill.. and a lot of players mistake their own inexperience with the game with just losing from cards. I suppose the arrogance of Crest domination can do that.

Because believe me, I can certainly tell when someone has RP from money from RP from skill. None of the top players fall into that former category.

However, I don't see what that had to do with my previous post anyway...
luckysvn777

Postby Demongod » Wed Dec 23, 2009 3:46 am

What it has to do with your previous post is that if a bunch of wealthy players pooled together, that they'd really not get that much of a benefit to begin with. If each of them can run like six different files, then whoopty doo, they get file #7.

However, it very much would help the free guys disproportionately because then one guy who's playing Gowen but has been getting the other three colors in lotto can pool together with a Refess with the same kind of bad luck and so on, and put four people all of different color in a guild and wham, suddenly no matter what kind of card is lotto'd, or what the choices are at level up, someone in the guild is going to be happy and no cards will ever be auto-recycles or wasted picks or whatnot.
Nerf Elite Fencer. Change start skill to "target unit of agi 4 or higher gets AGI = 3. Then, this unit gets AGI = 4 for this turn and ATK +10"

For the great justice of the diverse meta.
Demongod

Postby ANIMEniac » Wed Dec 23, 2009 3:46 am

Guilds DO get bigger believe it or not.

Proposal to share cards sounds good, but carry tons of red flags.
- One, you would need to stop duplications. Come on, you think that if 1 person has 3 sets of Verlaats/Eska/*whatever great 5* then all the people in guild should be able to use?
Even in CCG teams, you can only use what you got. So if one person want sot use, tough for the other person. Think about it, do you want a guild where 1 person runs Primclone, then anyone else in guild can just pick up their same file?
And if you did something about locking cards being used, could you imagine the pain of guild mates trying to get at them when they need? It won't be as simple as you think.

- Collecting cards would lose meaning.
Sure some may buy, but if there is a good source of a card pool by a big spender, why buy as much? You wouldn't need to really chase for anything aside from what he may be missing.

- The guild mule
Ok, so a guild decides, from now on, we use an account mule. This means on one account, all players can contribute their money to buy Gran and cards on it. Then one account could practically host all the guilds cards.

Ok, on to the good old Guild Wars.

I think there were some problems with the events. They way the rules worked, it either benefited very small guilds, or very large guilds depending on the ruling.

- Most points a guild gains in week was very well in the hands of larger guilds
- Points divided among members favored the small guilds made by heavy dedicated players.

It is very tricky to come up with just the right kind of event to keep the ground even for all types of guilds. Also, you don't want people trying for an easy win by forming a temp guild just for the event.

I am quite fond of the idea of added gran bonuses for being in guilds. I don't think it should be based on top rankings alone though. The benefit should be the same type across all guilds.
Of course, some *cough* may go about thinking the top will simply get stronger. Of course, those who have the means will achieve things easier. But does that mean they should be barred from it?

Would you rather have just a flat bonus instead of the opportunity to work for more?
A scaled type of reward based on points/activity will always benefit one group more than others. What you should be looking at is "how much would this help ME?"
Scale rewards encourage more people to play to gain as much as they can. And one has to accept it will be difficult to make it "fair" for all. If based on weekly points, it makes people run the usual top tier decks. If based on just number of matches, top tier decks that win fast or people who quit early will reap the benefits. As you can see, it's not going to be great for everyone. In the shoes of someone planning this, I would have to choose going with the most "honest" way to earn points, and that will be through wins.
ANIMEniac

Postby garcia1000 » Wed Dec 23, 2009 3:50 am

Guild gran/point card/FM bonus: ;th2
Guild "card pool" idea: ;th2
"Pixies are all level 2, right? So why not try to drop cyclone on them?"
garcia1000

Postby Demongod » Wed Dec 23, 2009 3:53 am

Animeniac, in the same way that pro tour teams have a bunch of super-powered decks but only one deck can be used by one player at a time, it doesn't matter if Joe or Bob or John or Richard or Tom or Harry is running that ravager affinity or twinked blue green madness or whatnot.

So yes, I do think that any one of the other five people in the guild should be able to use the Eski/Verlaat/whatever, but only one person at a time.

How that would work would largely depend on communication between players.

As for your concern over one player being the buyer and holding along five moochers: let's go over the scenario.

1) Heavy spender joins a guild. Rest of guild mooches off of him.
Solution: heavy spender leaves guild.

2) Heavy spender forms a guild. Moochers join.
Solution: kick out moochers from the guild.

As for "account mule", what difference would it make if that one account had all the cards, or six different players had it, but were all able to use some of them? Once again, guild card collection, the same way that Pro Tour teams in M:tG have a card pool in order to test strategies, twink decks, and so on.

As for the guild bonus, I just think every guild should receive a total amount of gran every week equal to the total amount of duels played by its members past turn 10. This simply rewards activity, which is what I think we should be trying to encourage. Rewarding some sort of winning metric would be nice, except for the fact that others have access to much better decks by virtue of being around longer/paying/etc.

Edit: apparently Richard's shortened name is censored.

Scunthorpe problem much, Alteil?
Nerf Elite Fencer. Change start skill to "target unit of agi 4 or higher gets AGI = 3. Then, this unit gets AGI = 4 for this turn and ATK +10"

For the great justice of the diverse meta.
Demongod

Postby Peralisc2 » Wed Dec 23, 2009 5:31 am

Why did you drag this into a "guildies share all cards" kind of conversation. Be realistical. They won't add that since they want to make people pay up ...

Anyway, if this game was completely free the "guildies share all cards" idea still ain't a good one imo.It's a better better game concept to do something to gain those cards and i find it more than ok if being in a guild gives not more than (3 copies of) 1 extra card for each guild level. That dosn't turn the game upside down all of a sudden.
ImageImage
Alteil is pretty much well balanced. Sometimes you loose and sometimes the enemy wins.
Peralisc2

Postby surignum » Wed Dec 30, 2009 9:03 pm

i love all the feedback! this is how things get accomplished...we argue them out, and the gms see it, and seeing as how weve argued it out to the best possible options, they can just incorporate it, cause we did all the work :P
*It descends from heaven:Yet it unleashes hell*
surignum

Postby Gota » Thu Dec 31, 2009 6:15 am

Card pool wont happen because it does not encourage more spending, it encourages less spending.

Player 1 needs verlaat, and has eskatia
Player 2 needs eskatia, and has verlaat

Result, both stop buying cards from set1, because they got the card they need from guild pool, thus less spending, thus less profit for alteil.

Simple to see that it will not happen.

We can't even get them to stop giving us 4x+ copies, theres absolutely no way that this would fly.
Logress wrote:Gota: I just looked at your lottery logs... I officially declare you the most unlucky man on earth.
Gota

Postby Peralisc2 » Thu Dec 31, 2009 5:55 pm

Result, both stop buying cards from set1, because they got the card they need from guild pool, thus less spending, thus less profit for alteil.

Simple to see that it will not happen.

Thus players move on to a CCG where it does happen.
ImageImage
Alteil is pretty much well balanced. Sometimes you loose and sometimes the enemy wins.
Peralisc2

Postby luckysvn777 » Thu Dec 31, 2009 6:03 pm

You know Peral, i've tried to hold my tongue for a while, but just about half the comments you've made in the past month or so are just little bashes to Alteil and how everyone should just move on (the rest are too stupid to really count for anything).

So, exactly why are you here posting your negativity and not moving on to a different CCG yourself? We certainly do not appreciate it at all. So please try to actually hold your own stupid negativity inside and actually try to contribute for once. Thanks.
luckysvn777

PreviousNext

Return to Safiria's Planning Bureau