SMASHER Lotto!

User suggestions to improve the game

SMASHER Lotto!

Postby garcia1000 » Tue Dec 22, 2009 11:33 pm

Ok here is the latest invention from super genius garcia1000!

One problem for free and low-paying people is that we can't get triples of cards. Most attempts to solve this have been unsuccessful so far. Here is a revolutionary idea that promises to change the face of warfare!

So here's normal lotto:

1) Determine rarity.
2) Choose card.

So for example maybe it would determine first that you have a 1-rarity card. Then in step 2 it determines you got: Harpy!

Here is SMASHER lotto:

1) Determine rarity.
2) See if player has 1 copy or 2 copies of cards with such rarity.
3) If no, choose card as in regular lotto.
4) If yes, choose card randomly from those within the 1 copy/2 copy pool.

This is a brilliant idea because first of all, there's none of the "But then you'll get 5-stars easily!" No way! Because first it determines rarity, so yeah you'll probably still get loads of 1-stars, suckers!

Secondly, it means we get playable cards, instead of single copies of Giant Ancient Tortoise! Everyone is happy.

If you really really wanted three copies of some card, you could recycle all the other cards of the same rarity.

Anyway, this SMASHER lotto would have to cost more gran, of course.

Do you guys think this is a great idea, or the greatest idea?

Also, how much programming would it require?
"Pixies are all level 2, right? So why not try to drop cyclone on them?"
garcia1000

Re: SMASHER Lotto!

Postby Demongod » Wed Dec 23, 2009 1:38 am

Interesting.

In other words:

*Determine random rarity from among player's collection*
*Spit out card which is what said player already has one or two of*

So let me get this straight:

The only rarities you can obtain are rarities which you already possess, in the form of cards you only have one or two copies of.

Edit: reread your idea. Bah. Wasn't anywhere near as good as I thought it was.

Disagree then. What's the use of paying more for this if it determines rarity ahead of time? If it determined rarity from only cards you had, that'd be different.
Nerf Elite Fencer. Change start skill to "target unit of agi 4 or higher gets AGI = 3. Then, this unit gets AGI = 4 for this turn and ATK +10"

For the great justice of the diverse meta.
Demongod

Postby MTCosta » Wed Dec 23, 2009 1:49 am

Rarity is determined ahead of time so that Smasher rarity rates are the same as normal lotto. Sorry that the lottery will still be a negative sum game or whatever!

This lotto is good because you are guaranteed to get something you can use immediately, as opposed to random junk.
MTCosta

Postby Demongod » Wed Dec 23, 2009 1:52 am

What if you want to complete a playset of a five-star or a four-star though? Oops, looks like you're SOL.
Nerf Elite Fencer. Change start skill to "target unit of agi 4 or higher gets AGI = 3. Then, this unit gets AGI = 4 for this turn and ATK +10"

For the great justice of the diverse meta.
Demongod

Postby ANIMEniac » Wed Dec 23, 2009 2:57 am

So it should be easy to get 4-5* cards from a cheap lotto?

ANIMEniac

Postby garcia1000 » Wed Dec 23, 2009 3:38 am

garcia1000 wrote:This is a brilliant idea because first of all, there's none of the "But then you'll get 5-stars easily!" No way! Because first it determines rarity, so yeah you'll probably still get loads of 1-stars, suckers!

The purpose isn't for people to get 4* or 5* easily as I mentioned!
"Pixies are all level 2, right? So why not try to drop cyclone on them?"
garcia1000

Postby luckysvn777 » Wed Dec 23, 2009 3:43 am

Hulk SMASH?

I actually do approve of this idea though. It would be rather nice overall.. and an actually feasible partial solution to the "triple copies" problem. Good job!
luckysvn777

Postby Soiyeruda » Wed Dec 23, 2009 3:48 am

Maybe not totally guaranteed to get another copy. Just an increased chance (say like 30-70% or something). This way, it can still feel random, but you'll still be slowly gaining playsets of at least the lower rarity cards.
Soiyeruda

Postby neviscus » Wed Dec 23, 2009 3:50 am

I approve!
neviscus

Postby ANIMEniac » Wed Dec 23, 2009 3:57 am

garcia1000 wrote:
garcia1000 wrote:This is a brilliant idea because first of all, there's none of the "But then you'll get 5-stars easily!" No way! Because first it determines rarity, so yeah you'll probably still get loads of 1-stars, suckers!

The purpose isn't for people to get 4* or 5* easily as I mentioned!

This was more directed at Demon thinking the rarity should be determined after looking at your file.

What would prevent me from not having low rarities i need in my deck so i can auto get a 4-5*? That is what my comment was about.
ANIMEniac

Next

Return to Safiria's Planning Bureau