SMASHER Lotto!

User suggestions to improve the game

Re: SMASHER Lotto!

Postby garcia1000 » Wed Dec 23, 2009 4:07 am

garcia1000 wrote:1) Determine rarity.
2) See if player has 1 copy or 2 copies of cards with such rarity.
3) If no, choose card as in regular lotto.
4) If yes, choose card randomly from those within the 1 copy/2 copy pool.

Step 3. If you don't have them, it chooses a card randomly.
"Pixies are all level 2, right? So why not try to drop cyclone on them?"
garcia1000

Postby crimsonshade » Wed Dec 23, 2009 6:13 am

Great idea Garcia! Finally a form of lotto which will actually be of some use!

Also, I think Animeniac was against DemonGod's idea, not yours. It would be weird if rares were easily accessible in lotto *shiver*
crimsonshade

Postby NoFish » Wed Dec 23, 2009 6:46 am

This is an excellent idea, and I think it's been brought up before. I for one would pay as much as 50g for the same rates if it were like this.
NoFish

Postby lupos » Wed Dec 23, 2009 12:15 pm

NoFish wrote:This is an excellent idea, and I think it's been brought up before. I for one would pay as much as 50g for the same rates if it were like this.

I know we spent a lot of time without a working search in the forum but it works now. I do enjoy this idea and it's one of many we have discussed in the office so don't get me wrong, but it has been brought up before. More than once I believe.
lupos
Site Admin

Postby garcia1000 » Wed Dec 23, 2009 12:18 pm

Is there any obstacle to it? If so is it the programming, bureaucracy, or poops? It's usually one of those three.
garcia1000

Postby lupos » Wed Dec 23, 2009 12:26 pm

um, well programing is an issue yes. Beyond that just an awful lot of math, testing to see how it would actually affect things and if we really think its a good idea... a lot of time and effort convincing JP it's a good idea.
lupos
Site Admin

Postby garcia1000 » Wed Dec 23, 2009 12:40 pm

Haha, a combination of all three!
garcia1000

Postby DanTheTimid » Wed Dec 23, 2009 12:41 pm

Yeah it has been brought up before, but to be fair I'm not sure how you'd go about doing a search on an idea like this to see if it had been brought up, just searching all topics about the lotto?

Anyway some of the similar past suggestions had nagging areas to them I didn't like, but this version of the idea just seems solid all around so I'm completely in support of it. You could even take the suggestion a step further and add a new step between 2 and 3 where in the lotto then checks if theres any cards in that rarity you have 0 copies of and randomly gives you one of those if they exist. In essence the only way the lotto would give you a card you already had 3 copies of was because you had 3 copies of EVERY card in that rarity already. Basically you'd used the normal cheap lotto to build up your collection of 1*s, then finish it off with the smasher lotto once you reach a point where your recycling so often the cheap lotto is actually more expensive to get new cards then the smasher lotto would be.

But yeah, the math and testing would be a real pain to get things just right. It really comes to deciding at what point do you want the smaher lotto to be a better deal then the normal lotto, cause even assuming the smasher does cost more, aside from helping new players get early playsets in exchange for less cards, it could also make things dramatically cheaper on players with large collections of 1*s just looking to complete their collections. I'm all for making things cheaper (I've made no secret of my opinion that this game is way too expensive in its current state) but JP seems to have shown resistance in the past to ideas that potentially would make the game cheaper.
The bunnies of Lavato have special abilities, like 'Action Skill: Make Carrot Disappear.'
DanTheTimid

Postby Artist » Wed Dec 23, 2009 12:49 pm

lupos wrote:um, well programing is an issue yes. Beyond that just an awful lot of math, testing to see how it would actually affect things and if we really think its a good idea... a lot of time and effort convincing JP it's a good idea.

A good idea would be that you implement this for a week only like an event, and make it 20 gran or something. This way I'm sure you guys will do some serious cashing in for that week, and it will also keep all the players happy without doing long term effects to the income.
Artist

Postby DanTheTimid » Wed Dec 23, 2009 1:04 pm

Artist wrote:
lupos wrote:um, well programing is an issue yes. Beyond that just an awful lot of math, testing to see how it would actually affect things and if we really think its a good idea... a lot of time and effort convincing JP it's a good idea.

A good idea would be that you implement this for a week only like an event, and make it 20 gran or something. This way I'm sure you guys will do some serious cashing in for that week, and it will also keep all the players happy without doing long term effects to the income.

The thing is that's an awful lot of time and work invested just for a week long event. And the amount of extra profits it would bring in are a bit unclear. I think thats probably the biggest deterrent to this idea right now, its clear how difficult and time consuming it'd be to implement, but its not clear just how much good it would do for the trouble.

Again, I'm all for the idea, heck I'll offer my services to help program it if they'll let me, and do it at no cost, but realisticly I don't think they could just let some one like me help on something like that, they'll have to dedicate either their own team members, or the JP members, and in either case its creating a lot of extra work for people who I'm betting already have a lot of work projects on their plate. When you can only do so much you have to decide what is and isn't most worth your time. Maybe this is worth their time, maybe it isn't, of course it'd be easier to determine such if we knew what is already on their plates (which hopefully we will learn come the state of the game annoucement), but with out knowing that all we as outsiders can do is provide the ideas and show support for them.
The bunnies of Lavato have special abilities, like 'Action Skill: Make Carrot Disappear.'
DanTheTimid

PreviousNext

Return to Safiria's Planning Bureau