SMASHER Lotto!

User suggestions to improve the game

Re: SMASHER Lotto!

Postby MTCosta » Wed Dec 23, 2009 4:23 pm

This is intended to be a long term solution to the free player problems (well part of the solution), so a week long event isn't worth it.
MTCosta

Postby neviscus » Wed Dec 23, 2009 4:27 pm

I think having it around as long as the beginner's pack would be good, just to get a puplic opinion on it, and for the gm's to do there study on it, I hope it would become permenent though in the future
neviscus

Postby Demongod » Wed Dec 23, 2009 4:28 pm

Frankly IMO it shouldn't cost any more than the regular lotto if it determines rarity ahead of time. Because otherwise, this thing would simply be a gran burner because somebody's impatient, unless Alteil really does plan on continuing to release faster than players can accumulate at 15 gran per day.
Nerf Elite Fencer. Change start skill to "target unit of agi 4 or higher gets AGI = 3. Then, this unit gets AGI = 4 for this turn and ATK +10"

For the great justice of the diverse meta.
Demongod

Postby crimsonshade » Wed Dec 23, 2009 6:16 pm

Demongod wrote:Frankly IMO it shouldn't cost any more than the regular lotto if it determines rarity ahead of time. Because otherwise, this thing would simply be a gran burner because somebody's impatient, unless Alteil really does plan on continuing to release faster than players can accumulate at 15 gran per day.

The main issue with lotto is the large variety of 1 copies of 1-2* it gives you (spanning over 6 sets!), which is why packs are an obvious choice over it. It's not about the rarity, but the fact that free players don't even get to use what small amount of cards they manage to scrape up from lotto (not for a loooong while). I for one would like my 2nd and 3rd copies of Heierrat Army over 1 copy each of Dryad Soldier and Water Dragon, and would gladly pay 40-50 gran for it for a workable Merc Nation file. This would solve this, as well as the issue of auto-recycles (well for free players only ^^ which is the good part)
crimsonshade

Postby Demongod » Wed Dec 23, 2009 6:33 pm

The best solution would simply be allow players to restrict color and expansion, and we're set. There are still plenty of cards that the lotto can randomize through, but this time, at least players would get a better chance to actually put together a playset of, well, just about anything.
Nerf Elite Fencer. Change start skill to "target unit of agi 4 or higher gets AGI = 3. Then, this unit gets AGI = 4 for this turn and ATK +10"

Demongod

Postby crimsonshade » Wed Dec 23, 2009 6:38 pm

Demongod wrote:The best solution would simply be allow players to restrict color and expansion, and we're set. There are still plenty of cards that the lotto can randomize through, but this time, at least players would get a better chance to actually put together a playset of, well, just about anything.

You mean more restrictive than packs but cheaper? I like that idea, but Alteil would go bankrupt. I suppose if you restrict level as well (to 1*? XD) it would be workable. At least we'd get Merc, Guardian, etc.
crimsonshade

Postby Demongod » Wed Dec 23, 2009 7:11 pm

Frankly, I still think that packs are simply priced at that because they were priced at 150 back when Lotto was 30. So now I think there's a price discrepancy there.

As for 4-stars and 5-stars, the chance for those rares would be the same, so I don't really see the issue.

Demongod

Postby Romdeau » Wed Dec 23, 2009 7:21 pm

We've been told several times that packs have a significantly higher rarity distribuition than the 10 g lotto, hence the justification for a higher price. Makes sense to me, 9/10 times the 10g lotto without rarity up gives me 1 stars and usually the exception is a 2 star. I've stopped using it for a while because I have almost all of the 1 stars in the game.
Romdeau

Postby crimsonshade » Wed Dec 23, 2009 7:38 pm

Demongod wrote:Frankly, I still think that packs are simply priced at that because they were priced at 150 back when Lotto was 30. So now I think there's a price discrepancy there.

As for 4-stars and 5-stars, the chance for those rares would be the same, so I don't really see the issue.

I think the price discrepancy comes from the bigger card pool (which is why they changed lotto prices).

And wait, I think I misinterpreted your suggestion as restricting lotto to a particular colour AND a particular expansion at the same time. I would agree more if you are suggesting something like partitioning into 2 colours and maybe 3 expansions as a card pool per lotto.

With 1 colour and 1 expansion lotto, you are doing lotto on 15 cards. Which is why I said to restrict it to lvl 1 only, since then it will be really cheap to get specific 2-3* per set. Much cheaper than packs at least.
crimsonshade

Postby Demongod » Wed Dec 23, 2009 7:41 pm

Hmmm...you're right. I guess it'd be nice to restrict it to 2-3 expansions and 2 colors.

Demongod

Previous

Return to Safiria's Planning Bureau