Suggestion to entice paying

User suggestions to improve the game

Suggestion to entice paying

Postby Demongod » Wed Dec 23, 2009 2:30 pm

So this idea sort of hit me because I saw that InigoMontoya still didn't have all of set 6 after dropping some unholy amount of cash for it.

It's simple:

Every X gran you spend, you get a free point card. I know that the current exchange rates are pretty much bupkus because there is no way in hell that a one-star should be one-sixth as expensive as a five-star. However, I was thinking that if someone drops some crazy amount of money on new gold boxes or whatnot, that they be given enough point cards to fill in the gaps just so that there's no "I spent $XYZ amount on this game and still got ABC instance of bad luck!". With the point cards, people would be able to get a few extra cards to fill in the spaces.

Right now, I'm thinking that maybe X should be between 20-40 gran spent equals a free point card, but I can realistically see this value also set as high as 100.

For free players, this would also be beneficial over time as they accumulate point cards to get perhaps that third copy of Dalos or Kurina, or maybe spend it on some staple one-stars such as ball of lame, sea serpent (you can be sure it'll become a staple), and so on.

Now while I don't know exactly how the math works out since I have no data, I'm pretty sure that this would really be helpful to people like Inigo, Xovian, Luckysvn777, and other such kinds. In the meantime, for freebies, we'd still be able to at least organically grow our files a little quicker by simply remaining active.

What's everyone think?
Nerf Elite Fencer. Change start skill to "target unit of agi 4 or higher gets AGI = 3. Then, this unit gets AGI = 4 for this turn and ATK +10"

For the great justice of the diverse meta.
Demongod

Re: Suggestion to entice paying

Postby neviscus » Wed Dec 23, 2009 2:35 pm

do you mean at once, or over time, like do you need to pay the 20 at once? (use 20 for lack of a sure number)
neviscus

Postby Romdeau » Wed Dec 23, 2009 2:41 pm

This has been brought up before, back when there was much rage as to how to get paying players more bang for their buck. I'm not sure about the GM response, but I know it is widely supported amongst paying players in general.
Romdeau

Postby DanTheTimid » Wed Dec 23, 2009 2:50 pm

Romdeau wrote:This has been brought up before, back when there was much rage as to how to get paying players more bang for their buck. I'm not sure about the GM response, but I know it is widely supported amongst paying players in general.

You make it sound like the rage went away :x perhaps I need to throw more "RAWR DAN SMASH... if cost per content rate isn't improved..." into my posts?

But seriously though, QFT, never heard any sort of GM response to the suggestion but its an old one that was pretty widely supported, just never commented or acted on by anyone able to do anything about it.
The bunnies of Lavato have special abilities, like 'Action Skill: Make Carrot Disappear.'
DanTheTimid

Postby Demongod » Wed Dec 23, 2009 3:00 pm

neviscus wrote:do you mean at once, or over time, like do you need to pay the 20 at once? (use 20 for lack of a sure number)

Over time...

EG let's call our number 30.

I spend 15 two days in a row. I get a point card.

Essentially:

granCounter=0;
granCounter+=player.spent();
if(granCounter>=30)
{
award(pointCard);
granCounter-=30;
}

Something like that...
Nerf Elite Fencer. Change start skill to "target unit of agi 4 or higher gets AGI = 3. Then, this unit gets AGI = 4 for this turn and ATK +10"

Demongod

Postby neviscus » Wed Dec 23, 2009 3:56 pm

ok, I was hoping it was like that. Anyway at least the gm's know we still want something like this
neviscus

Postby luckysvn777 » Wed Dec 23, 2009 5:29 pm

Hm, i'd rather just see the point card system reworked first, but any Cost per Content improvement would be good on our end... its just about finding the balance on the business end as well.
luckysvn777

Postby crimsonshade » Wed Dec 23, 2009 6:08 pm

This would've been good at the Lotto event T_T

I think it's a great idea as well, just finding the right balance as Lucky said. With the tradeoff being 20-40 though, people like Inigo who spent something like 36000 gran would get 900-1800 Point Cards, that's ignoring recycles, enough to get a large chunk of rares of previous sets. This amounts to a choice of 5* being less than 1200-2400 gran, much less than its cost on Gold Boxes (and even then it's random). It should certainly be at least 100 gran to a Point Card. It would be good to see this system implemented along with the reworking of Point Card system.
crimsonshade

Postby Demongod » Wed Dec 23, 2009 6:31 pm

luckysvn777 wrote:Hm, i'd rather just see the point card system reworked first, but any Cost per Content improvement would be good on our end... its just about finding the balance on the business end as well.

So would I, actually. I happen to like your idea much more than this. Also I would like a point card FM price decrease. 2500 FM?! Seriously?

Demongod

Postby neviscus » Wed Dec 23, 2009 6:49 pm

I do too, Its kind of a matter of making small solutions till the big problem is solved
neviscus

Next

Return to Safiria's Planning Bureau