GM - Player Interaction

User suggestions to improve the game

GM - Player Interaction

Postby Peralisc2 » Wed Dec 23, 2009 10:15 pm

There should be maybe some events ( simplistic ones ) just for the sake of GMs and players eliminating a bit of the distance that tends to be created over time or is there just now (since some players are new).

Reason is there seems to be something missing here that makes people think GMs are just money hungry bastards, which i don't intend to deny here :P , but this may be very far from the truth and after all they are just mere humans like the rest.

I can't think of much of an event right now since i don't try hard enough but here's an example:

How about there is an event at the end of the week or at the end of every two weeks, that gathers GMs and players and allows them to partialy "play through the alteil story" ...
So let's say we play the story of Zagar fighting his way through some troops to go help out at a more important location in the war. (just an example)
There should be a group of players that fight for the story to continue and one fights against it. If the group that fought for it won then the story will continue in two weeks, if not then we could retry after 2 weeks at same point and count the last event (where those that fought for the story failed) as a mini encounter that wasn't recorded in the "history books"

I imagine it like this. GM (logress maybe, he should work extra hours :lol: ) is in train arena and when the event starts he tells us a story and when we get to the fight part everyone joins into battle to fight for disturbing or continuing the story. 1-2 GMs could try to be around and fight too.

Well the idea is the fun of it and brining the community together; and not to attract "prize greedy bastards" like me :P. Those are the things i expect from this. +well ya we maybe we get more details about the story?

This was just an example, feel free to come up with your own and give whatever opinions you wish to. But keep in mind the main idea of removing this weird conflict that seems to start showing up, you know the "money hungry bastards" one. I think it's important to try to prove some people wrong.
ImageImage
Alteil is pretty much well balanced. Sometimes you loose and sometimes the enemy wins.
Peralisc2

Re: GM - Player Interaction

Postby luckysvn777 » Thu Dec 24, 2009 1:16 am

Would this be an appropriate time to mention the slightly joke, but slightly awesome idea me and I believe DWild came up with of making GM partners that you win temporarily when you defeat the corresponding GM. I dunno why, but I find that idea hilarious.

Also because partners are useless otherwise. I just want the GM's cheering me on, is that too much to ask?

But yea, some sort of GM events could be nice.. if they ever have the time to do that.
luckysvn777

Postby Phenoca » Fri Dec 25, 2009 7:28 pm

How about a Starter File Tourny tomorrow?
Prize for 1st and 2nd place: Card of your choice from any of the new starters.
flood + Pakistan = hunger
Phenoca

Postby crimsonshade » Sat Dec 26, 2009 6:57 am

Phenoca wrote:How about a Starter File Tourny tomorrow?
Prize for 1st and 2nd place: Card of your choice from any of the new starters.

How bout you incorporate the GMs into this Tourney? Say... top 5 gets to have a boss fight against Logress. Armed with all the cards of course ^o^
crimsonshade

Postby Phenoca » Sat Dec 26, 2009 1:08 pm

joshisawesum wrote:Armed with all the cards of course ^o^

Any cards or just starter cards?
I dunno if Logress has the time to play 5 Iczers, but getting to battle a GM would be sweet.
Edit: Until they beat you.
flood + Pakistan = hunger
Phenoca

Postby Pancakes » Sun Dec 27, 2009 1:11 am

I dont' really want to get to know the GMs any better. But I would like for there to be some reason to form guilds and participate in them. I started my own guild just to see if getting a guild level up meant anything... and it doesn't. I think new players involvement would be increased if there was some reason for them to join a guild and to earn something from participating in it. But I think GM's need to balance game not talk to me or play games against me. That's in everyone's best interest.

Would players like demongod be so enraged if their worst alteil knightmares became their big bro's instead via guild participation? Where every time they win, he wins as well in a small way.

I was thinking like in Naruto (pera should know what I'm talking about), where guilds are assigned each set based on player skill so that all the guilds will be balanced. The same way all the ninja teams were balanced before they took the Chunin exam. And then noobs would be assigned to an existing team when they reach Folrart. And from this guild's exploits point cards and bonus gran would be earned. And strong players would have a reason to help new players get better.

For instance, Mavel (Sasuke) could not be placed into Kazama (Neji)'s team, but instead would have to have a subpar number one hyperactive such as yours truly (Naruto). You probably can't even tell what I'm talking about anymore, I barely can.

You could get rid of GM battle altogether and have a GUILDBATTLE! Outcome of which would at the end of the week determine the guilds' bonus gran and point card spoils. There could be a little ticker on the front page that tells who is the winner and loser of the lastest random arena GuildBattles.

And a scoreboard. Talk about intense comraderie. Who'd want to constanly have their name as the loser on the GuildBattle's board?
I can only use Bringer, BKR Jack, and returns cuz I'm a free player. It's my best shot at winning!
Pancakes

Postby Peralisc2 » Sun Dec 27, 2009 1:50 am

I am not sure i fully understand, but i think i sort of completely agree, how about having Hinata, Sakura, Ino and TenTen all at once? :shock: :o @_@ Weeeehhhwww!! Hit the spot! lol
ImageImage
Alteil is pretty much well balanced. Sometimes you loose and sometimes the enemy wins.
Peralisc2

Postby crimsonshade » Sun Dec 27, 2009 2:43 am

Phenoca wrote:
joshisawesum wrote:Armed with all the cards of course ^o^

Any cards or just starter cards?
I dunno if Logress has the time to play 5 Iczers, but getting to battle a GM would be sweet.
Edit: Until they beat you.

Yeah, I was thinking of all cards from all expansions, even EX ^o^. Cause I think that way the load would be easier on them (given they're very busy and all). Of course, the judging wouldn't be based on who beats them (if any at all XD) but who gave them the hardest time.

But forget GM-player bonding time, I'm really liking the Naruto craziness going on here XD.
crimsonshade

Return to Safiria's Planning Bureau