loss exp based on remaining lp?

User suggestions to improve the game

loss exp based on remaining lp?

Postby Mevee » Thu Dec 24, 2009 7:01 am

hi after losing 3 or 4 times in a short time with my enemy having onlyone 1lp or even with my enemy surly dying if his closed card would have beeen removed first instead of mine,
I think to give more losing exp when your enemy only has 1 or 2 remaining lp would be nice.
And yeah Iam losing a lot, Iam not that good a player but its just annoying if you fought a good and hard battle lost by just a margin and only gain 1 xp.
Mevee

Re: loss exp based on remaining lp?

Postby Phenoca » Sat Feb 27, 2010 5:11 pm

Indeed.

It's been one year since I've been asking for loss-exp and loss-gran to be based on the amount of LP your opponent has lost.

While this infers that it is an important change in my opinion, it also indicates that it is not going to be implemented.

Also, I'm finding that all of my files are tending towards "anti-meta", since the low-level players give less exp.
Getting only 1 XP was annoying, because it took me more than 80 games to get out of Crest Arena (level cap was 14).
I joined right before the new Starters were released.
flood + Pakistan = hunger
Phenoca

Postby Multi » Sat Feb 27, 2010 5:34 pm

I'm against this idea because of two things. Difference in starting LP, some files may only have 6 LP others might have 15 LP.

The other is depending on the file, strategically letting your SS go off is the key to victory. Whether you think you almost won or not because they were low on LP, has nothing to do with how close you truely were to victory. I had mavel down to his last LP once, but i was literally MILES away from victory.
Image Sometimes, it's like this.
Multi

Postby imortal12233 » Sat Feb 27, 2010 5:42 pm

Multi wrote:I'm against this idea because of two things. Difference in starting LP, some files may only have 6 LP others might have 15 LP.

The other is depending on the file, strategically letting your SS go off is the key to victory. Whether you think you almost won or not because they were low on LP, has nothing to do with how close you truely were to victory. I had mavel down to his last LP once, but i was literally MILES away from victory.

I have a lawtia file (relatively successfull one). where if by the end of the game I am not at 1-2LP, then the match could be considered to have been extremely one sided.
actually, the description for lawtia:
[quote]If a Lawtia Iczer wins with only 1 LP remaining, his first thought is "all that matters is that I won." In fact, you could say that if he had too much LP to spare, then he wasn't dueling in the spirit of Lawtia. [quote] basically describes that type of file.
Needs a new sig, but haven't come up with one.
So here is a message about how I need a new sig but haven't come up with one :D
imortal12233

Postby GonFreeces31 » Sat Feb 27, 2010 6:03 pm

Multi wrote:I'm against this idea because of two things. Difference in starting LP, some files may only have 6 LP others might have 15 LP.

I'll cite the law of large numbers here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Law_of_large_numbers

Individual variations and outliers are not really an issue here.
The True Hero / Callonia
GonFreeces31

Return to Safiria's Planning Bureau