A potentially minor suggestion

User suggestions to improve the game

A potentially minor suggestion

Postby Demongod » Sat Dec 26, 2009 7:39 pm

Since as more and more cards come out, it becomes harder and harder for new players to assemble a playset, I was wondering whether or not it's possible to simply give all the players a cap on the amount of times they can MM rather than make it once a day, and make it retroactive to the first day Alteil was released?
Nerf Elite Fencer. Change start skill to "target unit of agi 4 or higher gets AGI = 3. Then, this unit gets AGI = 4 for this turn and ATK +10"

For the great justice of the diverse meta.
Demongod

Re: A potentially minor suggestion

Postby crimsonshade » Sun Dec 27, 2009 2:32 am

Personally I like changes that make things more affordable, rather than increase the grinding part of this game
crimsonshade

Postby Peralisc2 » Sun Dec 27, 2009 11:47 am

It's not clear enough for me what he suggests. Did he say he wants a cap (a limit) on amount of times you can play MM? What for? O_o

And the grinding part is something desperately needed here. -.-
ImageImage
Alteil is pretty much well balanced. Sometimes you loose and sometimes the enemy wins.
Peralisc2

Postby Demongod » Sun Dec 27, 2009 12:06 pm

Peralisc2 wrote:It's not clear enough for me what he suggests. Did he say he wants a cap (a limit) on amount of times you can play MM? What for? O_o

And the grinding part is something desperately needed here. -.-

No what I'm saying is that I joined Alteil a month ago. But Alteil has been around for a year and a half (?). It'd be nice if I could play a year and a half's worth of MM at my leisure to catch up to the MM someone who was here on the first day was playing.

Now whether or not this gets implemented I personally am not too emphatic on, but I am thinking that this would be a way to allow newer free players to catch up with those who have been here longer.
Nerf Elite Fencer. Change start skill to "target unit of agi 4 or higher gets AGI = 3. Then, this unit gets AGI = 4 for this turn and ATK +10"

Demongod

Postby Ginnazoh » Sun Dec 27, 2009 5:57 pm

i mean i'll personally benefit from this idea...but like wise, the people who had to spend 30 gran for lotto should then be asking for the extra 20 gran per lotto pull back ... because it would only seem fair that if we're going to give everyone the MM benefits of being around since day 1, we should also give everyone the benefit of the new 10 gran lotto pull.

Think about it this way, 30 gran nowadays = 2 days for 3 cards. 30 gran back then = 2 days for 1 card. If they're going to give us all this bonus gran, they should give the older players all the extra gran they spent on lotto back
Ginnazoh

Postby LoneKnight » Sun Dec 27, 2009 6:05 pm

The old lotto also supposedly had higher droprates... it's just that it's better for beginners to get the 1-2* cards fast than having to grind 2-3 days for a single chance at a 3 star.
LoneKnight

Postby Demongod » Sun Dec 27, 2009 10:32 pm

Either way, this is simply a "looking ahead" suggestion. Imagine that Alteil is still here in 3 years and we're getting new players. We have people with thousands of cards and wrecking people with all sorts of meta'd strategies. Well, simply increasing ways to earn gran and such as time goes on so that newer players can more quickly catch up with the older ones would go towards unsustainable. So I say that we simply retroactively let all players have a chance at the MM as Alteil US has been in existence.

Demongod

Postby LoneKnight » Tue Dec 29, 2009 9:49 am

I think the point of Mirage Master is that you need to log on once every day at least. Making it so that you could log on once a week, or stop playing for amonth then come back and play the game for hours upon hours defeats its purpose (I mean, if it was to help free players then why force them to do something that has nothing to do with the game at all and not just give the Gran out instead?).

To make the idea still confirm to its original design, I think it should be added that though the total number of times you can get gran from MM is capped at 3 (instead of the current 1).

This serves the purpose of giving a newbie free player a chance to catch up (as per the original suggestion) if they log in every day, BUT prevents having to grind out all the MM chances before playing.
LoneKnight

Postby Peralisc2 » Tue Dec 29, 2009 11:39 am

Once / day is fine, just give alternatives, not everyone likes MM.
ImageImage
Alteil is pretty much well balanced. Sometimes you loose and sometimes the enemy wins.
Peralisc2

Postby 091888 » Tue Dec 29, 2009 12:37 pm

actually give grans is a better idea I DO NOT like the idea of mm sorry about that mm is not really about alteil , i remember last month ,my friend and i play dota after playing dota , i play MM after looking at me playing mm , i ask him to try , he do not even try it my friend say that alteil is boring wtf i told him it is a part gain grans system .. perlic is right , not many ppl love mm because it is a headache to play mm everyday

Next

Return to Safiria's Planning Bureau