In combination with luckysvn's point card exchange idea

User suggestions to improve the game

In combination with luckysvn's point card exchange idea

Postby Demongod » Mon Dec 28, 2009 2:26 am

His 1/2/6/30/60 idea, since that's how much the recycle values are...

Along those lines, I was thinking what if we allowed point cards to be purchased for 10 gran apiece? It'd allow players to obtain the one-stars they needed, but at the same time, make them pay a premium for anything above that as compared to lottoing. After all, if I can get 2-stars from lotto for 10 gran, why should I pay 20 for it?

Here is the post containing lucky's idea:

http://www.alteil.com/forum/index.php?f ... =viewtopic
Last edited by Demongod on Mon Dec 28, 2009 2:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
Nerf Elite Fencer. Change start skill to "target unit of agi 4 or higher gets AGI = 3. Then, this unit gets AGI = 4 for this turn and ATK +10"

For the great justice of the diverse meta.
Demongod

Re: In combination with luckysvn's point card exchange idea

Postby Grain » Mon Dec 28, 2009 2:41 am

Could you do so much as to provide a link to the information that you are referencing?
Grain

Postby Demongod » Mon Dec 28, 2009 2:47 am

Edited post with link.
Nerf Elite Fencer. Change start skill to "target unit of agi 4 or higher gets AGI = 3. Then, this unit gets AGI = 4 for this turn and ATK +10"

Demongod

Postby LoneKnight » Mon Dec 28, 2009 8:32 am

The problem with allowing pointcards to be bought for 10 gran is that it invalidates lotto. Lotto is already mostly done for getting 1 rarity cards, and getting the EXACT 1 rarity you need for the same price is a lot better.

I think it's fine being FM only, though lowering the price to like, 500FM would be good.
LoneKnight

Postby Multi » Mon Dec 28, 2009 1:51 pm

lol at this idea. You know it's not even close to reasonable, so why bother making the suggestion?

That idea of lucky's is an idea that's been proposed many times in the past, even I've suggested making point card exchange rates correlate with the recycle values 4 or 5 months ago. Your idea is just so absurd, I don't think anyone's made that suggestion before though. Why on earth would they consider 10 gran point cards when the FM price is so ludicrously high, and they profit so much from people spending 35 dollars just for a single 5* and a handful of 4* and 3*'s? We all know that after a point, 1*'s and 2*'s are completed, likely around 2 boxes worth, and they're just filler from then on to make you buy more and more packs and boxes to try to get 3* and up, earning 1.50 a pack. Why lose out on likely 3-5 dollars for someone chasing down even a 3*, or likely even more, by giving them the ability to buy a 3* at 60gran. Might as well do away with packs and boxes and lotto and point cards and just let people buy every card individually.

Not to say I would mind this idea being implemented, but I'm just pointing out how unrealistic it is, and thus what a waste of a thread it is to suggest it. Hence making this thread nothing more than spam basically.
Image Sometimes, it's like this.
Multi

Postby Demongod » Mon Dec 28, 2009 2:20 pm

The idea is while that it's good for 1-stars, it's bad on a collection standpoint. After all, if I spend 600 gran, I'll get at least 300 gran back from the lotto for recycle.

Essentially with this idea, you're paying a premium just to get the cards you want.

Demongod

Postby Gota » Tue Dec 29, 2009 7:48 pm

You're using 1 star cards as the bases for the cost, which isn't exactly ideal for Alteil's business module.

Doing so will make lotto be worth 0 value, and if lotto is worth 0 value, nothing else in the shop is worth anything, because lotto is the lowest cost per card ratio already.

Essentially you are asking Alteil to sell every single card in this game dirt cheap and totally remove the 4x+ copies rip off scheme, which no way in hell would they abolish, ever, because it makes people chase cards (Do I like it? No, but realistically, they aren't going to get rid of it, ever, so don't even bother)
Logress wrote:Gota: I just looked at your lottery logs... I officially declare you the most unlucky man on earth.
Gota

Return to Safiria's Planning Bureau