Publicise the rarities in lotto/packs/boxes of all kinds.

User suggestions to improve the game

Publicise the rarities in lotto/packs/boxes of all kinds.

Postby RivalIczer » Wed Dec 30, 2009 5:34 pm

Not asking for better rates, it'd just be nice to know what they are. That way, we could make informed decisions when spending our Gran.
RivalIczer

Re: Publicise the rarities in lotto/packs/boxes of all kinds.

Postby Romdeau » Wed Dec 30, 2009 7:28 pm

Just being realistic here, but it's not gonna happen.
Romdeau

Postby icewolf33 » Wed Dec 30, 2009 7:41 pm

Maybe possible to approximate if people are willing to publicly share their results, though. For example, this post seems to have some good data on lottery results:
http://www.alteil.com/forum/index.php?f ... pic#p42383

And here is some data on gold boxes:
http://www.alteil.com/forum/index.php?f ... =viewtopic

As long as you don't buy into silly stuff like doing a 'lucky' number of lottery pulls at once, probably possible to mine useful data from this. Maybe people will be willing to share the results of their opens.
I really want to recommend this game to friends. I would feel much better about doing that if things were less expensive, like tens of dollars to get most of a set, instead of hundreds!
icewolf33

Postby luckysvn777 » Wed Dec 30, 2009 8:25 pm

You know, this is one of the few things that Alteil does that truly truly baffles me. Exactly what would be the harm of posting the rates. The only reason I could think of is if they are really so abyssmal that it would cause an uproar to post them.. in which case all Alteil is doing is sending us the vibe that this is actually the case.

Heck, my 1000 gran leftover from a Gold Box spent on about 9 packs that didn't even get a SINGLE 3* or higher hint to me that the rates really are embarassing.. (which, incidentally, is another thing that baffles me.. the rates seem to get worse and worse for each Set. I admit, i'm starting to get very annoyed..)

Incomplete information leads to inefficiencies in any sort of economic situation. In my opinion, Alteil is only hurting itself by not making that information known. I remember the other card games i've played had the pack information right on the back of the packs.. why is Alteil holding back exactly?
luckysvn777

Postby Romdeau » Wed Dec 30, 2009 8:55 pm

Psychological reasons, the gamble loses its thrill a little bit if you know exactly what the odds are going in. There's something thrilling about pulling the lotto 99 times without fully understanding the risks (not that I do it myself). Get what I mean?
Romdeau

Postby LoneKnight » Wed Dec 30, 2009 8:58 pm

You can make the decision of not checking the rates for yourself you know....
LoneKnight

Postby DDrgn » Wed Dec 30, 2009 9:10 pm

Even if they did, I still feel like people who don't get quite what they expected will feel even worse.

"Oh man, these cards suck! So much for these 'supposed' rates! LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL!"

Something like that.
( ゚ ヮ゚)b
DDrgn

Postby luckysvn777 » Thu Dec 31, 2009 2:44 am

Romdeau wrote:Psychological reasons, the gamble loses its thrill a little bit if you know exactly what the odds are going in. There's something thrilling about pulling the lotto 99 times without fully understanding the risks (not that I do it myself). Get what I mean?

No offense of course, but I disagree completely with that. If anything, I enjoy knowing the risks more. Maybe its because i'm an econ/stat kinda guy though. ^^
luckysvn777

Postby Demongod » Thu Dec 31, 2009 3:17 am

luckysvn777 wrote:
Romdeau wrote:Psychological reasons, the gamble loses its thrill a little bit if you know exactly what the odds are going in. There's something thrilling about pulling the lotto 99 times without fully understanding the risks (not that I do it myself). Get what I mean?

No offense of course, but I disagree completely with that. If anything, I enjoy knowing the risks more. Maybe its because i'm an econ/stat kinda guy though. ^^

Stat and econ are not synonymous!

But yes, I definitely would love to know the odds on everything, so I can tell what's the best use of gran.
Nerf Elite Fencer. Change start skill to "target unit of agi 4 or higher gets AGI = 3. Then, this unit gets AGI = 4 for this turn and ATK +10"

For the great justice of the diverse meta.
Demongod

Postby luckysvn777 » Thu Dec 31, 2009 3:20 am

I know they aren't synonymous. If they were, i'd have only mentioned one. ^^
luckysvn777

Next

Return to Safiria's Planning Bureau