Publicise the rarities in lotto/packs/boxes of all kinds.

User suggestions to improve the game

Re: Publicise the rarities in lotto/packs/boxes of all kinds.

Postby icewolf33 » Thu Dec 31, 2009 12:47 pm

Luckysvn, seems like you have enough data points that you could draw some conclusions of your own. Or if you posted your results in this thread (full results, not just dry spells), maybe some other people would be encouraged to share.

If it makes people feel better, you can PM your information to me and I will anonymously aggregate it for you (so in this thread, I will just post the totals). Again, we would need full results though, not just lucky or unlucky streaks. Eventually it's nice to be able to answer questions like: I need a third Soldier of Gaia and two Feline Kin Fighters, should I buy packs or do lotto? Once we have information on the rates, it will be easier to answer that kind of question.

I will start keeping this data on my own buys, but I spend relatively little so I won't be able to generate that many data points.
I really want to recommend this game to friends. I would feel much better about doing that if things were less expensive, like tens of dollars to get most of a set, instead of hundreds!
icewolf33

Postby InigoMontoya » Thu Dec 31, 2009 2:20 pm

http://www.alteil.com/forum/index.php?f ... =viewtopic

There's an old thread with some results for you, Icewolf.
InigoMontoya

Postby luckysvn777 » Thu Dec 31, 2009 3:33 pm

I'm more curious for pack rates than lotto rates myself. Perhaps we should collect pack data? Anyone want to volunteer? I've sworn off those god-awful rate packs for good >.>
luckysvn777

Postby Harion » Mon Jan 11, 2010 4:39 pm

i don't really care abt odds
even a 99% chance of pulling rares would make me think
there's still the 1% chance i'll get screwed
no thanks

there is one thing i'd like though
a guranteed rare in every box
most ccgs give it as incentive so players will spend more
why can't alteil do the same?
My goal is not to win, but to have fun.
But since winning is fun, I can't help but to make winning my goal.
--
Bear killing axe-man was meant to be what it's name suggests - a killer unit. Sadly, there were no bears to kill in Alteil.
Harion

Postby RivalIczer » Fri Jan 22, 2010 2:51 pm

I must insist on this, or at least, tell us why they are kept secret.

Someone asked why... well, informed decisions, for one. If rarities were public, I'd be able to mathematically deduce where the best gran:card value is for my situation and spend it accordingly, be it on packs, lotto or boxes.

Whereas at the moment, we can assume packs and boxes have better rarities than the lotto, but said assumption relies on faith alone. Not being one to act on faith over reason, I'll take the lotto.

Not leaving us in the dark about the rarities might incite some of us to buy gran, too.

tl;dr: informed decisions>blind guesses.
RivalIczer

Postby fargone » Sat Jan 23, 2010 5:28 pm

Asking for, or demanding commercial-in-confidence information from a company is not always met with a good response. This has been requested many times (including by me). It would be nice, but I have no expectation of any outcome on this one.
GonFreeces31 wrote:
fargone wrote:I realise this is completely off topic, but Icy deserves the limelight more than others. Some of whom dominate the forums with their endless posts.

What, I make legit points too...
fargone

Postby Peralisc2 » Sun Jan 24, 2010 1:41 am

Don't really care about this, even if you knew the chances it's not like you are going to win more, see real life lotto. (oh wait i won 5 to 16 € at times because analyzing it i guess, but nvm that)

But i ask you, in what RPGs do you know the drop rates for items?

Also it's clear the rates are quite low, it makes more sense to argue for a rarity up than for just knowing the rates.
ImageImage
Alteil is pretty much well balanced. Sometimes you loose and sometimes the enemy wins.
Peralisc2

Postby luckysvn777 » Sun Jan 24, 2010 2:39 am

But i ask you, in what RPGs do you know the drop rates for items?

Internet ftw

Also it's clear the rates are quite low, it makes more sense to argue for a rarity up than for just knowing the rates.

The problem is, without knowing the actual rates, we can't really make an argument..

Of course, not knowing the rates also makes us assume the worst... in other words it makes us assume the rates are worse than they actually are, meaning people spend less on them, meaning less revenue is made.

In other words, not knowing is a lose-lose for everyone...
luckysvn777

Postby RivalIczer » Sun Jan 24, 2010 10:54 am

luckysvn777 wrote:The problem is, without knowing the actual rates, we can't really make an argument..

Of course, not knowing the rates also makes us assume the worst... in other words it makes us assume the rates are worse than they actually are, meaning people spend less on them, meaning less revenue is made.

In other words, not knowing is a lose-lose for everyone...

QFT on everything, but especially the last line: there's absolutely no reason not to do this.
But even if the team doesn't want to do it, is it wrong to at least expect some sort of answer on the matter?
RivalIczer

Postby HeartCard » Mon Feb 08, 2010 1:13 am

You guys let topics die out too quickly.

Only the most active thread gets attention anyways, so make it this one.

I agree on this for the most part.

However, I realize that the rates are PROBABLY worse than I imagine.
The rate for a 5* in Lotto is probably 0.02%, or 1/5000.
Yet we know people pull them.
In this case, we would imagine the 5* rate is probably 0.1 or something, when it's infact far lower.

This is really a half/half situation. It's good to have that information, it's bad to have that information.
It stimulates some people to buy, it curves some others from buying.
HeartCard

PreviousNext

Return to Safiria's Planning Bureau