Discussion and Solutions to Disconnections.

User suggestions to improve the game

Discussion and Solutions to Disconnections.

Postby Callonia » Sat Jan 02, 2010 2:40 am

I haven't Played Alteil in a week or two, but two of my first duels was both losses just coz I got a disconnection and other loss was due to firefox crashing.

I was running my laptop on for like seven hours tho, but seriously, what is up with disconnections that alteil is rampant with?

I think its because my laptop is running for way too long..?
Callonia

Re: Discussion and Solutions to Disconnections.

Postby LDEvolution » Sat Jan 02, 2010 2:50 am

Atually being dissconnected is because of many reason and IMO running your laptop too long isn't one of them since I use a PC (yes thats right I said PC) and I had it on for a few hours (like 3) and started playing Alteil I got dissconnected already and its because the broswer had an issue and had to close down (lousy internet broswer) and yes being dissconnected did contrubute to some of my losses but not alot but I think that the GMs should just make it into a draw if one gets dissconnected since its not the players fault that maybe the internet connection got lost or thier broswer had an issue.
http://www.alteil.com/forum/index.php/topic?f=27&t=7338
The Alteil 3DS Homebrew Project...by LDE and Ganon
LDEvolution

Postby Callonia » Sat Jan 02, 2010 2:25 pm

Urgh seriously?

I have alot of disconnections.

Its either the problem with game itself or flash card something I heard other day or overheating? But again, my GO runs with no problems whenever i run it for few hours, GO is short for galaxy online. However it has a client for you to install just few MBs something while alteil is a browser based game.
Callonia

Postby luckysvn777 » Sat Jan 02, 2010 2:34 pm

but I think that the GMs should just make it into a draw if one gets dissconnected since its not the players fault that maybe the internet connection got lost or thier broswer had an issue.

Problem with that is it opens up the following scenario:

Player A is losing the match. Therefore, he takes out his ethernet cable, thus disconnecting him and getting him a draw instead.

I don't think it would be possible to fully know when those disconnections are accidental or intentional, so making it into a draw makes it abusable. Unfortunately
luckysvn777

Postby LDEvolution » Tue Jan 05, 2010 8:01 am

luckysvn777 wrote:
but I think that the GMs should just make it into a draw if one gets dissconnected since its not the players fault that maybe the internet connection got lost or thier broswer had an issue.

Problem with that is it opens up the following scenario:

Player A is losing the match. Therefore, he takes out his ethernet cable, thus disconnecting him and getting him a draw instead.

I don't think it would be possible to fully know when those disconnections are accidental or intentional, so making it into a draw makes it abusable. Unfortunately

True but I use wireless internet because its convenient and my signal is average and its alright but it does disconnect at times and its not planned since I usually have MSN, Chat or forums running during a match so I could also be winning and get disconnect thus having this unfair system just kick me in the face cause my internet sometimes dissconnect which is usually cause by the internet company...
http://www.alteil.com/forum/index.php/topic?f=27&t=7338
The Alteil 3DS Homebrew Project...by LDE and Ganon
LDEvolution

Return to Safiria's Planning Bureau