Suggestion for Tournament: GRANDE CONQUERORS of LAVATO

User suggestions to improve the game

Suggestion for Tournament: GRANDE CONQUERORS of LAVATO

Postby Celestice » Sat Jan 02, 2010 7:58 am

Well, it has been such a looonnnggg time since we had our last big event, so here's my suggestions for the next (Any contribution ideas welcome in this thread, but pls stay on-topic)

Name: GRANDE CONQUERORS of LAVATO
Type: Land-conquering Guild-Based Tournament.
Background:
The world of Lavato, though still attains its beauty and mysteries, is not at peace anymore! With the arrival of more and more forces joining the war, newest ones being the Magic Dolls army and the Carrier Mermaids, led by Garidea. The world is under chaos, and, as the prophecies have implied, it is now the time for Heroes to emerge and claim both fame and fortune! Potential Iczers appear more and more from any corners of Lavato: From Solar Kingdom to the mysterious Forests of Athira. They all raise their arms, with different goals and ambitions. Realizing the situation, various talented and ambitious Lords have sent their Vassals around the world, employing those Iczers into their respective Factions. Of course, they are still under the rule of their Kings and Queens from Solar Kingdom, Crest or Mercenary Nations etc., but whether it is permanent or not remains unknown. As one of the various Heroes of Chaos, your very destiny begins to uncover...
The year is 192 LC (Lavato Calendar)...
Features:
+ Every guild has to choose their Allegiance: Solar Kingdom, Duchy of Crest, Mercenary Nation, Wizard Kingdom, and more. Each Factions have its own advantages and disadvantages.
+ Every Iczer is a Vassal under their respective guild, and can either: Guard their current location, Attack other provinces or Perform special orders.
+ The battle rules will, of course, based on Dueling your opponents, with certain "Special Rules" (Which I already thought of some) which enables the Guild or even a Faction to battle as a team, not as a single Iczer.
+ Some special Artifacts or Cards will be issued, enabling more tactics to cripple your opponents before duel.

Above is my general idea about the Event. I will post it here to get everyone's opinion and the GMs' very precious approval on the project. If the project get accepted and there are many Iczers support and help me building this event, I will start to construct more details.
Hope to receive everyone's feedback soon.
For a Better Alteil Community
Celestice

Re: Suggestion for Tournament: GRANDE CONQUERORS of LAVATO

Postby 091888 » Sat Jan 02, 2010 9:20 am

that is simple for bonus if you join ;a41 more hp like 20 maxhp + and 10 def /-1 agi and -1 refress sphere
;a38 1 agi + and 10 more attack/-5 def and -1 rng for all rng3 or more units
;a40 +1 lp and gowen sphere up by one /+1 level for all units and -10 attack
;a39 -1 level for all units and instant summon to the field/-10 attack and defence

good point / bad point

Postby Soiyeruda » Sat Jan 02, 2010 10:48 am

Those bonuses seem kinda strange. (Eg. Gowen is getting less atk as bad point, yet they're the "beat em down with raw power" sphere)

Sounds fun but is sorta unrealistic in that it's pretty doubtful it will happen. At most, you'll have to resort to some form of roleplay with a custom map and if you meet someone of another faction, then you battle to see who wins
Soiyeruda

Postby Celestice » Sat Jan 02, 2010 11:37 am

I plan to combine Alteil game mechanics with our Forum (For uploading Maps, Quests, characters, events etc.), just like a Text-game.
As for the bonuses, it'll be out-game, not ingame, something like:
Solar Kingdom: If you attack your opponents during the morning, the opponent cannot use SP drain cards in his or her deck
Wizard Kingdom: You may choose a turn number from 1-5, Opponent will not be able to set a card that turn
And the Rules will become applicable, since the eventmasters will observe the game
Note that these two are just for illustrations
Celestice

Postby Peralisc2 » Sat Jan 02, 2010 12:21 pm

Sure. I like it. Problem is you don't have a map of Lavato.
ImageImage
Alteil is pretty much well balanced. Sometimes you loose and sometimes the enemy wins.
Peralisc2

Postby Celestice » Sat Jan 02, 2010 2:36 pm

One can always make things up right?
It is not difficult to "Draw" a map, really
Celestice

Postby ANIMEniac » Sat Jan 02, 2010 5:08 pm

I had something like this planned long ago. I had maps ready and rules for making moves and battles. It was a 3v3 (with team alts). This was a league type event so it was less demanding than the 1 day tourny.

The reason it was postponed was b/c there was still a need to test some event features. The mono-color tournament was one of them, but the data on it was inconclusive.

Anywho, very interesting idea. Would like to see your whole plan layout.
ANIMEniac

Postby Soiyeruda » Sat Jan 02, 2010 7:39 pm

Celestice wrote:I plan to combine Alteil game mechanics with our Forum (For uploading Maps, Quests, characters, events etc.), just like a Text-game.
As for the bonuses, it'll be out-game, not ingame, something like:
Solar Kingdom: If you attack your opponents during the morning, the opponent cannot use SP drain cards in his or her deck
Wizard Kingdom: You may choose a turn number from 1-5, Opponent will not be able to set a card that turn
And the Rules will become applicable, since the eventmasters will observe the game
Note that these two are just for illustrations

kk, this is more reasonable. Was thrown off by the other person's bonuses. Would like to see this implemented somehow.
Soiyeruda

Postby Celestice » Sat Jan 02, 2010 9:13 pm

To Animeniac: Great, if you have the similar idea, then perhaps we could work together? :D
Also, team battle or not will depend on how many Iczers of each side is presence at the respective location of battle (But I will apply a maximum number of Iczers who can participate in the battle, to avoid having too many Iczers at the same location)

I still need GM's opinions about this and more approval posts to begin to construct though. And DEFINATELY needs some volunteered Event Moderators. (You guys can be players too, as long as, well, like soccer, English Referees is not allowed to control England National Team's games)
Celestice

Postby Logress » Mon Jan 04, 2010 12:40 pm

I'm always up for community tournaments, but be careful about making things so complicated it becomes difficult to run. My advice is to pick one good complication (maybe the extra rules by sphere) and make everything else as simple as possible. Also, tap users like ANIMEniac and Peralisc who have run community tournaments before for advice.
"Scissors are overpowered. Rock is fine." -Paper
Logress

Return to Safiria's Planning Bureau