Change in game mechanics

User suggestions to improve the game

Re: Change in game mechanics

Postby Peralisc2 » Wed Jan 06, 2010 11:25 pm

How about 1 change in demongod instead of having to put up with all the work to satisfy him? There's simply too much to change if you want to please him. So why not just change demongod and make him agree with anything instead of little to nothing?

IMO, I think that Iczer attacking needs to cost 0 vs. an empty field.

I stopped reading here, because return(or any sort of unit removal, close unit skills) + iczer attack hurts enough already.

Rapid Flying apprentice + miracle fruit, return anything you want to or use one of the new SS (that is dependent on AGI of the unit you try to return) + undine / sylph or any other agi manipulating skill.
ImageImage
Alteil is pretty much well balanced. Sometimes you loose and sometimes the enemy wins.
Peralisc2

Postby ANIMEniac » Wed Jan 06, 2010 11:56 pm

Only counter to big is rush?

Demon, have you already forgotten how harsh it is for a big file to get 1 unit Sin'd away? You get 1 with it and you buy yourself at least 3 turns. Anything lower and you will probably handle it with ease with the stronger field.

Big files already suffer from Fierte SS, removal SS, and the occasional SP drain here and there.

If you had your way, you get the Sin off on a big guy, then you bum rush the LP 3-4x for free?
ANIMEniac

Postby Demongod » Thu Jan 07, 2010 1:46 am

If they're so silly enough under the new mechanics to drop one big guy on the field with no support, then yes. Frankly, I think it's ridiculous that so many strategies work because the game mechanics do not work as well as they should.

I'll try to make a stretched M:tG analogy.

Imagine if both players only controlled two lands a turn, mana pools didn't empty, it cost 1 mana to attack your opponent, and your critters only did two damage a pop, no matter whether they were a big scary dragon or a little goblin.

Of course strategies that could afford to wait an absurdly long time would win in that case. I remember vs. Worthing that indeed I did assassinate his Zu. A turn or two later he came down with dragon zombie. Whoops, no more sin SSs, GG etc...

Sure I could iczer iczer iczer while he spams SP generators. I can get him down to 8 of 14 or whatnot. Maybe even assassinate his dragon emperor and get him down to 4 LP.

And then what? I'm left high and dry with next to no units, next to no SP, and him laughing his head off at the phrase "so close...but oh so very far"

I don't really get it...would it kill people to take one turn to plop down some sort of low-level immovable object? I mean if you're trying to rush Allind or whatnot, why not just plop down an Axeman, so as to even force the opponent to pay 1 SP?

Do bigs and primcloners need such love that we should just let them spam all of their SP gens defended not by their own file, but the game mechanics?
Nerf Elite Fencer. Change start skill to "target unit of agi 4 or higher gets AGI = 3. Then, this unit gets AGI = 4 for this turn and ATK +10"

For the great justice of the diverse meta.
Demongod

Postby Otonashi » Thu Jan 07, 2010 1:51 am

They're sacrificing their soul skills to make you spend SP. That's the only difference between a Big file's soul skill lineup, and the average files lineup. In fact, I'd like to see a big file in action that uses Violet X2 instead of 3 LP fillers...
Otonashi

Postby luckysvn777 » Thu Jan 07, 2010 2:10 am

If you let him build up that much SP after playing a Zu, you lost for a reason.. and its not the game mechanics.

Also, the return argument once again trumps the suggestion
luckysvn777

Previous

Return to Safiria's Planning Bureau