Seasonal 5of7 event

User suggestions to improve the game

Seasonal 5of7 event

Postby Visfarix » Thu Jan 07, 2010 3:35 pm

I've come up with an interesting idea for a 5 of 7 event! And just in time for the seasonal cards too.

My idea is that everyone likes new seasonal art but we never really get to keep the art we like unless we win them through events or seasonal lotto. So, to fix this, we should have a 5 of 7 event for seasonal art at the end of each season. Instead of making the prize 5 point cards and a lame raffle for the newest seasonal art that only lets a handful of people win, we should let people pick a card they want to keep and give it to them!

Of the 8 seasonal cards we get to see each season, each player can pick one card that they have and want to keep and the GMs will replace that card with a permanent seasonal version.

I'm sure this would make a lot of people happy. You like that new seasonal ruby carbuncle, assassin, or Asuet card and you want to keep it? Play the 5of7 event! Though I suppose this would pose a problem for the players who don't have any of the seasonal cards...

What do you think?
Visfarix

Re: Seasonal 5of7 event

Postby Ginnazoh » Thu Jan 07, 2010 4:00 pm

I like your idea as there are some seasonal cards I wish to keep long term, such as assassin and miffyre and ruby buncle and lelein and mermaid soldier...and yea i like lots of them this time round..

But, I think I would personally prefer point cards over art work exchange. I always felt that 5 of 7 event were geared towards increasing activity by offering players something they can trade in to add a new experience to their game...such as trading in point cards for a specific card..or like some people recycling them for 5 gran to lotto pull. Either way, with point cards, there is at least the option of collecting it or recycling it to get new cards. Whereas stuff like new artwork, I think it should be something thats definitely a "payers" perk where payers can get them through seasonal lotto and other money based events.

I just feel that making 5 of 7 something as static as artwork change will probably turn players away from the event as they probably do not care if they had a prettier assassin or not as the prettier assassin will not help them add anything new to their Alteil game play experience.
Ginnazoh

Postby Visfarix » Thu Jan 07, 2010 4:21 pm

Ginnazoh wrote:But, I think I would personally prefer point cards over art work exchange. I always felt that 5 of 7 event were geared towards increasing activity by offering players something they can trade in to add a new experience to their game...such as trading in point cards for a specific card..or like some people recycling them for 5 gran to lotto pull. Either way, with point cards, there is at least the option of collecting it or recycling it to get new cards. Whereas stuff like new artwork, I think it should be something thats definitely a "payers" perk where payers can get them through seasonal lotto and other money based events.

I just feel that making 5 of 7 something as static as artwork change will probably turn players away from the event as they probably do not care if they had a prettier assassin or not as the prettier assassin will not help them add anything new to their Alteil game play experience.

That's fine. I never said that there can't be other prizes. If the GMs want to give 5 point cards away and do a raffle along with the exchange, I'm fine with that. I don't decide what is given out anyway. I just want to make sure that the exchange (or at least the idea) for a seasonal card is there. Rather than the GMs giving away a card that only a few people might want, like say rapid flying apprentice or exploding spores, we the users can pick a card we have and keep that seasonal art, like miffyre or assassin.

The only problems I can see with this exchange is that this might be a headache to program and players who don't have any seasonal cards won't get to pick a card they want to keep.
Visfarix

Postby Xovian » Thu Jan 07, 2010 6:02 pm

I like the idea.
Nice one, and yea i'd love to have a permanent version of the Assassin seasonal art.

Since the additions of cards to peoples collections would have to be done by hand(most likely by Lupos or Edgar), even those with out them could still say what they want.
Probably be done in a specific thread when it came time to reward them.
I'm Chromatic, I embody all Spheres.
Xovian

Postby LoneKnight » Thu Jan 07, 2010 7:43 pm

Well, there are 4 cards with new art, so couldn't they give a "levelup" event for those who participated either with the new 4 card arts or the old 4 (or maybe random 4)? Seems like the easiest solution imo and they wouldn't have to go and add the stuff by hand for each pick (only add the "levelup" event for those who meet the criteria).
LoneKnight

Postby luckysvn777 » Thu Jan 07, 2010 8:00 pm

Except you aren't getting the card, you're replacing the card.. they aren't going to give away a Miffyre to everyone.. though I wish they would :p Thus they would likely have to manually go in and do that.
luckysvn777

Postby LoneKnight » Thu Jan 07, 2010 8:08 pm

Only cards you actually have could come up for the lvlup then... I don't know if it could be set so that it gets exchanged instead of just plain added though. Eh, just tossing ideas out there anyway.
LoneKnight

Postby DDrgn » Thu Jan 07, 2010 8:21 pm

Getting a seasonal art card would be an wonderful prize for a 5 of 7 event. ...Unless the GM's were already on planning on doing so. ;) Very good idea! ;th2

Like Xovian, I'd also love a permanent version of the Assassin's seasonal art version. :)
( ゚ ヮ゚)b
DDrgn

Postby Phenoca » Sat Feb 20, 2010 11:42 pm

Same here. Assassin seasonal art.

In fact, I could even use a 2nd copy of Assassin for Falkow Rush!

But I'd also like to see another Exploding Spores event :)
Or some other useful level 1.

Dragon Breath..?
flood + Pakistan = hunger
Phenoca

Postby Otonashi » Sun Feb 21, 2010 12:01 am

Well, they did just give out 20 Dalos's. Maybe a neat idea would be to draw names equal to the number of seasonal cards there are, and each person gets to pick out any seasonal card they want to be added to their account. However, the catch is that there can't be any repeat picks. So the three people at the top of the list (people whose names were picked first) could choose Miffyre, Zu, and Renally respectively, and #4 wouldn't be able to pick a 5* because they've been chosen already. HOWEVER, the guy at the top of the list (#1) could pick Asuet instead of Miffyre if he really wanted it, which would leave Miffyre open for #4. If he wanted it, but he might go for Fellana instead.

This is, of course, for their usual big grand prize draw. There'd always be point cards and maybe a little bonus for participation like always. (Like the spores, or the ninja costume)
Otonashi

Return to Safiria's Planning Bureau