Referral System

User suggestions to improve the game

Referral System

Postby harvest4god » Fri Jan 08, 2010 1:04 pm

I feel that this game could really use a referral system. It will increase the player base, and also, provide a possiblity for a paying base for some players. The main argument from this is that the system could be abused. Well, I feel a great solution to this is to put in the registeration field. "Who referred you?" where an iczer's name can be placed.

Now the idea behind referrals is that a player will receive rewards for referring players to the game. My suggestion is that those rewards will only occur if the new player begins to pay. I would suggest some type of reward for maybe every $10 the referred player spends. IE. extra gran, point cards, maybe a free level up card choice.

The idea is that if a person places a post in a forum or something and has maybe 10 people sign up for the game. If only one person becomes a paying player, then they will only get rewards for that one person. The other nine will just add to the player base, which is still helpful. Also, this will give both free and paying players incentive to refer new people to the game. It will give advertisment by word of mouth and give the possibility of a lot of paying players to join.

My thoughts on what should be the rewards would be either 50 gran per $10 spent, or 10 point cards per $10 dollar spent(could also just be 1 point card per dollar), or a "level up" selection per $10 dollars (rarity 3-5*). This would prevent abuse since the reward only happens if the new player begins to pay, meaning that creating a lot of false accounts would be worthless.
harvest4god

Re: Referral System

Postby luckysvn777 » Fri Jan 08, 2010 1:10 pm

Perhaps it could be an add-on to the achievement system?

Actually perhaps the old trainer system could be tied into the achievement system somehow as well at that... Trainee has reached Folrart, trainer gets X point cards, etc.
luckysvn777

Postby harvest4god » Fri Jan 08, 2010 1:16 pm

luckysvn777 wrote:Perhaps it could be an add-on to the achievement system?

Actually perhaps the old trainer system could be tied into the achievement system somehow as well at that... Trainee has reached Folrart, trainer gets X point cards, etc.

This could still be abused since it doesn't take someone real long to get to folrart. The only way to prevent abuse is to only provide rewards for paying new players or to make it a really high goal. IE. Player reached level 50 in Folrart.
harvest4god

Postby luckysvn777 » Fri Jan 08, 2010 1:18 pm

Well yea, i didn't put much thought into it, but it certainly seems like something that could tied into achievements. That was the only point i was going for there ^^
luckysvn777

Postby Peralisc2 » Fri Jan 08, 2010 3:33 pm

I would suggest some type of reward for maybe every $10 the referred player spends.

I agree with this referral-reward system only if they add a restriction like that or even higher.
ImageImage
Alteil is pretty much well balanced. Sometimes you loose and sometimes the enemy wins.
Peralisc2

Return to Safiria's Planning Bureau