Forum Rules

User suggestions to improve the game

Re: Forum Rules

Postby Demongod » Sat Jan 23, 2010 10:35 pm

I'm against any more rules than are currently in place. If you want a different atmosphere on the forums, change the game such that the atmosphere changes, instead of simply trying to squelch it.

One way or another, people will find a way to deliver their message.
Nerf Elite Fencer. Change start skill to "target unit of agi 4 or higher gets AGI = 3. Then, this unit gets AGI = 4 for this turn and ATK +10"

For the great justice of the diverse meta.
Demongod

Postby crimsonshade » Sun Jan 24, 2010 1:38 am

Both sides can deliver their points coherently without the need for flaming/trolling/etc.

+1
crimsonshade

Postby Peralisc2 » Sun Jan 24, 2010 2:34 am

Don't care either way.
ImageImage
Alteil is pretty much well balanced. Sometimes you loose and sometimes the enemy wins.
Peralisc2

Postby luckysvn777 » Sun Jan 24, 2010 2:36 am

Demongod, you do realize every time you actually go an attack the vets instead of making valid points and start flaming (which you've done a couple times even recently) you pretty much lose all credit and make it hard for anyone at all to take you seriously..

So if anything, making you follow the rules will help you out by making you stick to points and not bashing...

And before you claim the other side does it too, yes I know. It doesn't help their points either.

Also, Demongod.. you aren't some holy messenger, and your message isn't the only one out there. In fact, it seems most people disagree with a lot of your points... so don't expect the atmosphere to ever change that much towards what you want.. frankly the game would fall apart if it did, I guarantee that..
luckysvn777

Postby Galandros » Sun Jan 24, 2010 11:42 am

I strongly agree with this.
All-teal!!!!!!
Galandros

Postby AnnaTheRed » Sun Jan 24, 2010 12:08 pm

Like Dwild said, we're going to talk about this on Monday.

It'll save us SO MUCH TIME if we don't have to check the forum every minute to mod trolling/flaming on the forum.
We could be doing something else that's far more important.
AnnaTheRed

Postby Artist » Sun Jan 24, 2010 2:16 pm

DWildstar wrote:
fargone wrote:Thank you DW.

I had no idea you were still on leave.... I'm sorry.

Not on vacation, but reading the forums isn't high on my list of priorities during the weekends ;)

This is a sign that Alteil is becoming more popular and the player base is expanding. More moneys for yous!

*HI5*
Artist

Postby fargone » Thu Jan 28, 2010 7:27 pm

AnnaTheRed wrote:Like Dwild said, we're going to talk about this on Monday.

It'll save us SO MUCH TIME if we don't have to check the forum every minute to mod trolling/flaming on the forum.

I agree, but...

Unfortunately, you have a rock in your shoe with this one. How long can you ignore it before you stop and take the rock out?
GonFreeces31 wrote:
fargone wrote:I realise this is completely off topic, but Icy deserves the limelight more than others. Some of whom dominate the forums with their endless posts.

What, I make legit points too...
fargone

Postby luckysvn777 » Fri Jan 29, 2010 10:26 am

AnnaTheRed wrote:Like Dwild said, we're going to talk about this on Monday.

Couldn't you just give Rom and other new moderators (as in, probably should "hire" more) a bit more power and let them manage things? Rom seems to a very good, unbiased job at moderation, and, even without a concise rule set, it shouldn't be a problem to let the forums get managed that way, and only have to have the GM's get bothered in extreme cases.
luckysvn777

Postby garcia1000 » Fri Jan 29, 2010 10:41 am

I think most other sites delegate mod duties to trusted users! I asked my friend, Mr Ricardo, about this. David said, "Yes, that would be a more efficient use of scarce resources!"
"Pixies are all level 2, right? So why not try to drop cyclone on them?"
garcia1000

PreviousNext

Return to Safiria's Planning Bureau