Is this on the TO DO list or have you considered adding it?

User suggestions to improve the game

Is this on the TO DO list or have you considered adding it?

Postby Peralisc2 » Sat Jan 23, 2010 1:51 am

This suggestion ain't new, but here's a reminder:

What about having an option to freeze RP / weekly points gain - loss / lose-victory modifier? This allows people to play random stuff for fun and i am sure it's much more fun than against the NPC.
ImageImage
Alteil is pretty much well balanced. Sometimes you loose and sometimes the enemy wins.
Peralisc2

Re: Is this on the TO DO list or have you considered adding it?

Postby LDEvolution » Sat Jan 23, 2010 5:24 am

This sounds great :D.

I would love to be able to freeze my RP and keep it like that XD, I kinda have a question with your suggestion would it be possible to freeze your RP only and still LV up? since I rather see my losses go higher and higher without something else bugging me.

Just asking :D
http://www.alteil.com/forum/index.php/topic?f=27&t=7338
The Alteil 3DS Homebrew Project...by LDE and Ganon
LDEvolution

Postby luckysvn777 » Sat Jan 23, 2010 5:30 am

I heartily heartily approve of this idea. Although i see no reason for anything to freeze besides RP. By keeping gran and exp and everything else in the mix, you still have a reason to keep playing in the arena, but without RP at risk, you can play leisurely and fun files once you don't feel like grinding RP anymore.. i'm sure many vets would love to do that.

As long as the opponent gets RP still if they win and dont' have it frozen. Otherwise it wouldn't be fair

Perhaps make it so you have to risk your RP at least one time a week for weekly gran though.

The cool thing about this is by allowing vets to play other files without RP risk, it gives new players more chances to win and level up and feel better about themselves.

Please implement this ^^
luckysvn777

Postby fargone » Sat Jan 23, 2010 6:07 am

I agree with this too - I believe they did implement this on the release of set 6 (for a limited time).

My only question is, why not play that way anyway? There are no prizes for first place.
GonFreeces31 wrote:
fargone wrote:I realise this is completely off topic, but Icy deserves the limelight more than others. Some of whom dominate the forums with their endless posts.

What, I make legit points too...
fargone

Postby crimsonshade » Sat Jan 23, 2010 6:10 am

I could care less about RP... but I approve of freezing weekly gran! To me, the -1 for loss is a huge demotivator to play in Folrart, especially with DEFS and Primclone running about. And this is actually the only source of grindable gran in the game, so it's pretty important to me (as with many free players I'm sure). I'd like to be able to relax and just play for fun, without worry of losing out on weekly gran.

That being said, freezing weekly gran probably isn't going to happen. I'm assuming the -1 loss is there to lessen the amount of net free gran Alteil gives out... which is 1 gran per game (2 for winner, -1 for loser). With freezing in play, Alteil could end up losing 2 gran per match (more likely than not the player with frozen gran will be playing "fun" files over competitive ones). Potential revenue issues?

So for the gran part, I propose just changing the system to +1 for win, 0 for loss, instead of having the option to freeze
crimsonshade

Postby Eldena » Sat Jan 23, 2010 6:16 am

It could also entice ppl who are not willing to play while a high-RP player is the arena and they wait for him to leave before they press "Battle Start!", which results in more ppl in the arena overall. ;th2
Leader of: ~Kingdom Hearts~

Kingdom Hearts (lvl 3 guild) is recruiting, just pm me :D
Eldena

Postby Peralisc2 » Sat Jan 23, 2010 7:05 am

RP freeze alone is meaningless to me and to anyone else who dosn't really care about it.

I see the issue with the system getting abuseable if gran freeze is applied only to the one who activated the option, so i say gran freeze should apply for both size in that case if the GMs have issues with it.

At the very least the win-loss record should also be frozen aswell when you use the freeze function. You might not care about the win record, but i really don't feel like getting it down to 0,5% or such just so i can play random stuff.
ImageImage
Alteil is pretty much well balanced. Sometimes you loose and sometimes the enemy wins.
Peralisc2

Postby luckysvn777 » Sat Jan 23, 2010 7:10 am

Fair enough. Freeze the win record is fine

And the RP freeze would affect those that the system would really help.. as in those who care enough about RP to feel forced to grind meta files over and over to gain it. Then they could take a break from Primclones and DEFS and so on and lower the amount of meta in Folrart.. which would be refreshing for everyone.

otherwise if you had fun files with complete freeze.. well that's called the training arena.
luckysvn777

Postby Khalida » Sat Jan 23, 2010 7:16 am

Peralisc2 wrote:This suggestion ain't new, but here's a reminder:

What about having an option to freeze RP / weekly points gain - loss / lose-victory modifier? This allows people to play random stuff for fun and i am sure it's much more fun than against the NPC.

That would make the ranking obsolete. Just think of an iczer who freezes his rp at 2100 and then duels in the arena. How much rp would people get, who win against such a player?...
For that kind of "fun", there is the training-arena. Sure, it's nearly impossible to use the training-arena, but that's just because of the circumstances, that we don't have more than 130 people being online at the same time. It's not a problem of having not the option to play without ranking.
Khalida

Postby LDEvolution » Sat Jan 23, 2010 11:59 am

Khalida wrote:
Peralisc2 wrote:This suggestion ain't new, but here's a reminder:

That would make the ranking obsolete. Just think of an iczer who freezes his rp at 2100 and then duels in the arena. How much rp would people get, who win against such a player?...
For that kind of "fun", there is the training-arena. Sure, it's nearly impossible to use the training-arena, but that's just because of the circumstances, that we don't have more than 130 people being online at the same time. It's not a problem of having not the option to play without ranking.

I never liked the ranking but its there to stay but being a freeplayer with having all the payment options needing something I don't have I rather just LV up without needing to have my RP go higher or lower, I rather just live with my RP at the solid 1500 that I started with and just LV up only. The training arena maybe an option but without any LV ups its sorta usless.

I think from what Pera suggested I can add to it so it stays fair for those RP grinders and those who just wnat to play for fun or to LV up and get a card they can either recycle to use.

RP freeze - You don't appear in the to RP list or something no matter how high your RP is, you won't get weekly gran by playing all your matches with this on.
Win/Loss freeze - Ok...I never really got the point of this but alright...I guess you...ummm....I don't know

Well IMO only 1 of these can be active at once to make things fair. I would like it if this was put in sooner since I rather just freeze my RP for all but 1 of my matches since I don't care if I ever have the highest RP or not, all I really wanted was to make 2 real good decks and have fun while getting LV ups. (To me Crest was great, you can LV up and get cards without needing to care about some RP and if you bought cards you can test out new decks without a care in the world, Folrart was a big dissapointment to me but thats just me)
http://www.alteil.com/forum/index.php/topic?f=27&t=7338
The Alteil 3DS Homebrew Project...by LDE and Ganon
LDEvolution

Next

Return to Safiria's Planning Bureau