Wording on Cards

User suggestions to improve the game

Wording on Cards

Postby Noobwiz » Sat Jan 23, 2010 4:54 pm

Some wording is confusing or inaccurate. Changing some of text would help those who are learning the game (like me!).

Here is what confused the heck out of me:

1) 3->4
When I first saw "->", i said outloud "Wtf is does that mean?" Now I know it means a Random amount between. Could you clarify what "->" means? Like:

Dub Rido
do [Damage: A Random amount between 1 and 50]
or even
do [Random Damage: 1->50]

Unwanted Charity
Engage all Friendly Units, and then you gain a Random amount of SP between 1 and 3.
or
...gain Random SP+1->3

2) Cannot be hit by an Attack Action
When I first went against a Feline Kin Fighter I had to test what the card actually did (instead of trying to kill it). Does it mean "an" attack action, as in one attack action. Does it mean 'an' as in all Attack actions.

Change this to:
Cannot be hit by any Attack Action.
or
Cannot be hit by all Attack Actions.

3) Rank-up +[HP]
Cards the have Rank-up +[HP], don't behave as they are written. You need to include that their MAXHP is increasing.

Dual Axe Wielder should read:
Rank Up
Spheres of Influence[Gowen]Lv.5[MAXHP+30][HP+30]

These are pretty minor (I eventually figured that stuff out), but it would be nice if these examples were clarified. Thanks!
Noobwiz

Re: Wording on Cards

Postby Soiyeruda » Sat Jan 23, 2010 7:23 pm

1) This is something you just learn over time, so in all honesty, I don't think it'll be that hard to figure out that 1->X indicates some sort of random number, even after the first use. Especially if you picked the Gowen Starter and chose combat monk (though to be fair, his action skill adds damage in multiples of 10, which could be clarified but isn't entirely necessary).

2) I think you went too deep with this one. If she could only be invincible for one attack action, she'd be pretty useless, no? I think it makes "an attack action" singular because there's only one way to initiate an attack (and that's to click the Attack Button), and she can't be hit by using that method.

3) Again, this is just sorta assumed. Would be stupid to only heal your unit by 30 HP for 2-3 SP, no?
Soiyeruda

Postby elroy1990 » Sun Jan 24, 2010 7:22 am

Well im new and i agree adding a little more text to certain cards would help out greatly yesterday (second day here)
Some soul card says set 1 enemy hp to 0.
Nothing happens and i dont die so i defeated the guy but we both thought 1 of my cards was going to die (he had that card twice).

So some better explanation o some cards would help.
elroy1990

Postby Soiyeruda » Sun Jan 24, 2010 7:33 am

elroy1990 wrote:Well im new and i agree adding a little more text to certain cards would help out greatly yesterday (second day here)
Some soul card says set 1 enemy hp to 0.
Nothing happens and i dont die so i defeated the guy but we both thought 1 of my cards was going to die (he had that card twice).

So some better explanation o some cards would help.

There's only 4 cards that have a "set enemy HP=0." in their Soul skill text somewhere.

Death Incarnate / Proposition
Abyssal Centaur / Dical
Ghost
EX Soul Keeper / Phimilliar

Death Proposition and Dical are out, since their Soul Skills (SS) activate no matter what. EX Phimilliar requires you to set one of your units to HP=0 before she makes two target enemies get HP=0. Ghost can only affect characters.

My guess is, the soul card used was Ghost, and since you didn't have a character unit out (Character units are the ones with actual names.), it did nothing because it had nothing to target. So not really a matter of "needs more text" there. Just need to read the text a bit more carefully.
Soiyeruda

Return to Safiria's Planning Bureau