Errata's

User suggestions to improve the game

Re: Errata's

Postby luckysvn777 » Wed Feb 10, 2010 6:25 pm

40/20, 50/10, and 60/0 are even stronger than 30/30. In this game, attack is a much better stat than defense... defense is easily dealt with..

that 30 attack combined with the defense if anything is what makes it so OP.
luckysvn777

Postby LoneKnight » Wed Feb 10, 2010 8:22 pm

I don't think that's true. If the unit doesn't have defense and gets a +60 buff, the worst it can do is attack (maybe like, use an ability once) then get killed from grim, SS, skills, other guy attacking, etc. By giving it def (and +30 def at that), you eliminate a bunch of stuff that could've killed the unit in one shot, like most dmg SS, other units, etc... meaning that it'll attack more than once.

That said, while I must say that this SS is heavily power creepy, I don't think it needs a nerf. Rather, I think it'd be better to start giving better options at cheap debuffing.
LoneKnight

Postby garcia1000 » Wed Feb 10, 2010 9:49 pm

I think at the non-stratosphere level, +30 DF is a serious buff. +50AT/+10DF would be less powerful for humans.
"Pixies are all level 2, right? So why not try to drop cyclone on them?"
garcia1000

Postby bob000 » Wed Feb 10, 2010 11:58 pm

Yeesh, a lot of these suggested errata are very poorly thought out. If you suggest something at least try to analyze the consequences.
bob000

Postby Ginnazoh » Thu Feb 11, 2010 2:29 am

firstly, 30/30 and lebeau are not comparable. As I said in another post, they serve different purposes and the ONLY similarity between these two is that they both give you a permanent defense boast. lebeau is an endgame ss to make an unit largely immune to damage, 30/30 is an early game ss to give durability and one shot kill power to an unit. and as I said in another place, having a high defense unit early game and late game makes a huge difference.

as you said, yes the ones that buff two units are giving a total of 60 stat boast but just spread out to two different units. but being spread out makes a huge difference, you guys are smart enough to know what I mean without me having to insult both you guys and myself by giving an example.

I personally still believe that the maximum boast a SS gives to ONE unit should be no more than 30 stat points.

personally I would much rather see a 0/30 buff instead of 30/30...we already have a 30/0 buff (sylph) and the only strong defense buff are lebeau and alphonce (a 3* and 5*) that is only effective late game.
Ginnazoh

Postby crimsonshade » Thu Feb 11, 2010 4:52 am

luckysvn777 wrote:In this game, attack is a much better stat than defense... defense is easily dealt with...

Hehe, you say that because you have EX DeFau and the like :P I use Gowen as well, but without those cards, I honestly have no idea how to deal with those besides dropping a Der Freischutz in, or just plain Assassin. Falkow, Lawtia and Refess seem to handle this quite well though... why the Gowen hate? T_T

Anyway, I think 30/30 is waaay more advantageous and flexible than the 40/20, 50/10, or 60/0, since the latter three provide nothing extra really. One-shot is one-shot... no extra points for getting him into the negatives. And the 30 DF provides something like 90 extra HP (for 3 hits), assuming you don't debuff his DF somehow. Max HP atk skills are good, but costly, and you usually have only one of those fielded at one time. And SS are very costly. All this means that the 30/30 unit gets to live a long rampaging life.

Edit: Then again, SS are supposed to be game-changing... and I kind of like the twist this puts into things. Sure, Gowen needs to work a bit more in getting around this... but something needs to stop its rampant abuse anyway :lol:
crimsonshade

Postby Peralisc2 » Thu Feb 11, 2010 6:45 am

joshisawesum wrote:Falkow, Lawtia and Refess seem to handle this quite well though... why the Gowen hate?

You even dare to say "why the gowen hate" after what gowen can do?

Lawtia has penetrators and that's it. Fire arrow and sylph/undine spam can take care of those easy.
ImageImage
Alteil is pretty much well balanced. Sometimes you loose and sometimes the enemy wins.
Peralisc2

Postby luckysvn777 » Thu Feb 11, 2010 10:46 am

Hehe, you say that because you have EX DeFau and the like

I took him out though. Yea 30/30 is good against Gowen though. But otherwise, the other spheres have easy options to get around 30 defense. The reason attack is better is because there are so many options to negate defense in the game, but not many to negate attack.

Imagine the difference between 30/30 and 60/0 on a Hellsmoke for example. 30/30 you can shield break and fight back.. 60/0 you're just going to be punished.
luckysvn777

Postby Metallix » Thu Feb 11, 2010 4:04 pm

Except falkow if someone pulls a 30/30 on a lvl 6 or above it's in trouble.

Gotta love falkow the only Sphere that doesen't have a unit with the ability to Destroy/bypass defense.
Metallix

Postby Peralisc2 » Thu Feb 11, 2010 4:06 pm

Renally can bypass it.
ImageImage
Alteil is pretty much well balanced. Sometimes you loose and sometimes the enemy wins.
Peralisc2

PreviousNext

Return to Safiria's Planning Bureau