Errata's

User suggestions to improve the game

Re: Errata's

Postby Metallix » Thu Feb 11, 2010 4:08 pm

COme back when you have an example that allows for realistic use please.
Metallix
 
Posts: 405
Joined: Thu Oct 15, 2009 3:46 am

Re: Errata's

Postby luckysvn777 » Thu Feb 11, 2010 4:12 pm

Renally doesn't have realistic use?

I disagree.
User avatar
luckysvn777
 
Posts: 3840
Joined: Sat Feb 07, 2009 3:51 am

Re: Errata's

Postby Otonashi » Thu Feb 11, 2010 4:49 pm

Yeah, it's too bad Falkow doesn't have any units that can punch for 100+ damage at a time by just playing a Slyph on it. OH WAIT...
User avatar
Otonashi
 
Posts: 2438
Joined: Fri Apr 17, 2009 12:10 am

Re: Errata's

Postby crimsonshade » Thu Feb 11, 2010 9:02 pm

Peralisc2 wrote:Fire arrow and sylph/undine spam can take care of those easy.


Fire arrow on a 30/30 unit? Early in the game? You have that much spare SP while still maintaining field presence? :?

luckysvn777 wrote:Imagine the difference between 30/30 and 60/0 on a Hellsmoke for example. 30/30 you can shield break and fight back.. 60/0 you're just going to be punished.


No, I'm saying 30/0 is pretty much no different from 60/0 or 90/0 or 1000/0, because all of them simply mean one-hit KO for a wide range of units (of course, apart from a few exceptions). The 30 attack boost is the maximum required. Anything else is just extra.

Using your Hellsmoke example, with the 60/0, one of my units die each turn, but he also loses a copy or two most likely. With the 30/30, one of my units still die per turn (unless I am a Lapierre file I guess), while either a) I only do minimal damage to him or b) I use up SP to shield break/penetrate/grim etc.

But yeah, I'm not saying it needs a nerf because I kinda like how it stops Gowen rush rampaging in Folrart. It's a nice balance
User avatar
crimsonshade
 
Posts: 1250
Joined: Sat Oct 17, 2009 2:33 am

Re: Errata's

Postby Peralisc2 » Thu Feb 11, 2010 9:09 pm

Peralisc2 wrote:Fire arrow and sylph/undine spam can take care of those easy.

Fire arrow on a 30/30 unit? Early in the game? You have that much spare SP while still maintaining field presence? :? [/quote]

Here's the full quote:
Lawtia has penetrators and that's it. Fire arrow and sylph/undine spam can take care of those easy.

See if you just take out of context something it changes the meaning, so pay attention. :/
ImageImage
Alteil is pretty much well balanced. Sometimes you loose and sometimes the enemy wins.
Peralisc2
 
Posts: 7031
Joined: Mon Sep 08, 2008 10:38 pm
Location: planet of the self-proclaimed evolving apes

Re: Errata's

Postby luckysvn777 » Thu Feb 11, 2010 9:31 pm

No, I'm saying 30/0 is pretty much no different from 60/0 or 90/0 or 1000/0, because all of them simply mean one-hit KO for a wide range of units (of course, apart from a few exceptions). The 30 attack boost is the maximum required. Anything else is just extra


Actually that's a fair point. Still, I want to say attack is still better than defense. Although when you get to extreme amounts, the effect of additional attack decreases much faster than attack.

Either way, i'd rather keep the 30 defense and drop the attack anyway. But its not like it'll happen anyway.
User avatar
luckysvn777
 
Posts: 3840
Joined: Sat Feb 07, 2009 3:51 am

Re: Errata's

Postby crimsonshade » Thu Feb 11, 2010 9:34 pm

Peralisc2 wrote:See if you just take out of context something it changes the meaning, so pay attention. :/


In response to your original post (which I misinterpreted again sory -_-;;), Lawtia also has Warning Knife + Penetrators, Corruption, and Pure Terror. Whilst Gowen only has Fire Arrow and raw power, and perhaps the occasional shield penetrator HBH. Ignore the part about the Gowen hate... I like this SS because of that very reason.
User avatar
crimsonshade
 
Posts: 1250
Joined: Sat Oct 17, 2009 2:33 am

Re: Errata's

Postby garcia1000 » Thu Feb 11, 2010 9:47 pm

lucky, I think that a Sea Hunter with 30 AT and 10 DF is better than a Sea Hunter with 40 AT and 10 DF.
Similarly for a Guardian, 30 AT and 0 DF would be a nerf, I think.
Same for Tortoise, 40 AT 0 DF would be weaker than currently.

Can you name a unit where it would be a buff for its DF to be converted into AT?
"Pixies are all level 2, right? So why not try to drop cyclone on them?"
garcia1000
 
Posts: 2438
Joined: Sun Nov 22, 2009 11:51 pm

Re: Errata's

Postby Metallix » Thu Feb 11, 2010 9:50 pm

Otonashi wrote:Yeah, it's too bad Falkow doesn't have any units that can punch for 100+ damage at a time by just playing a Slyph on it. OH WAIT...



As a point it doesn't.
Metallix
 
Posts: 405
Joined: Thu Oct 15, 2009 3:46 am

Re: Errata's

Postby Otonashi » Thu Feb 11, 2010 10:13 pm

Metallix wrote:
Otonashi wrote:Yeah, it's too bad Falkow doesn't have any units that can punch for 100+ damage at a time by just playing a Slyph on it. OH WAIT...



As a point it doesn't.


My point is that Falkow isn't as helpless as you claim.
User avatar
Otonashi
 
Posts: 2438
Joined: Fri Apr 17, 2009 12:10 am

PreviousNext

Return to Safiria's Planning Bureau

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests

cron