Brainstorming Achievements

User suggestions to improve the game

Re: Suggestions for achievements:

Postby luckysvn777 » Sat Feb 27, 2010 5:50 pm

While I think there are too many rewards there that are related, some of them are definitely good.. and frankly the high point card reward for the wincount might not be a bad idea. Some of the weekly awards are a good idea as well. The achievement system should encourage playing, and that would do it..

Plus i want 120 point cards... 1000 wins really does deserve that much in my opinion >.>
luckysvn777

Postby Demongod » Sat Feb 27, 2010 7:27 pm

That was the idea! Thanks for the support, lucky. It means quite a bit.
Nerf Elite Fencer. Change start skill to "target unit of agi 4 or higher gets AGI = 3. Then, this unit gets AGI = 4 for this turn and ATK +10"

For the great justice of the diverse meta.
Demongod

Postby luckysvn777 » Sat Feb 27, 2010 7:43 pm

Actually, looking it over again, its mostly the one-time ones that I agree with.

Dailies I don't like for the reason that it would almost make Alteil into a chore.

Weeklies, I think there should be some sort of reward for playing enough games in a week. Like maybe play 20 games, get 3 point cards? I don't know. 5 of 7 should stay as events I think, since it kinda loses its fun if its an every week thing.

There should be point cards for level up.. and it shouldn't even need to be an achievement thing >.>

Monthlies.. I think sticking to weeklies is better overall..

Then maybe a few gran options should be thrown into the weeklies and that would work.. a bit of reward for playing a lot while not be too demanding like dailies and not just giving out massive free rewards to everyone.
luckysvn777

Re: Brainstorming Achievements

Postby DWildstar » Sat Feb 27, 2010 10:44 pm

Merging thread to previous thread about achievement ideas. Please use the forum search.
DWildstar

Postby ANIMEniac » Sat Feb 27, 2010 11:13 pm

luckysvn777 wrote:Actually, looking it over again, its mostly the one-time ones that I agree with.

Dailies I don't like for the reason that it would almost make Alteil into a chore.

Weeklies, I think there should be some sort of reward for playing enough games in a week. Like maybe play 20 games, get 3 point cards? I don't know. 5 of 7 should stay as events I think, since it kinda loses its fun if its an every week thing.

There should be point cards for level up.. and it shouldn't even need to be an achievement thing >.>

Monthlies.. I think sticking to weeklies is better overall..

Then maybe a few gran options should be thrown into the weeklies and that would work.. a bit of reward for playing a lot while not be too demanding like dailies and not just giving out massive free rewards to everyone.

That's how i feel about WoW. It is a nice bonus, but it feels like a chore now. MM is already a chore....
ANIMEniac

Postby Demongod » Sat Feb 27, 2010 11:25 pm

Well most of these achievements are just to encourage people to play. Want to play? You'll be rewarded for adding to the list of people searching.

Basically, the rewards are supposed to be a way to compensate players for playing, aside from the 2 gran for winning.
Nerf Elite Fencer. Change start skill to "target unit of agi 4 or higher gets AGI = 3. Then, this unit gets AGI = 4 for this turn and ATK +10"

Demongod

Postby Peralisc2 » Sat Feb 27, 2010 11:37 pm

If you don't like an extra "chore" then just take fargone's advice and don't do it.
ImageImage
Alteil is pretty much well balanced. Sometimes you loose and sometimes the enemy wins.
Peralisc2

Postby fargone » Sun Feb 28, 2010 6:28 pm

I would like to see some Achievements that are directly related to the use of some cards. For example Ghost, or Bear Killing Axe Man. These units are rarely if ever used and this would encourage a more widespread use of cards often ignored in folrart.

I understand that not everyone has all the cards (does anyone?). This is not necessarily a reflection of the cards ppl have had, but often the cards they have kept. As long as most of the card based achievements remain reasonably low in rarity they should be easy enough to acquire over time (you can always use them for the achievement and then recycle).

Peralisc2 wrote:If you don't like an extra "chore" then just take fargone's advice and don't do it.

This is out of context, but... Thanks pera, it was nice to see my name without some sort of trolling or flaming following - very refreshing :D
GonFreeces31 wrote:
fargone wrote:I realise this is completely off topic, but Icy deserves the limelight more than others. Some of whom dominate the forums with their endless posts.

What, I make legit points too...
fargone

Postby Demongod » Sun Feb 28, 2010 6:29 pm

In all honesty, if those units are so bad that they need an achievement centered around them, I think it'd be nice to get a shielded playset. Would it really *hurt* anyone?

Demongod

Postby ANIMEniac » Sun Feb 28, 2010 9:36 pm

For new players, I think it would be nice to get an achievement for using a certain card and are given the cards to try it.

If a UI is created to track and record achievements (like a quest log), it would make things much more easy for players.
Say there is an achievement to use Gladiator. If person doesn't have, then they can request for copies to try. These copies can be limited to time (and also only able to borrow cards for 1 achievement at a time).
This way, you can give them an opportunity to try the achievements and even try the cards out.
ANIMEniac

PreviousNext

Return to Safiria's Planning Bureau