same cards that are not the same

User suggestions to improve the game

same cards that are not the same

Postby Noria » Sun Feb 07, 2010 11:37 am

hello ;)

i would appreciate if the game system could treat identical cards that only differ in art or starter/nonstarter as if they were completely the same.

this mainly refers to the "recycle" system that gives you a "quick search" option to show you all cards of which you got 4 or more so you can save yourself the work to browse through your whole collection yourself. unfortunately you usually got to do it anyways as the system fails when you got lets say 3 "starter" alraune and another 2 "normal" alraune and lets top it off with 1 "seasonal" alraune.

you got 6 alraune in total, but they are not treated as identical cards and therefore will not show up if you use the quick search, instead you got to browse back through your cards and count out how many you actually got and which ones you can recycle. same goes for all starter cards of course, and yesterday i ended up with a big sheet of paper writing down all the cards that i COULD actually recycle but the quick search didnt tell me, and those were quite a few indeed ;)

sure it´s nothing superimportant, but if there is some spare time alongside errata and stuff it would be cool if this got updated ;th2
Noria

Re: same cards that are not the same

Postby Zanador » Sun Feb 07, 2010 12:04 pm

Yeah, this can be troublesome, but i still prefer the current system. Just think about it: you see that you have 6 alraunes, you recycle 3 of them, and somehow 2 were shielded, 1 not. great. Also since we have the starter switcher now, its not really a good idea to sell cards you have 3 from the starter.. they might not be included in the next starter, and you will miss them.

And more than anything, i'd hate to recycle a Special Art card just because they were stacked up as the same as the normal art cards.
Something must be wrong with me. I'm giving advices to someone i should kill.
Zanador

Re: same cards that are not the same

Postby Noria » Sun Feb 07, 2010 12:15 pm

Zanador wrote:And more than anything, i'd hate to recycle a Special Art card just because they were stacked up as the same as the normal art cards.

of course the system may not mess together all alraune by showing you one "normal" alraune picture telling you 6/6, containing a hidden seasonal one and you can play "recycling lotto" if you are unlucky enough to dump it into the trashcan or not. the cards shouldnt "look" the same when popping up, you would always have a risk of recycling your special art cards that way :shock:

but the quick search should recognize that you got 6 alraune in total, show you 3 shielded, 2 normal and 1 seasonals so you can pick out the ones you dont need without browsing your way all through your gowen file again just to count them, not to say the moonlight warriors in you lawtia collection, the sorceress guards in your refess file... thats the idea i had in mind ;)
Noria

Return to Safiria's Planning Bureau