GM post indicator.

User suggestions to improve the game

Re: GM post indicator.

Postby Peralisc2 » Sat Feb 13, 2010 4:00 pm

Gota wrote:I'm indifferent on the matter, because I rather the GM work on game content, rather than such a small thing that would not do much.

This small thing is easy to add, really.
ImageImage
Alteil is pretty much well balanced. Sometimes you loose and sometimes the enemy wins.
Peralisc2

Postby Phenoca » Sun Feb 14, 2010 7:40 pm

DanTheTimid wrote:The GMs here might not know it, might not even like it, but their words hold tremendous power and meaning for their altiel forum goers. When a guy like me posts, most people probably just skim over it (especially if its a huge block of text), but when a GM posts, even if its 2 pages of un-paragraph breaked banter about their day, the forum goers hang on every word, looking for any hidden morsels of information related to the game that may have slipped out.

Yeah.

Edit: Lol - minus the part about me skimming over your post!
flood + Pakistan = hunger
Phenoca

Postby AnnaTheRed » Mon Feb 15, 2010 10:20 am

I've already mentioned this to Lupos. It would be a very nice feature, and help us GMs a lot. (especially Logress who has more than 2000 posts now...)
It may be easy to implement, but it still takes Lupos' time from his regular work hours. And his time is so very precious right now. You'll soon know why. ;)

Once they got the big chunk of work done, I'll bug him again for this feature.

Thanks!
AnnaTheRed

Postby Metallix » Mon Feb 15, 2010 12:03 pm

I just need to point out the following in concerns to that Anna.

1. this forum runs on phpBB

2. phpBB has it's own forum that provides a number of plugins and code's that do things just like that.

3. they also have a grading system somewhere that allows moderators to give + or - grades if a person is bad or not.

4. the internet is a wonderful thing if your using a common use program it is likely you can mooch off of someone else's Free to Use work.
Metallix

Postby AnnaTheRed » Mon Feb 15, 2010 12:17 pm

Metallix wrote:I just need to point out the following in concerns to that Anna.

1. this forum runs on phpBB

2. phpBB has it's own forum that provides a number of plugins and code's that do things just like that.

3. they also have a grading system somewhere that allows moderators to give + or - grades if a person is bad or not.

4. the internet is a wonderful thing if your using a common use program it is likely you can mooch off of someone else's Free to Use work.

AGAIN,

AnnaTheRed wrote:I've already mentioned this to Lupos. It would be a very nice feature, and help us GMs a lot. (especially Logress who has more than 2000 posts now...)
It may be easy to implement, but it still takes Lupos' time from his regular work hours. And his time is so very precious right now. You'll soon know why. ;)

Once they got the big chunk of work done, I'll bug him again for this feature.

Thanks!

Please, don't keep making me repeat myself. I'm pretty darn sure that Lupos knows that this forum runs on phpBB and such a program exists and he will do it whenever he has time to spare. ;th2

But yeah, I'd LOVE to implement the grading system... like now.
AnnaTheRed

Postby Metallix » Mon Feb 15, 2010 12:27 pm

http://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopi ... &t=1861325

There you go looked it up just for you. ;th2
Metallix

Postby Peralisc2 » Mon Feb 15, 2010 12:32 pm

Metallix wrote:they also have a grading system somewhere that allows moderators to give + or - grades if a person is bad or not.

From what i remember every user can rate. (karama thingy) O_o

I remember actually that you can rate an optionally can write the reason for doing so.
ImageImage
Alteil is pretty much well balanced. Sometimes you loose and sometimes the enemy wins.
Peralisc2

Postby Metallix » Mon Feb 15, 2010 12:35 pm

Actually you can set it so that only users of a specific user group can rate Karma all you have to do than is set it so only Mod's and admins can and it works the same as a direct made plug-in while saving the time of coding one yourself.
Metallix

Postby luckysvn777 » Mon Feb 15, 2010 12:52 pm

Oh, the irony, its so funny xD

Definitely support the grading feature for the hilarity that will ensue
luckysvn777

Postby Metallix » Mon Feb 15, 2010 2:22 pm

Yes going by just how many times in the last week alone you have gone off topic in an attempt to start a flame war it would be rather amusing.
Metallix

PreviousNext

Return to Safiria's Planning Bureau