{DDD} Doing Dailies, Daily.

User suggestions to improve the game

{DDD} Doing Dailies, Daily.

Postby HeartCard » Thu Feb 11, 2010 10:51 pm

The idea is simple, small, but perhaps effective.

So I realized that the only benefit to ACTUALLY playing alteil would be the ONE card you get at rank up. One card of RANDOM rarity. Basically 1 free lotto spin with slightly higher rarity rates.

My suggestion isn't going to revolutionize that. However, it may do two things:
1. Give a tiny boost to players, free and otherwise.
2. Encourage people to play more.

So let's get right down to them. What ARE the suggestions?

Option 1. Each Victory gives you 1 Gran.
Option 2. The First Victory of the day gives you 1 Gran.
Option 3. Once a week, you get 1 Point card if you won atleast once every day that week.

I suppose Option 3 could be rephrased to just Playing for 10 turns, rather than winning.

Either way, Comments? Agree? Disagree? Which do you A/D with?
You can't Disagree without saying Why.
If you agree, then I pretty much don't care why, so do as you like. Go ahead and say why if you like.
(Hey, atleast I'm honest. :P)

About Title: Some people from the MMORPG communities may recognize the DDD term. Doing Dailies, Daily.
Dailies are quests in MMORPGs that you can complete once a day. Kinda obvious.
HeartCard

Re: {DDD} Doing Dailies, Daily.

Postby crimsonshade » Thu Feb 11, 2010 11:21 pm

For me, the benefit of playing is the weekly gran and treasure battles I gain, and not so much level up. Level ups offer near 0 incentive for me.

As for your options... What do you propose happens to the current gran system (2 for win, -1 for loss, 1 for draw)? Are your options meant to stack on top of them? If so, option 1 basically just changes the 2/-1/0 system to a 3/-1/0, while option 2 just adds a couple measly gran, which sounds like a chore.

I quite like Option 3
crimsonshade

Postby garcia1000 » Thu Feb 11, 2010 11:26 pm

HeartCard, what would you think if each victory gave you 2 gran, but a loss subtracted 1 gran?
Would that be better than a system where each victory gave you 1 gran?
"Pixies are all level 2, right? So why not try to drop cyclone on them?"
garcia1000

Postby fargone » Fri Feb 12, 2010 12:30 am

Nice one Garcia =P

For me the benefit of playing every day is the enjoyment I get from playing.
GonFreeces31 wrote:
fargone wrote:I realise this is completely off topic, but Icy deserves the limelight more than others. Some of whom dominate the forums with their endless posts.

What, I make legit points too...
fargone

Postby Spears » Fri Feb 12, 2010 8:21 am

its not random rarity. check the rulebook for an explanation
Spears

Postby HeartCard » Fri Feb 12, 2010 1:51 pm

Garcia: I think you'd find alot of people wanting to play less.
We already get a near-zero reward for losses, no need to penalize us ontop of that.

Anyways, Options 2 and 3 came from someone mentioning Achievements being implemented soon.
Well, often Achievements have Very Small rewards(EX: You get +1 to all stats for each achievement in Grand Days, which adds up to a total of +120something, even though your stats are already in the 600/700s).
So I thought weekly achievements that give you small awards(thus 1 gran for the daily, and 1 point card for the weekly) would be helpful all around.

So no one thinks options 2 or 3 are overboard in rewards? Right?
It's just Option 1 that isn't that ideal, right?

I can deal with that, I only put option 1 up because it came to mind, not that I liked it really all that much really.
HeartCard

Postby Visfarix » Mon Feb 15, 2010 6:13 pm

Plenty of criticism for options 1 and 2 and suffice to say I don't particularly like them either.

Option 3 however...Well it sounds liked a gimped 5of7 but if it's made into a regular thing and 5of7 events stay as special events the GMs hold at random, then getting a point card every week for playing once a day(for 10 turns), every day is quite a good idea. I like ;th2
Visfarix

Postby Demongod » Mon Feb 15, 2010 6:31 pm

I don't understand the whole "ten turns" thing. How about "finish a game without giving up, regardless of how it's finished".

So if your opponent is so horrid as to die on turn 9 or earlier, or presses the give up button, you shouldn't be punished.
Nerf Elite Fencer. Change start skill to "target unit of agi 4 or higher gets AGI = 3. Then, this unit gets AGI = 4 for this turn and ATK +10"

For the great justice of the diverse meta.
Demongod

Postby Lateralus923 » Tue Feb 16, 2010 1:20 am

Demongod wrote:I don't understand the whole "ten turns" thing. How about "finish a game without giving up, regardless of how it's finished".

So if your opponent is so horrid as to die on turn 9 or earlier, or presses the give up button, you shouldn't be punished.

Agreed - I remember one instance where I literally had to play 3 matches in a row cause they kept ending at round 8 or 9 >.<

Maybe add - If YOU give up, it must be after round 10...
It'll be like a taco, within a taco, inside a Taco Bell, inside a KFC, inside a mall, that's INSIDE YOUR DREAM!!!!!!
Lateralus923

Postby Phenoca » Thu Feb 18, 2010 7:00 pm

HeartCard wrote:Each Victory gives you 1 Gran.

Option 1: Great idea. And it would work - if only losses did not take away your gran.

garcia1000 wrote:HeartCard, what would you think if each victory gave you 2 gran, but a loss subtracted 1 gran?
Would that be better than a system where each victory gave you 1 gran?

No.

I'm level 49 and my win-rate is still 31%. So not only does the -1 gran not work for new players... It does not work for old players.

Losing gran for losses is my biggest pet peeve with Alteil, since all of the other issues have been resolved.

Option 2: Heh. I have 9 gran atm. It sounds like an ok idea. But I would prefer "first game of the day, consisting of >=10 turns".

Option 3: Ok. But it should be 5 days (and I would not do it).
flood + Pakistan = hunger
Phenoca

Next

Return to Safiria's Planning Bureau